May have found who make kings hardshells

Albynsw

Nice find
Could be but hard to tell, they all tell you they are the manufacturer of X product but often are on sellers with contacts.

Regardless, at the price they are selling for it would be still better to buy from Kings when you add freight, GST and no warranty

Last edited:
Nice fibd
Could be but hard to tell, they all tell you they are the manufacturer of X product but often are on sellers with contacts.

Regardless, at the price they are selling for it would be still better to buy from Kings when you add freight, GST and no warranty

Yeah absolutely. Just an interesting thing to look at. They have one that I actually like the look of, might take a risk and order one depending on the price they come back with. I realise there will be no warranty etc. But an electric opening hard shell with storage provision on top is very tempting. Even if I order it and the gradually rebuild the weak points...

Will have a think about it.

I heard that the Kings ones have a massive backlog on orders. People who ordered almost immediately after they were released still haven't got them. Yet Kings were advertising about a fresh shipment arriving. Wonder if they're compiling a set number of orders, then ordering them with the manufacturer?

WildNB

I heard that the Kings ones have a massive backlog on orders. People who ordered almost immediately after they were released still haven't got them. Yet Kings were advertising about a fresh shipment arriving. Wonder if they're compiling a set number of orders, then ordering them with the manufacturer?
Manufacturing would take at least a month, shipping would take at least a month, so count with three months from them placing their order after the initial run to receiving the next batch.

Albynsw

I would expect someone like Kings would have a pretty good idea of the sort of numbers they will sell a year and have negotiated a deal based on that turnover.
They will most likely just continue to drip feed the stock onto the market as it arrives

Manufacturing would take at least a month, shipping would take at least a month, so count with three months from them placing their order after the initial run to receiving the next batch.
So they released a product without having a single unit in stock or at least ordered with the manufacturer?

Albynsw

So they released a product without having a single unit in stock or at least ordered with the manufacturer?
Where are you getting that from ?
They released a product available for preorder with a delivery date in November
No different to what they do with new releases cars

barnsey062

The kings ones have been having problems cracking around the corners although they do replace them under warranty, have seen quite a few people having problems with them now, there's a guy on youtube who did a review on his not so long ago & was going to do an update in six months but has already put another video up showing that his cracked around the edges too, he just got another one under warranty.

Last edited: