Change background image

Mitsi Trition Huntaway

Discussion in 'General 4x4 Discussion' started by red hilux, Aug 12, 2018.

1. red hilux

red hilux Well-Known Member

DC332E50-04A3-466C-84B2-F415F18E0DC2.jpeg D7163A32-7C55-41EA-91CF-4D4C648F3EBC.jpeg E633BF56-00F8-456F-8895-A87205FF12AA.jpeg 4E0E47E3-D136-4886-AA3B-700058F5BDAE.jpeg BBB297A5-1619-44EA-A244-923B86C5A735.jpeg A8C835FE-0CB2-47F9-87EE-5119EEAAB955.jpeg 631BC8AF-7E3D-491C-B44F-DEF9339E907F.jpeg Mitsi New Zealand have made a limited release. Mitsi Trition Huntaway.

They are a factory wide Trition. 33” wheels, lifted, mcc bar.

smitty_r51 likes this.
  2. typhoeus

typhoeus Well-Known Member

wonder if they fixed the chassis problem?

3. CaptainBanana

CaptainBanana Active Member

Do you mean it's the job of mitsubishis engineers to stop people massively overloading and modifying their cars and then driving them inappropriately?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    Mr Rum likes this.
  4. typhoeus

typhoeus Well-Known Member

Well, yes. . . they did it for people who cant figure out that they shouldn't run over pedestrians, and invented autonomous braking, and they invented lane change warning for people who cant look over their shoulders or use a mirror, Shit, they invented brake lights for people who couldn't work out that the car in front was slowing down. So I reckon they should over engineer problem areas in the chassis' too . . for those people you mentioned. . . and in a while they will take over the job of driving entirely, . . take bad drivers out of the equation all together. . . then when there are no accidents, they can under engineer everything because there will be no need for crumple zones, or brake pedals , headlights etc.
    Seriously, that wont happen for some time I would suppose, but it would be in Mitsubishi's best interests to get rid of the bad rep caused by the chassis issue by fitting a gusset in the appropriate area and fix it. It would be a cheap fix for the car and their reputation I would think

5. CaptainBanana

Adding gussets to a design not made for them is simply moving the failure point to the next weakest component. I'd rather cars bend and the owners learn an expensive lesson than be given a false sense of security allowing them to overload their cars ridiculously and drive them dangerously at the risk of other road users.

6. red hilux

red hilux Well-Known Member

Father in law in kiwi land worked for a pure mitsi dealer ship a few years back, currently works at a dealership that has a variety of brands incorporated in close vicinity to each other. Over there, as far as he knows, no broken backs. He didn’t even know of the problem until I mentioned it

Mr Rum likes this.
  7. CaptainBanana

My uncle traded his 11 year old triton for a new hilux sr5 in 2016 without a single fault or failure over 250k of its life, I always laugh at these unfounded claims which seem to be due to owner error not design shortfall.

On a side not the hilux was sold after just 1 year.

8. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

Those flares look like they came off the batmobile