Maserati stuck and bumper ripped off on Stockton's

Patriot

Administrator

Ian Boicos posted this on Facebook today. It shows a Maserati Ghibli stuck in the sand at Stockton's Beach and a recovery that doesn't go to well.

A few people have been having a bit of a laugh about this, but it is a tragedy for the owner and also, only a couple of weeks ago a 15-year-old girl was killed in a vehicle recovery gone wrong.

1602059343180.png

1602059352839.png

1602059371441.png

Stockton's Beach is a great place to go 4 wheel driving, but probably a good idea to be well prepared with the right vehicle. Having said that, he isn't badly bogged, maybe letting the tyres down would have made the difference.

Last edited:

CTL

What was the vehicle roaring past in the opposite direction? A BMW?

The Hilux driver was a twit.

Batts88

The local shire should put up a large billboard at the beach entrance with a picture of the Maserati, a caption
"THIS COULD BE YOU 4WD'S ONLY ON BEACH"

Last edited:

Hoyks

It pretty much already has been.

I pulled out a couple of Merc AWD's right about there a few years back. Up from Sydney with a shiny new toy and no idea. They were both bogged to the sills and tied together with some telstra rope that was pulled guitar string tight.... 45psi in the tyres.

Choook

This even made the news here in Brisbane. If I were the ute driver I would be concerned that the Maserati insurance company may come looking for him/her. Was reported as a write off on the tele.

Batts88

It's hilarious till the place gets locked up due to all the cretins out there.
They're been slowly reducing the amount of beach to drive on and shutting access tracks for yrs to congest traffic to a couple of tracks which is ridiculous so I wouldn't doubt the long term goal in to eventually close it for future preservation.

Batts88

This even made the news here in Brisbane. If I were the ute driver I would be concerned that the Maserati insurance company may come looking for him/her. Was reported as a write off on the tele.
He did take off a bit fast but still shouldn't be charged for track clearing :)

I hope the Maserati driver gets fined there are usually signs around like 4wd access only.

G_ute

How the hell can that amount of damage be deemed a write-off?
What about the 90% of car behind the front of the engine bay?
Truly pathetic if it is, on so many levels.

Rusty Panels

If it made the Television News then it was 99% BS and 1% rumour!
The Maserati driver obviously has no brains and heaps of money. Let's hope the insurance company denies any claims from the clown.
I have zero sympathy for blatant stupidity.

billolga

If it made the Television News then it was 99% BS and 1% rumour!
The Maserati driver obviously has no brains and heaps of money. Let's hope the insurance company denies any claims from the clown.
I have zero sympathy for blatant stupidity.
You have to see the Video - The masi didn't go far but the Bumper got way out of the bog.
When that didn't work they should have tried a Snatch from the back. :cool: ;)

Hoyks

Who tries to snatch someone out by attaching the strap to a plastic bumper?
The wife and daughters cars (Holden and Hyundai) have a plastic cap in the bumper and a metal D that threads in there for flat towing. It goes into metal structure behind the bumper, but no way I'd be snatching off it.
Even winching I'd do with caution.

One of these jiggers:

Rusty Panels

The wife and daughters cars (Holden and Hyundai) have a plastic cap in the bumper and a metal D that threads in there for flat towing. It goes into metal structure behind the bumper, but no way I'd be snatching off it.
Even winching I'd do with caution.

One of these jiggers:
These tow points have been around in European cars for many years. They're only meant for flatbed tow trucks to winch them onto the deck. That's providing that they are able to roll freely. If it's a wrecked car they chain and skull drag them from whatever they can hook onto.