Mid Week Squirt Anyone??

shinysideUP

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Giving myself some well earned time off. Thinking of Wednesday or Thursday (weather permitting). Somewhere close by, Bunyip, Neerim, Noojee areas. Just going to explore what tracks are open. Anyone interested, let me know.
Cheers Andrew

GXL4x4

Mate i was up in Bunyip yesturday and it was shit everywhere we went the gates were closed iv never seen so many gates. We really just did 1 track we manage to find.

Cheers

Chris

pommyphil

Giving myself some well earned time off. Thinking of Wednesday or Thursday (weather permitting). Somewhere close by, Bunyip, Neerim, Noojee areas. Just going to explore what tracks are open. Anyone interested, let me know.
Cheers Andrew

Just what I am looking for is mid week runs

But no go for this week as my work roster starts this wednesday

Will be up for it as work permits

Phil

shinysideUP

Mate i was up in Bunyip yesturday and it was shit everywhere we went the gates were closed iv never seen so many gates. We really just did 1 track we manage to find.

Cheers

Chris

Know what you mean Chris about Bunyip. I checked out the DSE web site. It's covered in red lines (closed tracks). Going to head over Noojee way and have a look.

Chriso100

Hi Andrew,
I'm new to this forum and are finding heaps of info! Just saw your topic and not able to make it this time. But, as I am a bit of a newbie, I need some help in the beginnings of being a 4wder.... I have a 100 series Landcruiser petrol/LPG, ARB Sahara bar, and no name winch. I have recovery gear etc,and have done some 4wding in the past. I would love to gain some experience, and really I'm wondering if this would be ok next time? I want to gain some experience so that I can start to take my family away into those places you just can't get to in a Commodore. I live on the Mornington peninsula, so Noojee, high country areas would ok for me, maybe an overnighter?
Hope this wasn't too forward, but have heard some great reports about 4wd Earth, so here goes!
Cheers Chris.

shinysideUP

Hi Chris, Welcome to the forum. Nothing wrong with what you asked. It's the best place to ask questions and gain experience on trips. There's often Newbie trips being organised. This mid week trip of mine may be a once off as my work is building up again. Keep an eye out on the trip section.

shinysideUP

Well, had a great day out by myself Today. Headed for Noojee to explore some tracks. Found some good tracks. Definitly a place to revisit and explore some more. Ended up North/North West of Noojee area. Very wet and slippery in places. Being by myself, I didn't want to tackle anything to bad. Came to a stop on a couple of tracks. My tyres are shagged so had 'F' all grip. Had a look at LV2 but was closed (although the Orange Mesh was pulled aside) Tried LV3 but came to a halt on a washout hump, just couldn't get over it and started sliding backwards (PUCKER!!!). Found a great secluded camp spot also. Not many photos but here they are.