Mazda Tribute, 2003

Good Points
Plenty of Power
Good Build Quality
Its better than the commodore wagon we we're gonna Buy

Bad Points
Thirsty little thing

What mods have you done?
none, it came with a cargo barrier and tow bar if that counts!

What mods are on the list to do?
Might need some decent tyres

Why did you buy this vehicle?
was basically a replacement to the wife's commodore, but now that we've got it we go out exploring now and again. good little car for touring around.

How often do you go offroad?
now and again, infrequently, but growing...

What will your next vehicle be?
probably a Pajero

beerandkebabs

Nah' no worthy photo's yet, I'll have to wait till I get it nice and dirty again (just cleaned it, looks like a shopping trolley) haha

Poolman84

Mum and Dad have a Tribute, good power they tow 22ft caravan everywhere, thay dont get it dirty though, like to hear how it performs off road! keep us posted.

monk2

A Tribute to the Tribute and to the owners sounds like it will soon be going even more places

We have the Tribute's not so distant cousin.. a 2001 Ford Escape.

I have to agree with you on them being thirsty little buggers..still, they do go like cut cats. :)

Our's has done a couple of weeks touring Tassie, with plenty of beach work and easy to medium off roading. Also did a run through the Otways a couple of weeks ago during a fairly wet weekend and without heading into the hardcore stuff managed to go about it's business without any fuss.

We're off to the Grampians in a few weeks time and I'm sure the car will do the job on the dirt without any trouble.

Our's has an ARB nudge bar, TJM side steps and Ironman driving lights plus a set of Maxxis Bravo 761 A/T tyres and I'm pretty happy with this setup. I'll probably throw a set of Ironman springs under it (30cm lift) in the near future but that's about as far as I'll go with it considering its limitations.

Grey Ghost

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Ha ha ha
"how often do you go off-road?"
Sorry it's like a drug, bad news is you've been bitten, now you're hooked so sit back and enjoy the ride.
Welcome aboard, enjoy and let the rest of us know how good it was!

beerandkebabs

We have the Tribute's not so distant cousin.. a 2001 Ford Escape.

I have to agree with you on them being thirsty little buggers..still, they do go like cut cats. :)

Our's has done a couple of weeks touring Tassie, with plenty of beach work and easy to medium off roading. Also did a run through the Otways a couple of weeks ago during a fairly wet weekend and without heading into the hardcore stuff managed to go about it's business without any fuss.

We're off to the Grampians in a few weeks time and I'm sure the car will do the job on the dirt without any trouble.

Our's has an ARB nudge bar, TJM side steps and Ironman driving lights plus a set of Maxxis Bravo 761 A/T tyres and I'm pretty happy with this setup. I'll probably throw a set of Ironman springs under it (30cm lift) in the near future but that's about as far as I'll go with it considering its limitations.

How was it on the beach? Did you get stuck very often? I'd love to take ours out on the beach. I've sure your not allowed to in vic.

Steve

beerandkebabs

Ha ha ha
"how often do you go off-road?"
Sorry it's like a drug, bad news is you've been bitten, now you're hooked so sit back and enjoy the ride.
Welcome aboard, enjoy and let the rest of us know how good it was!

Your Right Grey Ghost it gets you hooked allright

Steve

How was it on the beach? Did you get stuck very often? I'd love to take ours out on the beach. I've sure your not allowed to in vic.

Steve

I've found it's reasonably capable in the sand. Just a matter of following the usual rules. I drop the pressures down to about 15psi most times and that usually does the trick. I haven't managed to get stuck in it yet...touch wood.. That being said I don't take any unnecessary risks and as I said..stick to the usual rules for driving on beaches.

As far as beach driving in Vic... nope.. pretty sure its illegal here.

frosty

4x4 Earth Contributer
Has anybody used a tribute to tow a camper trailer on the beach? A mate has one and wants to come to Fraser next year. Just wondering if it will do it??

dagsy

Tribute

I've got a 2003 tribute and have taken it on the beach several times up at teewah(qld) and absolutely loved it.

Didn't get it stuck once and passed plenty of bigger 4wd's on the fresh water track that were getting stuck just after it had been raining.

Excellent car if you're looking for a family car to use day to day and take off road every now and then!!