• New Server!

Update: 9:50AM Thursday - the server move has been completed and we're up and running on our new faster infrastructure. Have a look around and let us know if you encounter any issues.

The 4x4 Earth Team

Me and mate looking for a 4WD club in S.A to join.

shane 45

there are a number of clubs on face book all here is sa there is adelaide all 4x4, fulltime 4wd, and parks 4wd club just to name a few for you mate.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
There's a pretty active local Earth group, often organising trips out.
New members are welcome to come along, ask things, look / learn, have some fun both on the tracks and at camp.
We just got back from Willangi weekend.
Just take a look at the Trip SA section.

preems

Hi Les,

The Earth group, do they have monthly meet ups or anything? Wouldn't mind sussing it out.

Chris.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hi Les,

The Earth group, do they have monthly meet ups or anything? Wouldn't mind sussing it out.

Chris.
G'day Chris, normally there's a trip each month, sometimes 2.
Mostly they're weekenders, but the occasional day trip to Goolwa or other such place happens.
Keep an eye out on the Trips SA section.

There's one spot left on the upcoming Border Track drive, a day run mostly, but doing a little night drive Sat to meet the others coming down later.

Have a read of some of the SA Trip Reports too for an idea of what we've done in the past .

Last edited:

LowLux

What are you looking for in a club tuffcolorado? Some people like the social atmosphere a monthly club meeting brings but other don't want the politics, some like the training offered but you can get informal advice/direction from expereinced people on trips that 4X4 Earth members organise, you pay fees to be in a club but you don't here.
Need to address what your wanting from a club mate.

I think 4X4 Earth is just like a club without the expectations, politics or fees and plenty of fun.

80lover96gxl

Agree totally with lowlux, done the club thing for 5 yrs and in the end the politics and clicky little groups that form really started to shat me.

Earth is one of the best groups of friendly 4wders you'll find and the trips we do are always fun and to some great destinations.

You'll meet like minded folk all with 1 thing in common, a love of hitting the tracks and our 4b's. Do yourself a favor and join in on one of our trips and you'll soon realise just how great this forum group really is.

Chard

4x4 Earth Contributer
What are you looking for in a club tuffcolorado? Some people like the social atmosphere a monthly club meeting brings but other don't want the politics, some like the training offered but you can get informal advice/direction from expereinced people on trips that 4X4 Earth members organise, you pay fees to be in a club but you don't here.
Need to address what your wanting from a club mate.

I think 4X4 Earth is just like a club without the expectations, politics or fees and plenty of fun.
I am thinking of doing an informal training day soon. It will be the same as a normal training day minus the tyre change, theory, $500 price tag but also unfortunately the qualification. It will be just a basic and brief insight into safety, recoveries, techniques and etiquette.

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Never belonged to a "Club" but started off going with a group led by a true country bloke, listened and learn't most things from them and a bit from the University of HK.

Have travelled 10's of thousands of kilometres to some very remote places and never had a situation that concerned us.

Biggest thing I've learn't is that if your not confident of doing something, go around it, don't kill your car in the process.

Get onboard a trip here, you will learn a lot of what to do and sometimes what not to do and why.

cheers

LowLux

I am thinking of doing an informal training day soon. It will be the same as a normal training day minus the tyre change, theory, $500 price tag but also unfortunately the qualification. It will be just a basic and brief insight into safety, recoveries, techniques and etiquette.
I think that'd be a good idea if you did that Chard. It would be a great introduction for newbies and less experienced people.

A bit of practical after or during your session would prove a valuable experience.

Happy to help out if needed.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Pro'ly more a case of what they are 'washed down' with, and more precisely, how much of this 'washing down' liquid is ingested :D

80lover96gxl

Brian, will these snags make people sick the next morning?
Nope not these one's mate
, plus we'll be having them for lunch mate.

Not sure what I ate last time that set me off

Pro'ly more a case of what they are 'washed down' with, and more precisely, how much of this 'washing down' liquid is ingested :D
Yes this may have been the problem mate, although it may have been a combination of different verities of "washing down liquid" combined with somthing I ate that made me sick the following morning.

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Nope not these one's mate
, plus we'll be having them for lunch mate.

Not sure what I ate last time that set me off

Yes this may have been the problem mate, although it may have been a combination of different verities of "washing down liquid" combined with somthing I ate that made me sick the following morning.
I reckon it was just your delicate digestive system :eek:

cheers