Loose Nuts 4x4 Simpson Desert Trip 2010

billolga

We will leave on Friday for an easy five day drive to Birdsville via Quilpie to arrive on day 5 - Tuesday the 20th.

(BTW Bushnut, you have two day 3's. in the last post)

If you don't make it till the next day it would be fine by us as it will give us a rest day & Olga & I could go on a PUB CRAWL :D

Last edited:

BUSHNUT

both the OOdnadatta track and Birdsville track are closed again cant even get to that S#ithole William Creek .

phoned the Innaminkah store this morning, nothing is going in or out there, cant even get a plane in there, they only have a dry weather strip .

Might have a clearer picture before Friday but it looks bleak at the moment .

Our other option is the Anne Beadel hwy or go some where soft i NSW or up to frazer Island , any suggestions, constructive ones Thank You !

billolga

Unless I hear anything, I am planning on heading for Bulia & the Plenty tomorrow.

I CAN (4WD only from Windora) get to Birdsville, but the Finke road from Mt Dare is still closed due to flooding.

Grey Ghost

5th Annual Victorian Gathering member
Good luck out there Bill and Olga, hope you manage to get somewhere, anywhere soon! And Simmo, hopefully you can get out there too, looks like we made it through in time:D

deepop

4x4 Earth Contributer
And I'm hoping we'll make it through once the roads are all open again. Should be right with a week to go!

??????????

BUSHNUT

We are going to give it a go , the 2 track reports are conflicting,will be in Mildura tomorrow night and will ring cameron corner and the Innaminkah store from there to get an up to date report . otherwise we will go and terrorise western NSW or go and give the croweaters something to talk about .

now I want you children to be nice and well behaved while I am away , okay , no taking your bat and ball and sulking off home !

4WDN

4x4 Earth Contributer
Let us know whats going on, and track conditions, we leave in 2 weeks

Last edited:

BEK

4x4 Earth Contributer
safe trip simmo

if you get over to sa the grumpy ghost and bek teams have softened them up for your loosenut crew

wish i was heading out again

billolga

Were in Alice Springs for three days for a Rest & to get the vehicle serviced (The servicing is being done right now at the BEST Nissan Service Centre in Australia - Kittles - They do ALL the major brands of vehicles.

Without going into all the details of the trip so far (You will have to wait for the "Trip" story from Bushnut), WE have had an easy trip so far, unlike our Simpson friends, BUSHNUT with the other vehicle BOBBY & Di who cop'd MUD & DIVERSIONS on the way to Birdsville & MUD & DIVERSIONS on there way home down the Oodnadatta Track. It's raining everywhere from what we have heard, EXCEPT HERE where it's fine with temps between 11 & 28 Deg C - BUGGER!

Our ownly "problem" was the drive from Dalhousie Springs to the Stuart Hwy which was as ROUGH AS GUTS all the way.

The Simpson was an easy, relaxing drive this year via the French line - ALL GREEN with plenty of flowers - water & some mud.

Bushnut & Bobby drove to Birdsville from Victoria - We travelled the Simpson together & then we parted ways, AS PLANNED (No bust ups - :eek:) )
-------------------------
UPDATE! - Olga FELL IN THE TENT after too many "Lemonades" - BLOOD EVERYWHERE - Ambulance - Hospital - Drips etc - 11 pm back to the tent.

A VERY "Good" quit girl today - We will see.

A couple of photo's - Flowers are POACHED EGG DAISIES & YELLOW ANNUALS

Attachments

• IMG_1498.JPG
    IMG_1498.JPG
    257.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1520.JPG
    IMG_1520.JPG
    273 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

billolga

Well - You wouldn't read about it! - It's now RAINING IN ALICE - The Tanami is still open to 4wd's & I have permits for the Central Road - Which way we go to WA is up to the Gods.

teza h

Well Bill witch ever way the gods will have you go,It's all good cos yu still out there in the thick of it.
Hope Olga is OK now. Bloody lemonade.

billolga

Olga is fine now - She was bleeding from the nose & because of her asprin there was heaps.

We have our Central Road permits sorted out now after SOME MUG DELETED one of them of his Computer!! (Couldn't have been me) GMail backup save the day & the Caravan Park printed it for me.

We head for Ularu (Expensive) tomorrow & then three days to Laverton & WHO KNOWS WHERE!