Maf re learn procedure

Jorg

Maf sensor re learning 2009 4x4 bt50 3.0l
I had this posted elsewhere but photos won't upload any more.
I cleaned the sensors and my fuel economy went from 10l/100km to 12/100km hence the hunt to find the Maf re learn procedure.
Before I start
“ Extreme “ caution should be exercised with the following procedure because the engine revs up by itself up to 2500rpm .
1/ Warm engine up to running temp “above 82”

2/With engine running diagnostic port pinout “TEN” short to ground 5 times within 5 secs.
this socket is near the firewall next to the wiper motor, flip the grey cover open to expose the socket

3/ if 2/ is done correctly glow plug light will be on then within 30secs the engine will rev up in 3 stages from idle up to 2500rpm.
It will repeat once more through the revs then the glowplug light will flash for about 5 secs then goes out.
If engine water temp drops below 82 the ecu aborts the learn after one rev session and the glow light goes off.

4/Turn ignition off wait then restart “done”

5/ use this at your own peril It worked for me and I could not find anything on the net so decided to future proof myself next time I look.

bt50 2009 dlc _LI.jpg
MAF RESET.PNG

99pc chimpanzee

Hi,found this a while back,done on a pk using obd2 port which left floorwell drivers side up near heater,anywhoo,you can scroll to the 3 minute mark for the relearn procedure,cheers

Jorg

I had this posted on another forum a 1 1/2 years back. but after a failure in preserving the images uploaded in most of the threads has prompted me to upload the info here.
Using the dlc-1 socket is a bit more dignified than hanging like a bat to look at the obd2 port under the dash.
I leave a short wire grounded under a bolt near the socket so at each oil change I perform the relearn.
dlc-1 socket.PNG

99pc chimpanzee

Yeah jorg your information is excellent,the pictures/diagrams also,yes hanging like a bat,thats exactly how it is I also need a magnifying glass for obd port too at my age,its good for people to see how engine behaves during relearn also

Do you have a photo of the exact location of the diagnostic port socket?
I cant find anything resembling a grey circuit box near my wiper motor? Mine is a 2008 BT50 not sure if that makes a differnce?
Cheers
Maf sensor re learning 2009 4x4 bt50 3.0l
I had this posted elsewhere but photos won't upload any more.
I cleaned the sensors and my fuel economy went from 10l/100km to 12/100km hence the hunt to find the Maf re learn procedure.
Before I start
“ Extreme “ caution should be exercised with the following procedure because the engine revs up by itself up to 2500rpm .
1/ Warm engine up to running temp “above 82”

2/With engine running diagnostic port pinout “TEN” short to ground 5 times within 5 secs.
this socket is near the firewall next to the wiper motor, flip the grey cover open to expose the socket

3/ if 2/ is done correctly glow plug light will be on then within 30secs the engine will rev up in 3 stages from idle up to 2500rpm.
It will repeat once more through the revs then the glowplug light will flash for about 5 secs then goes out.
If engine water temp drops below 82 the ecu aborts the learn after one rev session and the glow light goes off.

4/Turn ignition off wait then restart “done”

5/ use this at your own peril It worked for me and I could not find anything on the net so decided to future proof myself next time I look.

View attachment 53464 View attachment 53465

Jorg

sorry for late reply mate notifications are not on for me. mine is Auto maybe that's why you may not have the same port.
if not you have to use the obd2 under the dash.
2016-12-04 17.04.01_LI.jpg

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Ozbush Electronics has an obd2 port relearn module, I have one, works great.
From memory mine was about $60.
Google the name it’s a good bit of kit for occasional use when needed.