Lost my best mate

Zamunda

It's been a shitty week. Had to say goodbye to my best mate - Diesel today. He was also an awesome travel companion.

A few months back he developed a limp on his front right leg. Since he had already had a bit of arthritis thought it was getting a bit worse with age. He was 10.

On Monday during a vet visit, we discovered he has an aggressive bone cancer tumour. Had to do what was right by him. Damn hard.

Feeling down. :(

DTi_10_31_08_Diesel4882-E.jpg

Triton14

Condolences @Zamunda, sounds like he was a great companion & you had 10 great years together.

Great picture & Im sure you have plenty of others from all the good times you had.

red hilux

Sorry to hear mate.

i know it’s very hard. I lost my 12.5 year old Shepard and m 13.75 year old Shepard exactly 2 weeks apart in January

It’s the everyday things that will be hard now.
Just remember the good times

Rusty Panels

It's been a shitty week. Had to say goodbye to my best mate - Diesel today. He was also an awesome travel companion.

A few months back he developed a limp on his front right leg. Since he had already had a bit of arthritis thought it was getting a bit worse with age. He was 10.

On Monday during a vet visit, we discovered he has an aggressive bone cancer tumour. Had to do what was right by him. Damn hard.

Feeling down. :(

View attachment 66350
Very sorry mate. I know exactly how you feel. I've had to say goodbye to 4 of my "fur kids" over the last 20 years and I still shed a tear when I reminisce. I have 2 at the moment and love them to bits. Take a bit of time to grieve then go and get another one. Consider a pound pup or rescue dog though. They deserve way better than they've had so far. :(

idiomatically

Mate it must be very hard on you at the moment, sorry. I'd be devastated if I lost our Ruby, she is always by my side at home and when we're out and about. People don't understand the deep bond people can form with their dogs, I know I didn't until it happened. Again deepest sympathies.

Warby

Sorry to hear mate.. they’re definitely one of the family. Never easy when we have to say goodbye. I've got a 10yo Samoyed that I know has probably only got a couple of good years left in her at most. She's been with me since she was a puppy, growing up alongside my kids, and I'm absolutely dreading the day that we have to say goodbye.

SPOD_Here

Sorry for your loss. That’s the thing with dogs , they just don’t last as long as people. And some of the nicest people I know are dogs. Sigh...

Zamunda

Sorry to hear mate.

i know it’s very hard. I lost my 12.5 year old Shepard and m 13.75 year old Shepard exactly 2 weeks apart in January

It’s the everyday things that will be hard now.
Just remember the good times
Quite true. We both are struggling with the every day things. Since we work from home we practically had him around us all the time. At times he would sleep between our feet in the office. :(

Zamunda

Very sorry mate. I know exactly how you feel. I've had to say goodbye to 4 of my "fur kids" over the last 20 years and I still shed a tear when I reminisce. I have 2 at the moment and love them to bits. Take a bit of time to grieve then go and get another one. Consider a pound pup or rescue dog though. They deserve way better than they've had so far. :(
I know exactly what you mean. We do volunteer work at the Animal Welfare League here in Adelaide. Those pups need all the love.

Zamunda

Mate it must be very hard on you at the moment, sorry. I'd be devastated if I lost our Ruby, she is always by my side at home and when we're out and about. People don't understand the deep bond people can form with their dogs, I know I didn't until it happened. Again deepest sympathies.
It certainly is a special bond.

Rusty Panels

On a brighter note Duncan , are there plans for a new pup ?
It can help if you get straight back on the bike, so to speak. They are a huge part of your life for most people. I've been sort of lucky if you can call it that. We have always had more than one at a time so had the other one to help us through the hard bits. It's a process that takes time. I'll never forget any of my pooches. They live on in my memories. I reckon I think of each of them at least a couple of times every week. They're better than most people I think. Never been back-stabbed or ripped off by one.

80lover96gxl

Condolences Duncan. Heartbreaking it is indeed but gives some solace knowing Diesel won't suffer as the disease progressed.
Not easy but keep ya chin up mate.