Change background image

mobile phone ring time

Discussion in 'The Pool Room' started by ULost2, Feb 5, 2016.

1. ULost2

ULost2 Well-Known Member

I have been frustrated that I could not charge the time period my dumb phone would ring for before diverting; a few seconds was damn dumb imo. Two or three rings wasn't even enough time to get it out of my pocket [​IMG]

This fixed it; sent to me by my daughter

Press **61*101**[15, 20, 25 or 30]#.

2. Press the call/send button.

For example, to make the phone ring for 20 seconds, type **61*101**20#. 30 Seconds? **61*101**30#. Easy!

To reset your phone to its original call settings, enter **004*101#.

So why couldn't that be installed on the phone?

Bomber2012, Traveller and Bendman like this.
  2. Les PK Ranger

Les PK Ranger 4x4 Earth Contributer

Good one !
    Is that for all providers do you think ?

I'm with Telstra and think they deliberately set it to short ring time so they get more charges with voicemail.

I had to phone Telstra and get the ring tone set to 30 secs, the longest ring time they have.

underdog likes this.
  3. billolga

billolga 4x4 Earth Contributer

It's **101* for Telstra & **321* for Optus.
    http://www.optus.com.au/business/su...ne?requestType=NormalRequest&id=1424&typeId=5

ULost2 and tankbloke like this.
  4. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

Good to know - wanted to change mine for a while now

5. ULost2

ULost2 Well-Known Member

cheers; I'm with telstra; unfortunately they are a bit of a must out of the main centres
    Yep; set mine for 30 sec which is only just enough imo

Bomber2012 likes this.
  6. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem , phone would ring and divert to message bank before I could get it out of my pocket !! I ditched message bank and it now rings for about a minute or so . Message bank is a pita if you use your phone for work , with unlimited call deals , text and e mail ...........message bank is irrelevant , if I miss a call I'm notified and call them back.

7. ULost2

ULost2 Well-Known Member

I believe a lot are cancelling their message bank now; they are rather time consuming . My dear mother cannot phone and not leave a damn message and she questions why I didn't leave a message on her phone lol.

underdog likes this.
  8. Les PK Ranger

Les PK Ranger 4x4 Earth Contributer

Cancelled message bank on the Telstra service as soon as I got my new phone and plan, still only a max 30 second ring time though, but 30 secs is a lot when you are phoning someone.
    Receiving though, by the time you hear it, put down any tools, make sure situ safe to take call, get it out of your pocket, it isn't long then !!

Yes, with missed call / voice to text available, message bank is really not that necessary now.

Bomber2012 and ULost2 like this.
  9. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

I'm with Telstra so mine must ring for 30 secs , I've never timed it but 30 secs is a lot .

Albynsw likes this.