Mods to do while interior is stripped out??

I have a vdj76
So what’s your ideas?
I’m planning on doing
-New door cards all round (plywood with marine carpet) will use nutserts to refit interior back in as the clips are weak as
-4 speakers 1 in each door mabye off a Amp
-Central Locking all doors
-dynamat the floor, frame and doors ect..
-General clean up, wash inside doors and everything lol
-new center consol(as the 70series ones are crap lol)
-will get cargo barrier when refiting
-cage around fridge
-re do the electrical plugs at back off car and sort out solar Anderson plug
-new handbreak bracket from superior engineering to fix the issue of having no handbreak lol

Feel free to post pictures of your mods for ideas! Thanks heaps!

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Your list looks pretty good.
I might be tempted not to 'wash' inside doors, maybe a good blow out with compressed air and wipe over.

If door trims are off, and you have access to cavities also on the body / enclosed areas of floor braces etc, might put in some rustproofing ?
Can't hurt, that's for sure.

I'd recommend a 50/50 mix of fishoil and tectyl 506 (4lt of each, enough to do a few vehicles), mix well and use a decent body schutz gun with rustproofing hose.

Can make one yourself about say 1m long clear plastic tube, make a fitting in the end out of some hollow brass, with 4 holes around the outside and a hole in the end, so when you pull the fitting in and out of tight places, the mix gets pushed in every nook and cranny.
Put paper / plastic sheet down, tins under drain holes to catch excess, and once drained well, you can reuse, the mix will skin off on the vehicle in 4 or 5 days, and the smell disperse.

Your list looks pretty good.
I might be tempted not to 'wash' inside doors, maybe a good blow out with compressed air and wipe over.

If door trims are off, and you have access to cavities also on the body / enclosed areas of floor braces etc, might put in some rustproofing ?
Can't hurt, that's for sure.

I'd recommend a 50/50 mix of fishoil and tectyl 506 (4lt of each, enough to do a few vehicles), mix well and use a decent body schutz gun with rustproofing hose.

Can make one yourself about say 1m long clear plastic tube, make a fitting in the end out of some hollow brass, with 4 holes around the outside and a hole in the end, so when you pull the fitting in and out of tight places, the mix gets pushed in every nook and cranny.
Put paper / plastic sheet down, tins under drain holes to catch excess, and once drained well, you can reuse, the mix will skin off on the vehicle in 4 or 5 days, and the smell disperse.
Good idea! Thanks

Petunia

Feel free to post pictures of your mods for ideas! Thanks heaps!
Nutserts/Rivnuts or whatever they are called in Jamaica? ''Feel Free''? No, this one is a patented idea to modify the gun, damn things kill my hands/wrists doing 2, let alone 10 of them. Ok, don't tell me you have an air operated one? I need to make my retirement goal somehow?:cool:

Nutserts/Rivnuts or whatever they are called in Jamaica? ''Feel Free''? No, this one is a patented idea to modify the gun, damn things kill my hands/wrists doing 2, let alone 10 of them. Ok, don't tell me you have an air operated one? I need to make my retirement goal somehow?:cool:
Haha yes the one hand ones deffs need 2 hands haha lol I was thinking of buying a air one haha

Petunia

Ok, just because you seem a nice guy, I will release the patent, still a PIA from time wise but as easy as pie to totally strip the threads out. I tend to rotate the handle back an forth slightly you then get a feel for when the nut tightens in the hole, one to three turns, then bang, :cool:

1-P1070502 - Copy.JPG
1-P1070501 - Copy.JPG