Melbourne cup - long weekend camping

davidsmile

Hey guys,

Would love to go out during melbourne cup long weekend. any ideas? If we could get a group of 5 - 10 cars out for camping in Victoia just to explore and camp that would be great.

Anyone is interested?

David;)

BEK

4x4 Earth Contributer
In order to get a better response on areas to go to what side of town do you want to go to. How far out is 2hrs too long etc

What facilities do you want ? Bush no facilities or something like Otooles with drop dunnies

Do you have all 4wd rigs or do some need 2wd access

A bit more information will get you better replies

davidsmile

In order to get a better response on areas to go to what side of town do you want to go to. How far out is 2hrs too long etc

What facilities do you want ? Bush no facilities or something like Otooles with drop dunnies

Do you have all 4wd rigs or do some need 2wd access

A bit more information will get you better replies

Hey thanks, maybe I am not so clear myself as the idea was open for any discussion. Dont really have place to go and if anyone is going somewhere I would love to come.

And 4wd as we are in a 4wd forum :rolleyes:

I've noticed you lived in Mulgrave I am not so far away. Wheelers Hill:D

Last edited:

madkiwi

hey there yeah i could be keen as work commitments are preventing us from a week away at o'tooles however i would love to be there anyway keep us posted on the plans or ideas you come up with, cheers.

Last edited:

BEK

4x4 Earth Contributer
hey david and welcome to the forum

i am off for a watersking weekend on the murray over cup weekend so no show for the beks

why don't you put up a proposed trip on the forum see who else is interested.

i see madkiwi is up for a run.

places i would think of close to town would be big river about 2 hours from melb via warburton or marysville and then located off the woods point road to big river road. then head towards frenchmens creek camp ground drop dunnies and free it has a little creek for water for washing dishes and yourselves but take drinking water.

otherwise head up to otooles area and have a look around

the problem is everyman and their dog are up there as the tracks are opened that weekend

good luck and keep an eye out for someone else posting a trip.

plenty of day trips usually go up closer to the date

good luck bek

Nickj

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Hey David

Stick around for the weekend after Cup weekend and check the thread here on O'Tooles outing.
It will be awesome and something for everyone.

Nick