MonkeyGum Swag Trip 1st/2nd March

surfboy

Thinking about joining this one. Are the meet times in the first post still valid?

yes mate, they are the meet times..
i`m pretty sure there will be 4 at coolendel which we will meet at wombat steps at approx 10
1030am

BTFIVO

Sorry lads, vehicle is still in pieces and at this stage will remain this way at least for the next 3-4 days especially if the rain will be hanging around. Didn't realise just how big of a job this has turned into and the rain hasn't helped progress at all. Bummer too, as this trip is not a too far distance from me.

Hope to catch the next one.

Attachments

• PicsArt_1393574760311.jpg
    PicsArt_1393574760311.jpg
    591.3 KB · Views: 68

Jaye

Count me in Nandu.

I have to work in the morning but should knock the job over by 9-930 so I rekon I will just meet up with ya's sometime during the day, hopefully before Monkey Gum. I got me Hema so I shouldn't have to much of a drama finding ya's. I reckon I will be in Yalwal by lunch time.

surfboy

Count me in Nandu.

I have to work in the morning but should knock the job over by 9-930 so I rekon I will just meet up with ya's sometime during the day, hopefully before Monkey Gum. I got me Hema so I shouldn't have to much of a drama finding ya's. I reckon I will be in Yalwal by lunch time.

Legend, see you out there...

myall

Sorry won't make it tomorrow, going to work on the car and drive on Sunday if I'm lucky.

Craig 04gu

Hey Nandu,

I'll be coming from Mortdale so will meet you at Nowra. Ill pm you my number if that meet is not on.

Last edited:

03gallagherj

Spewing I didn't see this earlier otherwise I would have been on the trails with you all today. Gotta work tomorrow though, looking forward to seeing how Monkeygum has become since my last trip out 2 months back

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
Dam. I'm annoyed I missed out. Pretty wet out rob?

No man ever cut himself bearding!

surfboy

One word - "Slippery" :)

Tapatalk: Annoying Devo73 for years...

my word : eventful...

surf konked out an hour into the bush, massive thanks to rob for driving me out to get spares.
damaged first rim at the bottom of monkeygum, put the spare on.
then damaged 2nd rim halfway up monkeygum,
massive thanks to all those who helped, including the unknown people behind me..
and a massive apology to all the boys for holding up the day..

pbk1776

That's unfortunate Nandu - as long as your car is out and shit happens
That's why I like the earth people very helpful

teza h

Yeh,I seen you guyes out there,I was with a couple of mates trail riding,enjoying the dust free ride.I seen Nando's surf parked all by it's self out there in the bush,and figered that it must be brocken.:(
Monky gum on two weels is still pretty slipery.On the way up we past a group of about 15 4by's coming down,it would have been a hastle to meet them on your way up with a group.
Good day out in the rain though eh!:):):)
Cheers Teza.

yobboford

Sorry we shot off early Nandu, had to get back to the kids at Coolendel, what time did you guys end up getting to the top?

No need to thank me for the run to Nowra mate, I just think of it as good karma that I will cash in one day, lol.

Jaye

I'm stuck on the side of Braidwood Rd with Jase. His radiator finally gave up the ghost. We are now waiting on a tow truck. We did monkey gum again and it was another different to yesterday.

surfboy

I'm stuck on the side of Braidwood Rd with Jase. His radiator finally gave up the ghost. We are now waiting on a tow truck. We did monkey gum again and it was another different to yesterday.

damn...
if you are getting it fixed locally, take it to pete`s parts, the wrecker i got parts from
he is just around the corner and had a workshop..

clough - it was a throttle position sensor, tyre pressures were 20psi, it was so slippery that when you did get a bit of traction you didn`t want to stop until you hit a rock..

no probs rob, i remember airing up at about 630pm

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
Agh poor jase. That Sucks. Hope you guys get home soon. Looking forward to reading the trip report. Sounds like plenty of action and hiccups as well.

No man ever cut himself bearding!