Mini Middle Earth 2013 Bylong 4x4 Park

robwebbie

Many thanks to Darren and Lisa for the organisation of this greet and meet, many thanks to all those who attended to make it such a great weekend, had lots of fun and look forward to attending more events and meeting more great people. Cheers.

Jeep_jk112

looking good in that panorama rob :rolleyes: that was his reaction when i suggested he share some cup holders with gavo sorry bud i tried lol

prawns

yeah this ones a awesome shot mate :)

19881d1370938695-mini-middle-earth-2013-bylong-4x4-park-surf-3.jpg

I wondered how long it would take somebody to notice rob :D

prawns

:D :D That cant be Gavos truck - that beer aint been cracked :D

Its gotta be worth another 5grand now surely - Reckon he owes you a slab of beer for all that hard work on the installation mate

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
Haha classic stuff, thanks for idea rob, think I'll head down to maccas now and fix myself up one of those holders!

robwebbie

Lol, was a random find this arvo looking thru some pics online.

One for the Non-Believers lol

Attachments

• IMG_8365-2a.JPG
    IMG_8365-2a.JPG
    525.3 KB · Views: 117

Toddyh

Thought I'd share some of the video and photos from the weekend. First one is just a sort of 'tour' of the park from the entry gate to the bottom camp.

[YOUTUBE]wCv2ge52uas[/YOUTUBE]

Saturday we went for a little bit of an explore around the park. Found some tracks through the paddocks around the creek. Including one rocky little decent

[YOUTUBE]yDN0fcVscp8[/YOUTUBE]

Then found a little creek crossing with a slippery climb out. I think this was the same one in the video of Harley slipping around a bit.
[YOUTUBE]PgWL77i_ElA[/YOUTUBE]

On sunday we went exploring and ventured up the Lees Pinch lookout in Goulburn National Park.

Then we went down to Ferntree Gully back towards Rylstone. This place is basically a rainforest in the middle of country NSW. Pretty amazing. Even saw a lyre bird.

And of course it goes without saying the camp fire at night time

My dog decided a sleep on my chair nice and close to the fire would be a good idea. Then I think it was Maureen (correct me if I'm wrong) that decided he needed a beanie. Heres the result

I've got a few more photos and videos to come and will post in the next couple of days.

Thanks again to Darren and Lisa for organising and for everyone who attended making it a great weekend away.

marlin105

Was going to upload some footage but I let the smoke out of my laptop ( it died ). Not to worry footage will be coming.l
Cheers to Darren and Lisa for organizing the event and thank you to everybody who gave me advice whilst wheeling.

Cheers Harley

prawns

Then found a little creek crossing with a slippery climb out. I think this was the same one in the video of Harley slipping around a bit......

Yep mate looks like the same slippy hill to me as well after checking some of my vids. Great clips mate :)

Thanks for your patience and advice Harley mate - Both you and Jason were awesome for teaching me the ropes and great advice :)
(I would of "pussed out" on those wombat holes without you guys there!)

Last edited:

Vegetoast

How did I miss this? must have my head my arse! spewin:mad: Look at all the fun I missed :(

Oh well atleast all you guys enjoyed it:cool:

billolga

How did I miss this? must have my head my arse! spewin:mad: Look at all the fun I missed :(

Oh well at least all you guys enjoyed it:cool:

I HAVE A COMPLAINT! If you had been there Jon we could have had some FANTASTIC video footage from your Quad mate. :cool:;) (BTW keep up the good work)

Vegetoast

Worst part Bill is I was at Rylston, Not far away. Thought someone would have yanked my chain. Next one, Have to keep myself up to date more.

Toddyh

Thought I would share another couple of videos. These were of the same rocky descent and creek crossing but shot from outside the car. There is a steep gully just before the rocky descent and obviously it was steep enough to grab the rear bumper. Oh well tucked it back in. Nothing a plastic welder won't sort out.

[YOUTUBE]ganWrm8Jxtc[/YOUTUBE]

You can see about 3/4 the way up this slippery bit I ran out of traction. Just kept the wheels spinning and eventually the braked limited slip diff kicked in and gave me a little bit of extra traction.
[YOUTUBE]-rroBBArChk[/YOUTUBE]

prawns

Done well there at the end mate - Took us a few goes to get up that in Harleys 'cruiser because of how slippery it was, looks deceivingly easy but shes damn slippery getting out of the creek in your 2nd clip

Been waiting for that clip - cheers for posting them now Im nicking them hahahhahah :D (gotta love "videodownload helper" plugin for firefox :) - just click on it, and its mine lols)