Mitsubishi customer service is amazing.

Triton14

I think any brand of vehicle can produce a lemon or have a variety of problems which doesn't mean the whole company sux as your suggesting.

I have not had an issue with my dealer after a few minor recall items needed attending to & once during warranty & in between services my MN was blowing a heap of black smoke, I called & they told me to bring it in the next morning & I picked it up a few hours later & expected to get a bill but it was all FOC under warranty.

Great service if you ask me!

Of course each individual dealership is different & this particular one doesn't seem to cooperative or something happened that made them uncooperative & act in the way they did, we don't know as we are only getting one side of the story here!!

Anyway as mentioned Mitsubishi have been nothing but helpful in all of my dealings with them.

I hope your issue get sorted & if this dealer is negligent then hope you throw the book at them!

discomatt

Wasn't / isn't Mitsubishi a sponsor here? I would send them a polite PM with one of the videos , preferably driving in the rain with the issue, stating the issue and the response from the dealer.
And always remember you catch more flies with honey than vinegar

callmejoe

Just my opinion.

But I feel you now need to slow down, relax, and try to think a little more positive about the situation. Your approach (good or bad ) is NOT getting you the results you want and need..
Your taking a bull by the horns. And that bulls bigger, stronger much more capable ($$ wise) for just tossing you away...
As it sits right now, you need to move forward..
Mist's have asked for your 4wd. Its a start. (Yes again)
They could give you some info on '"what they'll do". But also giving you a "proposal for the 2nd step" wont happen. They aren't going to dig a even bigger hole for themselves before sorting step 1..
They are taking " Reasonable effort" (something that'll come up if it goes to court) to look at your 4wd...

I sort of think that your now making the situation harder to deal with, an more complicated then you need to.

Im sure the insurance can wait, so just work on getting the 4wd to them.. Right or wrong the only person who will lose is you.

If it was me if change my approach and
1. I'd be asking for a loan car. Untill a solution is made.
2. Forget about demanding anything (cause as it sit that's not working well)

Trust me I have been here before but with a truck in excess of $340,000. Topped off
, no truck absolutely no income..

I truely hope you get it sorted is a horrible spot to be in..

Joe

callmejoe

Sorry, not trying to say your being unreasonable and my point about "will you let them have your vehicle" came from your early post. Well how i understood it anyway

"I want clarity in writing as to what to expect and then they can have it, they've offered dates next week but it may actually be booked in for repairs then also. ( Cut short )" END

I'm just talking from experience and thats where opinion comes from. Because as you mentioned "your the only 1 to loss from this shit storm"
When legal aids or ACCC become involved in the automotive world i have not seen many true winners.
The Issue's may get fixed but all the heart ack travelling backwards to the dealer, legal people all adds up.. So do you need to keep losing more. ?
Was just trying to add maybe a different approach that by chance could be easier..
Joe

Bomber2012

I can't help but think theres more to this........VCAT , ACCC , losing days off work , stress , putting blokes up against the wall , mechanics in boxing stance . Its a problem with windscreen wipers ffs , I'd prefer to pay the repairs myself than go through all this bulls#it............
Surely it can't be that expensive or hard to fix ???

Bomber2012

For me , lifes to short to be getting into fights with mechanics , personally i'd get it fixed and get back to a happy life .
Write it off like a bad debt , your missing out on work and getting to where we want to be.....in the bush .

phs

For me , lifes to short to be getting into fights with mechanics , personally i'd get it fixed and get back to a happy life .
Write it off like a bad debt , your missing out on work and getting to where we want to be.....in the bush .

Your right and I agree you would rather just get it fixed pay for it and move on

But this only leads to it happening over and over with other people as they know people will just give in

Our Automotive industrie is a joke, they do as they please at our cost

Even finding a good mechanic these days is not easy........

typhoeus

I realise warranty issues have to be addressed in the best way forward, and can be a PITA , and sometimes its a matter of principle to hold a manufacturer responsible and make them fulfil their duty so other people don't have to suffer the same thing, and so they learn they cant take the money and then walk over people. Having said that, after the warranty period, there are lots jobs an amateur can tackle, If a mechanic is going to cost you $500, and you can buy the parts for $200, then you can have 2 goes at it for the price of the mechanic. So, evaluate your skill level, look at the job, and have a go yourself. each one has a different skill level, and we can call on friends to help too, so I would encourage anyone to have a crack at the simpler jobs, Sure, there are some to leave to experts, but you can save a lot if you do it yourself . I haven't taken my car to a mechanic in the 12 years I've had it ( barring the yearly inspection to get a RWC, and fitting an injected LPG gas system to it, and even then I refitted it after, to a higher standard than they did) and as of today its done more that 460K .

typhoeus

Is that even legal :confused:
Would have thought that would need to be certified to at least pass rego!
The full quote is " I haven't taken my car to a mechanic in the 12 years I've had it ( barring the yearly inspection to get a RWC, and fitting an injected LPG gas system to it,. . " so it was fitted by a registered LPG gas fitter, but they did such a shit job of routing the wiring and other parts,, I redid it. And yes, it gets checked at rego time

Spooner

Unknown-7.jpeg