Lookout rd Bago

No torque steer

Has anyone have any video of the Lookout rd track. I went along there the other day and the dashcam didn't record any of it. I would have liked to have seen it as there were quite a few washouts about 1 km from the lookout. I think it would have been pretty good to see and quite a few times had the Paj doing some balancing acts getting through some of the ruts & washouts and a bit hairy being on my own. The road was good up until just past Boundary rd junction and once I got further along I couldn't turn back so had to keep following along.

Attachments

• Lookout rd Bago.jpg
    Lookout rd Bago.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 13

ajr40

I was born and raised at Wauchope and loved Bago mountain as we knew it, walked and climbed it from the Wauchope side when we were kids and also blue creek dam. the fire lookout on bago gave an awesome view,, when we head home for a visit now , have noticed the lookout rd has been upgraded and looks like an easy drive, have heard that ordinary vehicles can now access the road to the lookout, but that was before the all the heavy rains and washouts this year,,, you should try the run to blue ck or down through kerewong for a look

Last edited:

No torque steer

I was born and raised at Wauchope and loved Bago mountain as we knew it, walked and climbed it from the Wauchope side when we were kids and also blue creek dam. the fire lookout on bago gave an awesome view,, when we head home for a visit now , have noticed the lookout rd has been upgraded and looks like an easy drive, have heard that ordinary vehicles can now access the road to the lookout, but that was before the all the heavy rains and washouts this year,,, you should try the run to blue ck or down through kerewong for a look
Thanks ajr40, I'll be heading there more often as I am near Taree so I can be on the tracks well within an hour. There are plenty around there to check out.

ajr40

Thanks ajr40, I'll be heading there more often as I am near Taree so I can be on the tracks well within an hour. There are plenty around there to check out.
Head to the local forestry office at Wauchope and you can get the north coast forestry maps you wont forget it, have fun mate. we do Gloucester to elands and comboyne every time we can away from work in newy

No torque steer

Yeah the first time Tyler Thompson said he went to Bago that was 30 minutes from his house I thought he had moved to Tumut or Tumbarumba. :)
Yes it has confused me on several occasions too