Change background image

Lucked out at Leo

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by sharkcaver, Jun 6, 2018.

1. sharkcaver

sharkcaver Well-Known Member

Before Nichol's Knob came a week in Leonora:

part I

Terror, billolga and Spooner like this.
  2. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Great video mate , Love the music and its great to see areas that I have never been to and probably never will .

sharkcaver likes this.
  3. sharkcaver

Cheers!

Yeah, the music side of things is a hard call. Some like it, others do not. But I take a lot of time lapse - no audio with that - and I feel it needs something. a 30 second lapse with no audio seems a bit funny to me. I need to get some good instrumental riffs in my collection I reckon.

I put a comment on youtube about this. Some people think the arid parts of WA are the arsehole of the earth. I see a beauty in it others can not. If you ever get the chance, come over and experience it. I originally come from the East Coast, and the arid terrain over here is so totally different to the East.

Spooner likes this.
  4. sharkcaver

And now part II

Spooner and stevemc181 like this.
  5. billolga

billolga 4x4 Earth Contributer

@sharkcaver , I enjoyed your video but I have a bone to pick with you - you cost me money! I got strait on the net & bought a Nanopresso after watching YouTube & I am now after the Barista Kit!:cool:

sharkcaver and Mr Rum like this.
  6. sharkcaver

Thanks mate - Welcome to my world.... having used the nano for about 12 months now, and having proven it's worth, I just purchased a nano with barista kit and NS Espresso adaptor for my work bag! $138 from forever coffee on ebay (he had to list the combined kit for me as it isn't a kit option anywhere). Trust me, the nano with barista and ground coffee makes an awesome milk based brew - and no doubt a double espresso if that's your thing. My travelling compadre loves his aero press. The nano, with its high pressure extraction craps all over any french type press - try getting any crema from that!. You will be a happy man, I'm sure! if not, I'll buy your nano from you. I look forward to your appraisal.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    billolga likes this.
  7. billolga

Love it!
    The Barista kit & NS adaptor will be here in two days from Forever Coffee.
    * Warning, good Coffee is addictive.:eek::D

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Bomber2012 and sharkcaver like this.
  8. sharkcaver

I hear ya brother!

9. sharkcaver

Well, I've discovered the barista kit isn't needed for pod coffee's. Whilst it works well with the 16 gram ground basket, it waters the pod down too much. I have left the barista kit off my work nano with ns adaptor. So how are you finding the nano @billolga ?

Anyway, the main reason for my post:

I have finally got around to getting this trip report sorted. I am now up to date, just in time for another road trip ;) At the end of the week.

http://sharkcaver.blogspot.com/2018/05/lucked-out-at-leo.html

10. billolga

Love the Nano @sharkcaver , particularly now with the Barista kit.
    The NS is only a one shot thing _ it's a pity it won't take the Aldi pods that are larger as I found out when I bought some 12's.
    I opened the capsules & used the coffee & loved it.

sharkcaver likes this.
  11. Zamunda

Zamunda Well-Known Member

Loved the video. Thanks for sharing.
    As I learn about new places to visit, my list keeps growing. I am looking at early (wishful thinking) retirement to get this list done :D

12. sharkcaver

Thanks, I love yours too. It never ends mate - You will never see this county in a lifetime, early retirement or not.

Zamunda and Mr Rum like this.
  13. Zamunda

Zamunda Well-Known Member

I blame it on my parents. Why the hell did they not leave me a trust fund!? :D
    By the way, that goes for my in-laws too :D :D