Change background image

Mitsubishi customer service is amazing.

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by CaptainBanana, Oct 7, 2018.

1. CaptainBanana

CaptainBanana Well-Known Member

Deleting this sucker as having the constant reminder and questioning of the authenticity of my claim even in light of all the supporting evidence is causing more stress than shaming those clowns is worth.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  2. typhoeus

typhoeus Well-Known Member

3. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

Good luck with it, can't understand why it has to be so hard.
    I made a decision years ago, that none of my money would go the that
    company ever again if I could help it. After the purchase of a large split
    system aircon that was nothing but trouble from day one till the end of the
    warranty period 5 years later, when it was immediately replaced with a
    Panasonic that's been faultless.

4. typhoeus

an intermittent fault does not necessarily make it unroadworthy. you weren't to know that it would fail this time, and you can demonstrate that you tried to get it fixed, several times under warranty, so you should make a claim. they can take it up with Mitsubishi on your behalf.

LCV8VICTORIA and discomatt like this.
  5. typhoeus

All the best with it, If you still hate it when its fixed, sell it.

LCV8VICTORIA likes this.
  6. sharkcaver

sharkcaver Well-Known Member

You may have seen, I'm going through warranty crap with my paj atm too. Never have I had to work so hard to get them to admit they have a duty to a consumer to comply with. just getting to talk to someone about it is nigh on impossible. I hope other manufacturers show some better customer service than mits.

7. phs

phs Well-Known Member

Don't be shy post company names

8. phs

phs Well-Known Member

It was a good idea taking it to VCAT, they are getting a lot of car related cases as we are so soft in Australia and dealers will try nearly anything on

it will be interesting to see if Mistu decided to settle with you prior

Goodluck

9. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

Don't be shy post company names. Mitsubishi :D

phs likes this.
  10. boobook

boobook Well-Known Member

Good Luck.

Next time you go, park in the driveway and agree to move when Mitsubishi confirm that they will fix it. I can't see how they could ignore that problem.

11. hiluxdriver

hiluxdriver Well-Known Member

I've had problems with Mits as well. ACCC are useless as they only act as a mediator and can force nothing. Small claims court is the way to go but you have to be able to PROVE beyond reasonable doubt Mits are at fault.

12. Muddled

Muddled Member

Sounds like pretty poor dealers, less mitsi, I’ve gotten a feeling the MQ’s QA is definitely of the old ‘it’s a Friday job.’ Mines been solid as a rock, have heard of lots of niggles on triton groups though.

Most issues I’ve heard of this type are with the up spec models.

13. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of your issues. Its is not how warranty should be handled.
    Couple of things. Mitsubishi do not own any dealerships to my knowledge. All dealerships are independent franchises. Have you been to any other delerships? I guess you have already escalated your issues to Mitsubishi Australia’s head office? If not, do this immediately. Make sure all contact is in writing.
    A lot of your videos show you testing your wipers on a dry windscreen. This is not good practice. I never use my wipers on a dry screen but a you seem to do it often. A dry screen will put excess load on the windscreen motor which is something it is not designed to do. IMHO you appear to have two issues. A stuffed motor controller and a stuffed motor.
    Grabbing someone and “putting them into the wall” is not how to handle this, no matter how frustrating it all is.
    Good luck. Hopefully VCAT can resolve this to your satisfaction.
    Tink

Chatty likes this.
  14. phs

phs Well-Known Member

Get the hose with a shower attachment
    Set it up in the driveway and get some good footage of simulated rain conditions

If your going to VCAT The more proof the better, Failing that get a friend to record while you drive in the rain, or a go pro ect.

Once you have good footage, post it to mitsubishi with the VCAT booking, if your video shows they not road worthy

they may settle prior

callmejoe likes this.
  15. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

Mitsubishi do not own any dealerships to my knowledge. All dealerships are independent franchises. Have you been to any other dealerships? I guess you have already escalated your issues to Mitsubishi Australia’s head office? If not, do this immediately. Make sure all contact is in writing.
    Not sure you read my previous post as you didn’t reply. Have you been to another dealer? Have you been in contact with Mitsubishi Australia?
    Tink

dno67 likes this.
  16. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

Cant understand why they wouldn't fix a simple issue like this , there must be more to it .?
    Good luck with VCAT hopefully they can sort it .

dno67 likes this.
  17. Zamunda

Zamunda Well-Known Member

I have none genuine wiper blades in my 2008 Pathfinder. Never ever had a problem. That's a lame excuse it appears.

18. discomatt

discomatt Well-Known Member

That sux mate, hope you get a good outcome

dno67 likes this.
  19. discomatt

discomatt Well-Known Member

Why not I seem to have less issues than most with the worst unreliable 4wd ever made:)

dno67 likes this.
  20. typhoeus

Yep, van for work means all expenses are tax deductible. . . . company vehicle after all, and then buy a toy you like for play!