LST Playing Video

newjojes

I know I have seen posts somewhere about playing video from SD cards, burnt DVD's, etc, but I can't remember where it was located. SO...
What are the secrets to playing video off SD cards?
What is the trick to getting my IPAD to work?

Boutime

Hi Newjojes
I have tried my SD card and manged to play a video (well the sound at least) copied to the SD card. In the source display I could access a button "Audio/video" on the screen. Selected video and I could select the video but only heard the sound. Checked both the front and rear monitors. Could be the format I used (mp4). Will try a few different formats and see how I go. Hope this helps. Let me know what you find.

Neddysmith

I think also you have to have to car in Park with Hand brake on for the video to work, or at least you do on other cars I have seen with this feature, else sometimes you get nothing or just the audio.

Boutime

That is correct Neddy and with the MU-X LS-T it affects the front display, but not the rear display. Still wants to see if I can somehow override it for the benefit of the front passenger naturally ...;)

Neddysmith

That is correct Neddy and with the MU-X LS-T it affects the front display, but not the rear display. Still wants to see if I can somehow override it for the benefit of the front passenger naturally ...;)
Yeah certainly can, there are a couple fo different ways of doing this, google is usually your friend.....;)

But I have heard you can get a USB stick which overrides the control, or you can bypass this via wiring if you are electrically minded, I think some you are also able to enter codes to get around this.

Similar to these......:) http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xvideo+bypas.TRS0&_nkw=video+bypass&_sacat=0

Last edited:

Boutime

OK so WMV files are not supported. Tried different MP4 files, they all played but Audio only. Toggled the handbrake a few times and other than getting a message that the video will display when the vehicle is not in motion did not have any affect. I will convert the video to a bunch of different formats tonight and will see what happens. Fingers crossed that we can get this one figured out.o_O

Boutime

OK so when all else fails, read the manual :). Unfortunately after several hours or stuffing around with different settings in PowerDirector 12, I still could not get a video configuration to work.:mad:
For those of you brave enough to try, let me know if you have any luck - this is from the manual:
Playable MPEG4 specifications:
Codec for Video: ISO MPEG4
Codec for Audio: AAC
Bit rate (Mbps): Average 4, Maximum 8 (VBR/CBR)
Fixed resolution: 640 (H) x 480 (W)
Frame rate (fps): 30
Container format: MP4

Playable WMV specifications:
Codec for video: VC-1
Codec for audio: WMA9
Bit rate (Mbps): Average 4, Maximum 8 (VBR/CBR)
Fixed resolution: 640 (H) x 480 (W)
Frame rate (fps): 30
Container format: ASF

I haven't had time to play around with the video in the MU-X yet, but for any video conversions I recommend Handbrake:

https://handbrake.fr/

It's Open Source (free), and comes with presets to make converting to certain settings / standards very easy, so you can create a preset for the MU-X with the specific settings and then just use that preset everytime to convert.

Boutime

Battlemantis, you ripper. Thanks it works on the head unit, but not on the back LCD screen. Will have to figure that out over time.

thrashin

Hi All, any new updates on this topic? Have we determined what format for video/audio to use? I have heard that burning the video files to a DVD allows them to play on the rear screen, but off a USB, no go - only front screen while not moving?