Maxxis Bighorn Any Good ???

inkpig70

G'day every one im after some info from people that have had MAXXIS BIGHORN just interested in performance off road are they value for money looking at putting a set on a 60 series 33''

cruiserlad

4x4 Earth Contributer
hey inkpig uncle adzy has a set on and went every place the rest of us did at lcmp and he has open diffs no lsd in the rear of his troopy he seems pretty damn happy with them they look the goods with side luggs and are a hell of a lot cheaper then other muddies thats for sure

Pure Yobbo

Wait for Remus to come back online - he currently runs two sets I think. I don't think he has had a prob.

I think someone was telling me you have to rotate every 5k or the get real noisy

We will probably run these on our second set of wheels as out wheeling tyres, so I will be keeping a close eye on this thread.

Cheers

cptmud

we have been running a set on the going 4wd mazda and found them to be a reliable and very good tyre both off and on road

kingofsideways

i have just put a set of my pajero only 32" tho kicking my self i didnt get the 33". great tire i think they look really good not very noisy and handle great on the road, they love the mud dig straight in and get you straight out then within one minute of being back on road the tires are clean as surprises the heck outta me..

26527_2n9b1o6.jpg

there mine tell me wat you think

cheers Longy

well all sounds good now its decission time do i just replace the 2 BFG muddies i damaged (wheels only 3 months old) or do i go a full set of bighorns which if i damage in future will be cheaper to replace... Inkpig what am i going to do lol

inkpig70

Thanx every one that’s a great help this will help BWG to make up her mind as last time we went out she killed 2 new BFG MUDS $$$$$$ :mad:Bloody redneck:eek: :cool:

Grey Ghost

4x4 Earth Contributer
I was at a customers place the other day, he had a set of 31's on his hilux and I could hear him coming down the street from 3-4 blocks away, and they only had about 20k on them and still looking very chunky too!!

remus

As said above I have two sets and find they are good for what you pay for them.
Bad points: get noisy if not rotated regularly, the rubber seems soft (but could be just the way I drive them), I have got about 30,000 out of the 31's and still over half tread left but some have not had as good a run (hoping for similar out of the 33's)
Good point: Cheap, great on rock, dirt and pretty good in mud and great on road, and all round reliable.
So yep I am very happy with them.

Thanks all for your advice i have now got Maxxis Bighorns on my B!tch and sunday will be the day that i give them a good test ... Between the 3 trucks we have BFG Muddies Silverstone Extrems and now the BIghorns so will be a good test to see how they all perform

cruiserlad

4x4 Earth Contributer
Thanks all for your advice i have now got Maxxis Bighorns on my B!tch and sunday will be the day that i give them a good test ... Between the 3 trucks we have BFG Muddies Silverstone Extrems and now the BIghorns so will be a good test to see how they all perform

so mrs grunt are ya happy with them or not a bit of feed back would be good i sure your happy but we need to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak:D:D:D

so mrs grunt are ya happy with them or not a bit of feed back would be good i sure your happy but we need to hear it from the horses mouth so to speak:D:D:D

So far so good they are fairing as good as the BFG'S but i have not done the mud i did in the bfgs yet due to it being summer so bring on winter and ill let you know more lol

wallan_jeff

hi all i run 33 bighorns just for play on me 91 patrol had no probs yet speared one still aint gone flat yet noticed they dont chip as much on rocky ground as some found good value for money

Towie

Yep i got only 265,s as next avail 315 up here in fnq.. tyres been great but have sliced the 2 fronts on the side wall.
No probs but only done 5ooo on em.... work great so far in all conditions and much cheapper than my previous coopers

wallywombat

Can anyone tell me of a dealer that sells maxxis (Bighorn) tryes around Melbourne??

Wallan-Jeff and I got ours from Bob Jane in Epping. They ordered them in for us at $230 a tyre fitted we brought 8, hope that helps.... Cheers

Towie

Well my 265's have lots of side wall cuts/splits on them now.....
No eggs comming out so Bobjanes said you can have as many cuts as you can fit on there as long as no eggs or protrusions come out from the tyre..

Heaps of grip and have been doing some extreme stuff including rock climbs so no grip issues do have lockers front n rear so the tyres do not get spun up on the rocks..
Therefore i am alittle concirned over the splits...
But hey for the price they are gold gold gold...