monkey gum sunday 15th nov

BILLBY

alright folks how about a great days drive thru the lovely shoalhaven area ,the 4wd stuff would be up to the, you better be paying attention stuff, not out to break anything.

Will be a full day and you will need food and water for yourselves.

I would like to start earlyish depending where your coming from but 9 am at the nowra 4wd centre for a 9.15am departure time cnr kinghorne st and albatross rd nowra.

travelling to the old burrier fire trail , deans gaps rd , wombat flat ,monkey gum fire trail across braidwood rd to cassia fire trail down hawthorn up spotted gum to mesmate to the hwy 12 mile rd is the hwy access , we will air up then home . about 50kms doable with a reasonable size crew so should be out the other end at 4pm.
will run on channel 10 on the day uhf
howboutit ???

Walkabout

Bugger! we will be at O'Tooles or would be there for sure, the Missus'z Parents live at woolamia so will let you know next time we are down for the weekend if ya want to do some wheeling then.

Split pin

would love to go. Not sure if I have double booked for the yalwah trip at the same time. Will check and get back to you Gordan.

1 red gu

4x4 Earth Contributer
hi 1firefighter63
would love to do this run early in the new year if you are keen
all booked up now till xmas now

BILLBY

not happening

Sorry but due volley demands [ses] a course has come up that I put my name down for, not the weekend I wanted but hey thats what being a volley is all about.
I do 4wd training for my local unit and quite a few units use the yawal area for our 4wd training and being silly enough I am also a rfs member so I have learnt this area fairly , so if you feel like a tour or just heaps of fun give us a holler .Will take newbies thru to well you know others that know whats it about , cheers brad
p.s bring your camera this is pretty country:cool:

vitara94

pretty keen to do it another weekend... how tough is the track? does this track go past 6th stage?

BILLBY

walk in the park

monkey gum is good for most vehicles, it is rutted in places deeply but there is a line thru very nice drive . those who have done it the top is now the worse section due to water run off, and six stage I think is unpassable to any thing other than bikes and maybe a winch type situation and that is not quite the 4wd I have in mind :cool:

vitara94

sweet as...i love big ruts...

went to do 6th stage a few weeks back but didnt even attempt it cause it rained on us the night before..(mates mog would of pulled me through if i couldnt do it myself...)

sweet as...i love big ruts...

went to do 6th stage a few weeks back but didnt even attempt it cause it rained on us the night before..(mates mog would of pulled me through if i couldnt do it myself...)

6 stage... shakes head...

Plently of good tracks down around wombat. Found a sweet little decent/climb the other week just off the sasafras Rd (between monkey gun and yaramum fire trails). Next peron down there collects a free mud flap, haha.

BILLBY

any

takers for a run in January let me know happy to tag along or lead a trip this will be ,1 off the Iconic tracks being dirt to the vic border under consideration by the 4x4 assc.:cool:

BILLBY

wow 50 mm of rain makes for a great run today , we went as the shoalhaven 4x4 club wattle ft deans gap mintbush onto monkey gum almost swiming what a hoot up the braidwood to wandean (yeah I know black stuff at the pass ) picked up hawthorn crossed the creek best I seen it ever ,up spotted gum r/t at mesmate cyprus ft in at 2nd gate bounced our way back to wandean (saw the left over parts from my last truck ) thru to slab hill and up casia to finish
:cool:

JBird

Would love nothing more. Used to be my old haunt when I lived in Nowra and had my jackaroo, would love to see how it's changed.
There is one small problem though ... I'M IN VICTORIA DAMMIT!

Hope you guys have fun ;)