mods for 04 challenger in perth

funkenfresh

hay all, want to do some mods to the challenger soon..
thinking about a suspension lift 40mm, bullbar/nudge bar, and some sort of roof storage for
2x 25lt jerrys ,shovel and some tracks mabbe..

just needa know.. what are the roof rails rated at on the 04 challengers LS? got rola on atm..
but only rate to 50kg. can i up this?

how much would i be looking at for aluminium bars in perth, and where the best place?

what if a good mid range suspension setup to give me 40mm lift for under $1000

Yogi

Hi

You can up increase the load rating by fitting a Rhino Racks track system, as for the suspension I don't know about sub $1k, I have OME fitted to ours and find it great, but I think you'll be looking above $1k.

Mike

mitschal02

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Am just doing a bit of research into lifting the Challengers at the moment.

Ours is a 2002 model and from what im reading, standard patrol rear springs will fit and lift it about 40mm then its just after market shocks front and rear and wind the front torsion bars up :D

I think :confused:
Maybe some one else can confirm this????

Am just doing a bit of research into lifting the Challengers at the moment.

Ours is a 2002 model and from what im reading, standard patrol rear springs will fit and lift it about 40mm then its just after market shocks front and rear and wind the front torsion bars up :D

I think :confused:
Maybe some one else can confirm this????

Apparently springs from the GQ or GU fit and give a lift of somewhere between 40 and 50mm depending on who you ask, I seem to remember reading a while back. They are also a bit stiffer so the ride without a load in the back might be harsher than usual.

There are new Ironman 40mm lift springs on eBay for $185 the pair delivered so I'd be looking at them over used springs from a Patrol or anything else. Ultima shocks are going for about $144 for fronts and $170 for rear...crank up the torsion bars and you've got a reasonable lift using new components for under $500...don't forget the wheel alignment.

Taf

hello all

Hi All,

I have an auto 2002 challenger. Had a two inch lift done by having old man emu shocks replace the old ones. Also had a bull bar fitted but unfortunately it is alloy rather than steel. Just couldnt find a steel one anywhere at the time. Given how thirsty she is i suppose the lighter bar could be a good thing as i am already using 16l/100km on my daily run to work. (would so love to be able to put a diesel in there). Have added two lightforce spotties and a set of bridgestone duellers on steel wheels. Aso had a dual position cargo barrier and a uhf with interchangeble aerials (one for round town and one for trips)

Have been looking at increasing the load capacity and the only option out there at the moment appears to be the rhino track system. this will increase the load carrying ability of the roof greatly ( if i remember rightly it will alow me to carry 100kg).

I am struggling to find anyone that will fit a snorkel for me, seems no one is willing to adapt a snorkle that is designed for something else. Also looking at getting a dual battery system fitted but have been told that this cant be done under the hood and will need to be placed in back of the car....not something i want to do, as i dont want to lose valuable space. further down the wish list is a larger tank, a rear wheel/ jerry can holder.

While there are a number of problems that will need to be overcome in setting up a challenger to do exactly what i want, i love this car and am looking forward to taking it out there and showing that you dont need a toyota or nissan to vist the less inhabited parts of the country.

Taf

Attachments

• 05072011130.jpg
    05072011130.jpg
    1,022 KB · Views: 372
  • 05072011126.jpg
    05072011126.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 378
Last edited:

mitschal02

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Good looking rig TAF
You can use the Safari Snorkel part No SS650HF its for a Triton but fits the challenger exactly the same or Airflow make one to fit also but i used the Safari one have heard of few stories that the Airflow doesn't fit as well
Safari Snorkel System for the Mitsubishi Triton
Airflow Snorkel Kit Mitsubishi Challenger - S68 | eBay

Piranha off road make a battery tray to fit the Challengers for the engine bay you just have to relocate the charcoal canister and cruise control I THINK???
Challenger Battery Tray BTMCH03 - Battery Trays

Formula Offroad in sydney make a steel winch compatible bullbar for the Challenger
Steel Bullbars - Formula Offroad - Steel Bullbars - Sydney

Some pics of the Safari Snorkel :)

IMAG0394.jpg

IMAG0398.jpg

alteredIMAG0408.jpg

Dunc

Hey guys/girls, I am new on here and been looking on threads for info on tyre size. Without hijacking this thread, can anyone confirm on a 2005 Mitsubishi challenger can you fit 265/75/16 tyres? I have a mild 20mm lift (workout to be 40mm from original sag with Dobinson springs) on my challenger and currently have 265/70/16 tyres (larger OD than 255/70 standard) - however want to know if 265/75/16 with slightly later OD will be ok without any 'touch conditions'....

blackout

I had 0 offset aftermarket rims and no lift at the time and had no problems. Stock rims (correct if wrong) are +44 = inboard. But with your lift and the massive front end flex we all have :D I can't see it being a problem for you.

Dunc

Lol front end flex.
Good to hear you could fit it without any issues. I am still weighing up m/T vs A/T's...