Money spinners!

rum honey

Have a GU 07 patrol , and want to get a second set of mags for on road use to look cool. Want to run 315/75 R16 hopefully in a ATZ . Need ideas on what brand , what styles , off set , any shit you all might know !

jazzajess

Hey mate youll most likely have to raise the suspension 2 inch so they dont scrub
Im running 305/70/17 atz Mickey thompson.

Poolman84

Black sunraysias with cooper st's great on and off road! dont go gay import chrome!!! keep it tough not pretty!

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Have a GU 07 patrol , and want to get a second set of mags for on road use to look cool. Want to run 315/75 R16 hopefully in a ATZ . Need ideas on what brand , what styles , off set , any shit you all might know !

315's! Your probably gunna need a 50mm body lift and a 50mm suspension lift. Very wide tyre for standard suspenion to handle. Mine are 255/85 and they drag at full stretch.

rum honey

Thanks for the help .

Hey mate youll most likely have to raise the suspension 2 inch so they dont scrub
Im running 305/70/17 atz Mickey thompson.

Have a 2'' old man done . How do you find the MTS ? Do they run well on all surfaces ? Good millage ?

rum honey

Tell more .

315's! Your probably gunna need a 50mm body lift and a 50mm suspension lift. Very wide tyre for standard suspenion to handle. Mine are 255/85 and they drag at full stretch.

More info on 2'' ( 50mm ) body lift ? Is that just putting spacers under the springs ? If so , will the old man shocks handle it ?

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
More info on 2'' ( 50mm ) body lift ? Is that just putting spacers under the springs ? If so , will the old man shocks handle it ?

Because of the width of the tyre, A 2 inch lift will note cope with that width of tyre. You'll need more clearance up and down and siewidth as well. So when the spring is compressed, there will be room for the tyre inside the mud guard. A body lift is when you put spacers between the body and the chassis to gain a liittle extra clearance. You can do a bigger suspension lift, but will probably find it illegal.

Do you really want a tyre that wide?? Have you priced one?? Also. there's heaps of extra load on your steering and drivetrain componants with a tyre that wide. Don't get drawn into something you don't need just cos it looks flash.

We were in kempsey the other day, just thought I'de mention that. And Lee locked her keys in the car.:rolleyes:

rum honey

Good tips .

Because of the width of the tyre, A 2 inch lift will note cope with that width of tyre. You'll need more clearance up and down and siewidth as well. So when the spring is compressed, there will be room for the tyre inside the mud guard. A body lift is when you put spacers between the body and the chassis to gain a liittle extra clearance. You can do a bigger suspension lift, but will probably find it illegal.

Do you really want a tyre that wide?? Have you priced one?? Also. there's heaps of extra load on your steering and drivetrain componants with a tyre that wide. Don't get drawn into something you don't need just cos it looks flash.

We were in kempsey the other day, just thought I'de mention that. And Lee locked her keys in the car.:rolleyes:

Thanks fro the info ! What would you recommend as a good tyre size for my truck ? I was looking to go taller for the reason of when you deflate you lose height . I wanted to go wider to have a bigger foot print in the soft stuff . ( help , if pos } Yes in kempsey we all lock your cars in town !!!!! and we find it easer to take them out of the car to stop car thieves . HEHE !

Pure Yobbo

There great man no scrubbing at all. QUIET on the h,way.

Far out thats a wide tyre. I went for the 28570R17. I think Frosty means when you flex it up the wheels will scrub. Mine do so yours will also.

How much on the inside of the front flare had to be cut away?