Mansfield police again.

Triton14

????

Legal limits are limits aren't they??

And people know these limits & ignore them right??

Apart from the height I see the tyres are way over the legal width.

Some people just like to be cop magnets!

Make sure your vehicle meets your states requirements & then no issues.

If you dont like the states requirements then take it to your local member.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
So what damage or injuries has the bloke done ?
Oh yeah! Easier to lay in wait than chase up wild and dangerous drivers I see on the road every bloody day
Yep! The P.c. brigade, armchair experts (on here), at it again.

• Haha
Reactions: CTL

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Let me elaborate.
Up Mansfield there are hundreds if not thousands heading up into 4wd.
Easy for the cops with their u beaut off road bikes??? to nab them in town when parked up.
Now let's go deeper into this.
When I was up there I witnessed lots of feral activity in the camps along Eildon .
I took photos and reported shooting ducks with bow an arrow, drunks leaving cans and rubbish in the lake where they sat for a weekend totally pissed. Hooning with motor bikes doing wheel stands amongst women and kids. I even chased a divy van who cruised through one night and yelling and flashing my spotlight it did not stop but rushed through.
Ferrals even taped off one camp so they could have their own drunken weekend.
I offered my photos and myself to Parks and police as a witness to all this crap.
And guess what?
Nothing was ever done .
To hard. Easier to catch young P Platers who pull up in town.
This has gone on every Easter and Christmas for years and they use it as an example not to mess with cops???
And Yeah, years ago the Chief Commissioner was a friend of mine
So don't start the cop hater story to me.

Last edited:

peterfermtech

"Police from the State Highway Patrol Solo Unit’s utilising state of the art All Terrain motorcycles intercepted a Nissan Patrol 4WD in High Street Mansfield."

Love government media departments. Wonder how long it took to come up with that one.

Corndoggy

And all of that has what to do with a vehicle that does not comply with the regulations that are there, making it suitable to be driven on public roads. Driving around with a modified car at that degree, with a p plate on will only bring attention to you. Which it has.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
And all of that has what to do with a vehicle that does not comply with the regulations that are there, making it suitable to be driven on public roads. Driving around with a modified car at that degree, with a p plate on will only bring attention to you. Which it has.
You obviously live inside a box.

• Haha
Reactions: CTL

Kippie

Let me elaborate.
Up Mansfield there are hundreds if not thousands heading up into 4wd.
Easy for the cops with their u beaut off road bikes??? to nab them in town when parked up.
Now let's go deeper into this.
When I was up there I witnessed lots of feral activity in the camps along Eildon .
I took photos and reported shooting ducks with bow an arrow, drunks leaving cans and rubbish in the lake where they sat for a weekend totally pissed. Hooning with motor bikes doing wheel stands amongst women and kids. I even chased a divy van who cruised through one night and yelling and flashing my spotlight it did not stop but rushed through.
Ferrals even taped off one camp so they could have their own drunken weekend.
I offered my photos and myself to Parks and police as a witness to all this crap.
And guess what?
Nothing was ever done .
To hard. Easier to catch young P Platers who pull up in town.
This has gone on every Easter and Christmas for years and they use it as an example not to mess with cops???
And Yeah, years ago the Chief Commissioner was a friend of mine
So don't start the cop hater story to me.
Others doing the wrong thing doesn't give you an excuse to do wrong yourself. If you do and get caught, tough luck.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
There is doing wrong ? And there is doing wrong. Bloke drives and
kills. Bloke Parks and ???
Those ferals up at Eildon put others lives at risk and nothing was done about it.
Bit like speed cameras (revenue raisers).
Blokes get booked by a camera for going 8 ks over while other blokes weave in and out at high speed, road rage, etc. no cameras, no cops patrolling, risking others lives. Yeah. Get the easy meat and a good day's work.

2luxes

If you were to put professional drivers into that car and a standard version then run them around Mt. Panorama at the posted speed limits, you would soon see why the Government and police don't want the modified version on public roads.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I am all for stopping idiot drivers who risk others and kill others while driving crazily on the roads .
I have seen P Platers in lowered and modified cars being pulled up. I drove a modified Pontiac fire bird amongst other muscle cars and being an old bloke was never pulled up. Won't say what I did.
However, I have also seen blokes off their face, drugs and alcohol, speeding weaving, etc. on wrong side of the road, coming head on and driving standard and unmodified cars.
Go figure.

discomatt

Just out there doing their jobs enforcing the law, good on them but I agree it is a shame they cant be everywhere which is what Roger is alluding to I guess.
Always the same, when you need police nowhere to be seen, when you don't need them they seem to be everywhere doing their job..
Do I agree with the very tight limits on what can be done to 4wds is another subject and has nothing to do with police enforcing the law that is in place

Triton14

Im of the school where if you are not breaking any rules or laws you have nothing to fear from being pulled over & ignorance is no excuse.

If you make alterations/modifications to your vehicle then you need to know the requirements are, if you go outside of that then you have decided to run the gauntlet. Full stop

I see at least 6 to 10 4X4's a day with excessive lift & tyres that protrude outside the guards & I just shake my head at how they get away with it but I know its only a matter of time before they will cop a defect.

This is the age we live in, of over governing, complicating every day life, like it or lump it but you don't have a choice to conform or you will always be in a world of hurt!