Mitisubishi Pajero 1993

PAJ

Yep it does, no worries

You going to weld or rivet the plate into the bottom of the quarter ?

I was planning on using silicone...to hold a piece of the quater that has been cut off and cut down to size :eek: Dodgy engineering at its best

Bainsy

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks Bainsy, I'm just learning to weld and I got the old bar for nothing so I thought I'd give it a burn. It's not the best but I'll just take my time and plod along. All I've done is bits of welding so no more real progress yet. Also I think Big Matt is going to come up at some stage when I cut my rear quaters, you should pop around then and we'll have some beers :D

Sounds good! Let me know when u plan on doing it and if im not choppin up my bravo ill pop in for sure. Welding it would look neat but depends on the finish your after. Kenworths cabs are rivet together and hold together good, as for the rest of the truck is a diffrent story!

i reckon you chop quarters now and then do the rear bar after to suit.

PAJ

don't add to the bloody thing!!! you should be cutting more off!

I'm not adding to it man, I'm just reusing the parts that are cut off to cover the hole left between the panels, I'll put pictures up tomorrow and explain it to you :p

Thanks Matt and Bainsy, I'll let you know what I decide to do.

PAJ

Well with all the rain, I got bored so....

P2060557.jpg

P2060562.jpg

P2060558.jpg

P2060559.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

andyjim243

You cut all that awful Mitsy crap off, to gain clearance, then you add heaps of metal and weight and bugger up your clearance again with a big steel anchor. You should have grown a pair and chopped up around those holes then maybe add a little tube.
it looks good but I thought you were after clearance (departure angle)?

The butchered metal cutting effort is true to form Ryan, I'm proud of you. You can join Drunken Engineering, I hear they are looking for someone that actually does any work.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

PAJ

You cut all that awful Mitsy crap off, to gain clearance, then you add heaps of metal and weight and bugger up your clearance again with a big steel anchor. You should have grown a pair and chopped up around those holes then maybe add a little tube.
it looks good but I thought you were after clearance (departure angle)?:

you know what thought did... It didn't, I'll get you a pic of the original bar. I have gained departure angle, If I want anymore I need to cut the chassie back and re weld mounting pates, even then I only gain about an inch or two. Not worth the effort plus I'm not that good a fabricator/welder and the bar cannot be much higher due to the fact that I still want to be able to open the rear door. I want the steel anchor there for protection and to get the rear wheel off the door. PLUS I've never really had any problems with clearence in the rear and the anchor was laying around. I'm not in the position to buy tube so I'm using what I have and it turns out however it does....

Don't make me drink multiple blue cans in front of you while your at TT WORKING!! :D

The butchered metal cutting effort is true to form Ryan, I'm proud of you. You can join Drunken Engineering, I hear they are looking for someone that actually does any work.:rolleyes:

I thought you'd like that, I'm going to use cable ties to hold the covering plate to it. Do you think that will work?? :rolleyes:

joshy

Email me some more pics of the tubes going around the quarters, ill see if i can work out a better way, cos atm you may aswell have left your quarters there. If you have to keep them where they are height wise i would pull them in closer to the body.

I also found a problem with your opening post

Mitisubishi Pajero, 1993

Bad Points

Now i can think of a wholeee list of things to fill that section up for you if youd like me to recall them?:D

And i will build you an exo..but really theres no need, this thing hasnt moved since i was down there, the most damage thats going to happen is you falling into it when your pissed and trying to find sheri's handbag so you can get your ...s back.:D:D:D

andyjim243

Email me some more pics of the tubes going around the quarters, ill see if i can work out a better way, cos atm you may aswell have left your quarters there. If you have to keep them where they are height wise i would pull them in closer to the body.

Now i can think of a wholeee list of things to fill that section up for you if youd like me to recall them?:D

And i will build you an exo..but really theres no need, this thing hasnt moved since i was down there, the most damage thats going to happen is you falling into it when your pissed and trying to find sheri's handbag so you can get your ...s back.:D:D:D

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........priceless stuff Joshy

see Ryan, it's not just me....

PAJ

I'll pay that one, but you know at TT Sheri's going to kick your ass boy..:D

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA..........priceless stuff Joshy

see Ryan, it's not just me....

Yeah it's you and Joshy, I know whats coming considering I filled his thread on 4wd action with crap and hung sh!t on him constantly. I wouldn't expect anything less from you boys, otherwise I'd be worried :D

Thanks for picking up the slack while i didnt know about this thread :D

I think Andy did a good job without you, now off to hack into you on Outers :D:D:D

andyjim243

I think Andy did a good job without you, now off to hack into you on Outers :D:D:D[/QUOTE]

bloody web wheeler........

joshy

pajgirl said:
I think Andy did a good job without you, now off to hack into you on Outers :D:D:D

Andyjim said:
bloody web wheeler........

He cant even do that right. I think he got lost on his way to outers cos im still waiting for him to try and give me shit :D

joshy

Did u fold the lip up like i told you to tec screw them? or was there something there already

PAJ

Yeah I folded the lip up, in true me form it wasn't all even but thats what silicone is for hey :D