maverick leaking fuel tank

mud mav

hi everyone
went and did ellis track out at yarra junction and damaged my fuel tank, it is leaking from front weld. this tank is the one under middle of car as i have gas tank in rear. I was wandering if this can be repaired or should i find a good second hand tank. if it can be repaired who should i take it to, I live in Berwick, melbourne.
any help would be great
thanks Peter:cool:

billolga

hi everyone
went and did ellis track out at yarra junction and damaged my fuel tank, it is leaking from front weld. this tank is the one under middle of car as i have gas tank in rear. I was wandering if this can be repaired or should i find a good second hand tank. if it can be repaired who should i take it to, I live in Berwick, melbourne.
any help would be great
thanks Peter:cool:

If you have mates or good contacts in the 4WD business that install LONG RANGE TANKS, Drop a HINT as they THROW OUT standard tanks all the time ;) - It's easy to install a fuel tank.

croozza

ok i'm confused here, you say it is a tank in the middle of the vehicle, and if it is a GQ patrol, they didn't come standard like that, so it would be an aftermarket tank then, so putting in a std GQ tank may not be appropriate, so your cheapest option is to repair it.
If this is wrong can you please clarify what type of tank you are talking about.

mud mav

yes it is a aftermarket tank, they are very common on gq's that are dual fuel,the original tank get taken outof rear to make way for the gas tank and a aftermarket tank gets fitted under the car, drivers side.
cheers Peter

croozza

yes it is a aftermarket tank, they are very common on gq's that are dual fuel,the original tank get taken outof rear to make way for the gas tank and a aftermarket tank gets fitted under the car, drivers side.
cheers Peter

I would get the tank repaired, as that would be your cheapest option.
if that is not possible, then you may need to try and get a new tank from the same manufacturer, or get a custom one made up, I doubt that there would be too many of those tanks second hand.

Ln65er

Try and find an old radiator repair shop they have the knowlege to repair tanks as in the old days without blowing themselves up, Its hard to find someone to repair them these days and do a good job.

bmurray2250

4x4 Earth Contributer
I had my boat fuel tank repaired but a TIG welder. You need to remove and drain the fuel and give it a good wash out before they would repair it.