Melted fuse

Chilling

New Member
Can anyone tell me what this fuse is for ? It's totally melted . Thanks
 

Attachments

  • 20210917_070346.jpg
    20210917_070346.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 83

Triton14

Well-Known Member
Have a look at the top of your fuse box or your owners manual.

If its been added after factory then it could be for anything...................follow the trail!
 

Chilling

New Member
No way of telling from the photo. As Triton said check your owners manual or follow the wiring. What is and isn't working? If you don't have a manual and can't work out what its for, it probably means a trip to an auto electrician
No way of telling from the photo. As Triton said check your owners manual or follow the wiring. What is and isn't working? If you don't have a manual and can't work out what its for, it probably means a trip to an auto electrician.
 

Attachments

  • 20210917_155932.jpg
    20210917_155932.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29

Rusty Panels

Well-Known Member
The photo still doesn't tell much of a story. The diagrams on the cover there are the layout of what is under that black cover. There will be clips to remove that and you use the top as a road map of your relays and fuses. The one you have issues with is not marked on that lid. Have a look at your owners manual if you have it otherwise see if you can follow where the wire goes to. Fuses generally blow for a reason a common cause is usually something shorting to earth eg; wire rubbing on bodywork.
 

Colly18

Well-Known Member
Hard to tell from the pic what is going on, as the pic is coming up very poor quality on my screen. It almost looks like where a relay connection would be rather than a fuse? Surely there's a Triton owner out there who could clarify?
 

Rusty Panels

Well-Known Member
I must add that your electrics really need a good tidy up. Seeing how you want to get the vehicle up to scratch for some trips I would start by renovating the battery connections and other dodgy looking wiring that is seen in your photos. It looks like much of it has been done in a rush. I'd be checking the rest of the add on accessory wiring too. It will save you a lot of headaches in the future.
How is the rest of the vehicle?
 

Hoyks

Well-Known Member
No idea what it was for, but if the fuse has melted, then it hasn't done its job. It should blow long before it melts.
 

Chilling

New Member
The photo still doesn't tell much of a story. The diagrams on the cover there are the layout of what is under that black cover. There will be clips to remove that and you use the top as a road map of your relays and fuses. The one you have issues with is not marked on that lid. Have a look at your owners manual if you have it otherwise see if you can follow where the wire goes to. Fuses generally blow for a reason a common cause is usually something shorting to earth eg; wire rubbing on bodywork.

I must add that your electrics really need a good tidy up. Seeing how you want to get the vehicle up to scratch for some trips I would start by renovating the battery connections and other dodgy looking wiring that is seen in your photos. It looks like much of it has been done in a rush. I'd be checking the rest of the add on accessory wiring too. It will save you a lot of headaches in the future.
How is the rest of the vehicle?

I must add that your electrics really need a good tidy up. Seeing how you want to get the vehicle up to scratch for some trips I would start by renovating the battery connections and other dodgy looking wiring that is seen in your photos. It looks like much of it has been done in a rush. I'd be checking the rest of the add on accessory wiring too. It will save you a lot of headaches in the future.
How is the rest of the vehicle?
I have it booked for a full check over by a auto electrician who will give me the bad news on what needs to be done then I will go from there. thanks for the great advice
 

Lost1?

Well-Known Member
You need to trace that back to what is drawing current through that cable before you are stopped beside road with a plume of smoke coming out from the bonnet.
 

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
It is probably suffering from corrosion on the terminals creating a high resistance joint which in turn creates heat, not overloaded hence why the fuse hasn't blown, but any connection that has some form of corrosion, dirt, sand, water ingress will fester into a problem - that's why I avoid driving through mud & water
 
Top