Meaning Behind Your Username

maddon

My greatest passion is sailing and I use to race an Olympic Tornado catamaran. Our race team was called 'Alive' and this is where Tornado ALIVE came from. Since then, each class of boat I have raced have been called 'Alive'.

LogoALIVE02.jpg

TornadoAlive05.jpg

ALIVESurfsmall.jpg
brings back memories - nothing harder than when ya buggered trying to upright a 16 foot cat that you just end for ended when you had one hull up by yourself

Tornado ALIVE

brings back memories - nothing harder than when ya buggered trying to upright a 16 foot cat that you just end for ended when you had one hull up by yourself

Not long after this pic we swam and my crew was separated from the boat...... It was so windy (over 30 knots) I righted this 20 footer solo with no righting rope needed :D

Grippy

I started using mine on an MR2 forum and Toymods, MR2's being grippy little things :D I had an AW11 for many years, a few motors, gearboxes, superchargers, turbos and many other parts, then I realised I wanted a car I could run over things in and actually fit more than myself and a backpack
Now same name on here and Ausjeepoffroad.

Spooner

HJ61 Sahara with 12HT auto goodness... She's inherited just about everything off the white one except the bar and winch - poor old thing was a shadow of her former self when she went :(
Great vehicles them , Years ago , around 1990 or so , we where at the old Grant mine near Dargo , in summer and the track gave way/ slipped and my mates one rolled over 2 or 3 times , ended up back on it wheels , apart from the roof was AOK and a easy fix.

Spooner

I am Joe Fury, at times I do get pissed off with most of what is being done in and to the Pilbara ~ I often think there should be more 'FURY' in people who say they love Australia, outback adventure, peace, solitude and freedom yet they don't seem to give a stink about what's happening to ~ Australia, outback adventure, peace, solitude and freedom ............... Go figure?
Safe travels : Joe Fury
i think we should be worried about what is happening to Australia in general.
My Cousin is a lucerne farmer in Denham NSW .Upper Hunter Valley The mines are forcing farmers to sell out of prime faming land.
You can't see the damage from the ground , as they dress up the hillsides to make them look green and pretty for people driving along the road.
He's got a neat light plane , and I went up with him in Feb this year on my holidays for a look.
Is mind blowing as to what you see from the air , but not from the road. Pits up to 10 kms long and F nose how deep.
Mines.jpg

Joe Fury

i think we should be worried about what is happening to Australia in general.
My Cousin is a lucerne farmer in Denham NSW .Upper Hunter Valley The mines are forcing farmers to sell out of prime faming land.
You can't see the damage from the ground , as they dress up the hillsides to make them look green and pretty for people driving along the road.
He's got a neat light plane , and I went up with him in Feb this year on my holidays for a look.
Is mind blowing as to what you see from the air , but not from the road. Pits up to 10 kms long and F nose how deep.
View attachment 39400
G'day "Spooner"
It's a treacherous path to take when one points an accusing finger at the resource sector, who may or may not be doing the wrong thing when it comes to winning a resource, but it is mind numbing to know that it's all sanctioned by Federal, State and Local Governments and their agencies.
I'm not sure if the 4X4earth forum is the correct venue to open a discussion on mining as seen from outside the industry, but it would be very interesting.

maddon

G'day "Spooner"
It's a treacherous path to take when one points an accusing finger at the resource sector, who may or may not be doing the wrong thing when it comes to winning a resource, but it is mind numbing to know that it's all sanctioned by Federal, State and Local Governments and their agencies.
I'm not sure if the 4X4earth forum is the correct venue to open a discussion on mining as seen from outside the industry, but it would be very interesting.
start a new thread if you like

itlldoo

with any public resource the full contracts and full plans with proposed extentions should be made public, not made by someone that lives miles away and in secret ! that way we all know the extent of the proposed earth scar and have no hidden bits. cause their excuse is the COUNTRY needs it, so if the country needs it and we are from the country we have a right to have our say and to be heard. contracts should not be secret when dealing with a public resource !!