Middle Earth

Patriot

Administrator
Hey guys,

Dropped the Maverick off today at Michael's in Somerville for the pre trip inspection and getting a roof rack put on. It is going to be great fun. How is everyone's else pre trip planning going?

James

Grey Ghost

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Yeah we plan to be up there....um the rest, well I'll make it up as I go along.
Also got a new set of rims and tyres for the grey one last week so I guess I have organized something...

ChallengeLee

I'm not starting to panic yet, the lists are getting ticked slowly but surely.

The man/child now has a winter wardrobe....he's not gonna know whats hit him, he was born in Townsville...he has no idea of what real cold is.
I'm doing fine, l'm gonna look mighty glamorous in my thermals and gumboots :p
The cars got new bits added and is being serviced top to toe again next weekend and the camping equipment is getting checked and sorted for whats needed.
Menu's done and the shopping list done...will be last minute for that.
Excitement is building everyday if not for the trip but the fact that l don't have to work for 2 weeks....WOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!

WILDTI

4x4 Earth Contributer
Croozer & I are organized the best we can be, god only knows were all the camp gear is after the big move!! We booked the dogs into boarding school today & they get picked up on the 1st till the 10th. The patrol goes in for for a check up next Monday, so I think we are under control & be ready to leave Wednesday the 1st.

Grey Ghost

Apparently I need to un-bend a bash plate before it does some damage under the ute but apart from that the grey one is serviced and rearing to go and the camper is getting some final small things done to it by me (with the dog desperately trying to undo everything I fix) before we load up and head off on the 29th for a nice leisurely wander up the coast.
Also can't wait for 2 WEEKS OFF WORK AS WELL :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Patriot

Administrator
After much discussion, Tina has booked us in for a cabin. Will has a cough and the weather is going to be a little nippy, so rather than take the chance that the thermals will do the trick we are going to stay in a cabin up there. There are good facilities up there, showers and toilets, so Tina is a lot happier now :)

James

Offrdn60

After much discussion, Tina has booked us in for a cabin. Will has a cough and the weather is going to be a little nippy, so rather than take the chance that the thermals will do the trick we are going to stay in a cabin up there. There are good facilities up there, showers and toilets, so Tina is a lot happier now :)

James

A Happy Wife is a Happy Life :)

knot_gillty

I suppose i could start trying to organise a few things. Might have to book the Cruiser in for a service before hand, just be sure. I might start packing the night before we leave, it's the usaul practice. That way i'm sure to forget something!!:rolleyes:

bertie

I'm the same. There is less shame in forgetting something if you pack the night before then if you pack a week in advance and still forget something ;)

Grey Ghost

So James if the weathers a bit crappy how many people will the cabin actually hold??

theogs

we have a cabin too,,thought be bit warmer for the kids,,looking forward to it,,,should be a good weekend,,knowing us we will pack just before we go,,me and the wife will take up one bag between us and the kids will fill the rest of the pajero with everything else,,

Grey Ghost

Just make sure you clarify the fact that the cabin is a LOOOOOOOONG way away from the main camp so you don't get too overrun(see posts above) :D