micky thompson mtz VS bfg muddies

BGH

i use 35 MTZ Baja's and think there great. good in mud and excellent in rock climbing.

pretty quiet on the road as well.

BGH

WILDTI

4x4 Earth Contributer
I have had both, the MTZ's are on ATM but they have chopped out too easily, I have had heaps on fun with them but at 75,000kms on them I'm now in the position of researching for new ones. Have you looked at Pro Comp tyres? from the stories I have heard they are great & I will be going with the Muddies this time round.

Big Rig

4x4 Earth Contributer
I'm on mt second set of MTZ's. First ones did 70 000k and still meat left on them. They are sweet in the mud and awsome rock climbing. I have had BFG muddies before and for me they didn't wear well at all. They are also a lot noiser on the blacktop.

Elbie84

Ive also had them both and the MTZ are a much better tyre in the mud and alot quiter on the road. BFG's were very loud on road. Not sure about the new tread pattern in the BFG's have not heard much.

M

Mr Bishi

The lastest edition has a big tyre comparison pretty interesting results.

sidewaysvc

yeah i have read the latest 4x4 action and the results are kind of missleading not saying there wrong or anything of such it does show where each tyre out does another tyre but you could have the best tyre in the world for mud and sand and rock or whatever you throw at it but it might last ten minutes. The thing i want to know is kms out of one obviously there not going to test that so thats why i ask people who have been there done that and in my opinion i chose between these two i have mickey thompson baja atz on at the moment and so far they fair well have a few chips in them but most were there when i bought the car but they have got me through sand and rock quiet well but im looking for a bit more aggresive tyre so im left with these two...

8UFF35T

yeah i have read the latest 4x4 action and the results are kind of missleading not saying there wrong or anything of such it does show where each tyre out does another tyre but you could have the best tyre in the world for mud and sand and rock or whatever you throw at it but it might last ten minutes. The thing i want to know is kms out of one obviously there not going to test that so thats why i ask people who have been there done that and in my opinion i chose between these two i have mickey thompson baja atz on at the moment and so far they fair well have a few chips in them but most were there when i bought the car but they have got me through sand and rock quiet well but im looking for a bit more aggresive tyre so im left with these two...

Dude, a bit of advice when it comes to forums, if you type correctly most people are going to take your posts a little more seriously, and you'll get some decent input into your question.

You seem like you are fairly new to the 4wd theme, so if you are going to ask lots of questions it'll pay to spend the extra 2 minutes to construct a sentence properly and spell it all correctly.

You will only get good milage out of any tyre if you drive well, I don't know how to explain anymore clearer than that I'm sorry. The MTZ's lasted me 3years, about 95,000km. BFG tyres are good tyres, but abit pricey.

If you really want to know what tyre you want, brain storm where your going to go on your 4wd, what mods, and what sort of terrain that you'll be going through, and if you will drive your 4wd more for a daily use or a weekender.

Then search on google, if you are really not sure in something please ask us members.

Thank's

sidewaysvc

Dude, a bit of advice when it comes to forums, if you type correctly most people are going to take your posts a little more seriously, and you'll get some decent input into your question.

Not sure what i have typed incorrectly. But yes i am new to the forum thing and the 4x4 scene.

All i was aiming at was getting peoples point of view i have done google searches also, but i find with people who have been there had that product they say what they really think about the product but yes everyone goes different places drives more aggressive than others too.

Traveller

Reckon he was taking the piss at your lack of grammer and puncuation there mate!
Spreading the sentences does make it a bit easier to read for some of old buggers, but shouldn't
make much difference to the quality of reply you get.
Personally I'd probably go BFG, but only on a gut feeling, no science involved. Both tyres seem to get
good wraps, with maybe the Bf better in mud and Micky better on road. Good luck either way mate!

Jok