Maxtrax indeflate

Aza013

Gday everyone
Just checking to see if anyone has tested these maxtrax indeflate units at all?
97E1F0FA-D10D-441C-98AE-D155390C3148.jpeg
I have seen them used by a number of YouTube ppl, but we all know they get kickbacks to talk things up.
So if anyone has real world feed back on them that would be great.
big thanks in advance.

Aza013

More importantly, how much stuff do you want to really carry. It all starts adding up quick.
Yep 100% agree with you there. And also at around $200 I’m thinking just stick with the $30 fast deflater
I made one of those about 10 years ago and thought it was my idea. Never saw them commercially availabl.
Easy to make up your own with a bit of hose and a Y piece
Now I’m not surprised that you would make something like that, Thinking outside the box = win.

CTL

There is another version with an air tank

Chatty

Looks like another (expensive) solution to a problem that no one knew existed.
I can't see the point myself - I think the possible time saving isn't that great, and the time off between tyres gives my compressor time to cool anyway.

And I'm not a fan of the clip on valve connectors - in my experience they fall off unless you physically hold them on all the time.

I reckon it would cost me well under $100 to make one from parts.

Aza013

Looks like another (expensive) solution to a problem that no one knew existed.
I can't see the point myself - I think the possible time saving isn't that great, and the time off between tyres gives my compressor time to cool anyway.

And I'm not a fan of the clip on valve connectors - in my experience they fall off unless you physically hold them on all the time.

I reckon it would cost me well under $100 to make one from parts.
Looking and thinking about the product I agree.
Over priced for what it really dose.
when I first seen it it looked great, equalised 2 tires at a time inflate and deflate.
but after going away from it and then looking at it again ( also all the replies, big thanks ) it’s just not that good, it’s a rich mans toy lol

John U

We all know running tyres at the right pressure for the conditions makes a huge and positive difference. When someone cracks the nut of adjusting tyre pressure from the drivers seat, at a reasonable price, they will have a golden ticket.
This ‘invention’ is a slight improvement on current methods.

smitty_r51

We all know running tyres at the right pressure for the conditions makes a huge and positive difference. When someone cracks the nut of adjusting tyre pressure from the drivers seat, at a reasonable price, they will have a golden ticket.
This ‘invention’ is a slight improvement on current methods.
Thought unimog and some of the gwagens already did this.

Mates has the I deflate, by the time he has got it out, attached it, and inflated his 4 tyres with an arb dual compressor.

I am 3 tyres done and onto the fourth with my little tjm unit. So by the time he has packed up and got the octopus back in the bag I am usually finishing up to.

Both running 32s muddies, me on a 16 him on a 17.

So they work but it is no quicker really.

red hilux

Thought unimog and some of the gwagens already did this.

Mates has the I deflate, by the time he has got it out, attached it, and inflated his 4 tyres with an arb dual compressor.

I am 3 tyres done and onto the fourth with my little tjm unit. So by the time he has packed up and got the octopus back in the bag I am usually finishing up to.

Both running 32s muddies, me on a 16 him on a 17.

So they work but it is no quicker
The one thing that is guaranteed is the tyres are equal pressures.

linuxfan66

i was doing a tagalong with ronny dahl. he had one and loved it because it made deflating with trailer so much more convenient

cam04

I've had a set of these from the very early days of their inception

Staun Deflators

cheers
Me too, scored them with a 4wd Monthly magazine subscription bonus some time last century along with a mean green snatch strap back when they gave away good stuff.
I have just last week reset mine from 18 to 21 PSI (21 is the new 18 in LT's). Still deadly accurate, tiny, quick and simple.

discomatt

I also use the staun deflators, never really bothered with setting them all to a perfect setting because the pressure I want is often different so I just screw them on, wonder around for a moment contemplating the day ahead, unscrew them all and adjust the last bit with a pressure gauge to exactly what I want.
I have never understood the obsession with what is quicker, how much of a hurry are people in?
At the start of the day if it takes 2 minutes 5 minutes or 10 minutes to deflate your tires while thinking abut the tracks you are about to drive or chewing the fat with a mate who cares, same at the end of the day.
Slow down and smell the roses

sharkcaver

I have enough trouble with my single inflator hose. Imagine trying to deal with the indeflate octopus :eek:

Below is going to sound a bit Cadoganish (without the mingmols): beer garden physics -

Any compressor will have a rate of flow, and that rate will decrease as the pressure rises and the compressor works harder.
At a given pressure, Flow = volume (litres) over time (minutes). Double the volume and the time will double.

You can not pump 2 tyres linked together to the same pressure any faster than doing them singularly. One has to increase the flow - and that requires a different compressor.

So the advantage of the indeflate is only having identical pressures in both tyres. I suggest if you cant get two tyres within a couple of pound of pressure, you probably have bigger issues, the first one being a lighter wallet.

Albynsw

I had my compressor and hoses permanently plumbed in with a Nitto fitting on each side of the vehicle at the headboard. I then just carried two short air hoses that were less than 2m long. So all I did was plug in the rears and activate my compressor to required pressure and then did the same for the fronts
Very easy and works well but I can’t be bothered doing it in my new ute, I have learnt to slowdown so couldn’t care less about the time it takes.

smitty_r51

So the advantage of the indeflate is only having identical pressures in both tyres. I suggest if you cant get two tyres within a couple of pound of pressure, you probably have bigger issues, the first one being a lighter wallet.

I wonder how close it can get them given a tyre is going to have more or less volume dependant on where it is parked on the road (camber), how much weight is in the vehicle and where that is balanced. what pressures they were before. we have all aired back up, driven back to town, checked at the town servo and found the tyres are all different PSI again.

Albynsw

I wonder how close it can get them given a tyre is going to have more or less volume dependant on where it is parked on the road (camber), how much weight is in the vehicle and where that is balanced. what pressures they were before. we have all aired back up, driven back to town, checked at the town servo and found the tyres are all different PSI again.

If you air up one at a time and then go back to your first tyre the pressure will often be different to what you just set it at due to the temperature equalisation

John U

Indeflate doesn’t require the valve cores to be removed. Would slow down the deflation but a bit less fiddling.

red hilux

For those with a fixed compressor. Just install a small air tank somewhere. You can charge it before you need it. Will speed up your process