Maserati stuck and bumper ripped off on Stockton's

cam04

These tow points have been around in European cars for many years. They're only meant for flatbed tow trucks to winch them onto the deck. That's providing that they are able to roll freely. If it's a wrecked car they chain and skull drag them from whatever they can hook onto.

Rightly or wrongly you'll see Subaru owners abusing those screw in eyes on any given weekend. Smittybilt and others even sell oversized ones to add bigger shackles - it is all they have for the front (and rear if they don't have a towbar). I have seen some eye watering loads applied to them. Never seen one break, but you know it's dodgy when you squint just before the weight comes on.... I would have checked the quattrapole's boot for one for sure - if nothing else it may have made the moron Navara driver think about it embedded in his skull before flooring it.

Warby

When I had a Subaru XV I got myself bogged on a beach once (at the waterline, with an incoming tide) and had to get myself pulled out using that screw-in hook on the front of the car... I was s**ting myself, but the guy in the landcruiser that gave me a tug didn't seem in the least bit bothered.

That was the first and last time that car ever left the bitumen hah.

Swaggie

The 4wdriver would have done the exact same thing had it been a bogged 4wd and that’s the reason i don’t snatch, you can’t control them...

cam04

When I had a Subaru XV I got myself bogged on a beach once (at the waterline, with an incoming tide) and had to get myself pulled out using that screw-in hook on the front of the car... I was s**ting myself, but the guy in the landcruiser that gave me a tug didn't seem in the least bit bothered.

That was the first and last time that car ever left the bitumen hah.
I'll be nicking the wife's Forester to go up the beach at least once, just to say it has been done. I'll be taking a mate with a real fourby also. It will be sneakily going up a tyre size or two when it is due for new shoes - just because I can't help myself. I see Kings do a lifted spring set for them ...... If I was left unsupervised things would change rapidly haha.

Warby

I'll be nicking the wife's Forester to go up the beach at least once, just to say it has been done. I'll be taking a mate with a real fourby also. It will be sneakily going up a tyre size or two when it is due for new shoes - just because I can't help myself. I see Kings do a lifted spring set for them ...... If I was left unsupervised things would change rapidly haha.

The foresters are a great little softroader / light 4wd.. Heaps of examples of people taking them in places they probably shouldnt haha. My little XV on it's stock road tyres wasn't such a clever choice to take on a soft beach :p

Chatty

Who tries to snatch someone out by attaching the strap to a plastic bumper?
I initially thought the fella in the Ute was going to keep driving. Off home with his Maserati souvenir.
Because he obviously had problems trying to find the recovery points on the Maserati...

Triton14

Who tries to snatch someone out by attaching the strap to a plastic bumper?
I initially thought the fella in the Ute was going to keep driving. Off home with his Maserati souvenir.

Yeh, makes you wonder about the 4x4 drivers experience :rolleyes:

Wouldnt be suprised it the MZRTY owner hits him up for the damages :)

Would have been entertaining to see the MZRTY jumping the dunes like those guys months ago :D

Komang

Rich and stupid are good combo like the add for the lotto :D
Why not buy a tank so you can go to any place with comfidance :rolleyes: