Change background image

Looking for club suggestions

Discussion in '4WD Clubs' started by Ramm, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Ramm

Ramm New Member

Hi folks.

I have been tinkering with joining a 4x4 club and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions, around Melbourne (Westside).
    Ideally I am looking for one that offers some sort of training, has friendly folks and regular trips.
    If anyone has advice on what’s good & what’s not in the area I would be grateful.

Cheers

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

3. Ramm

Ramm New Member

Thanks

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

So that'll give you an idea of how the clubs present themselves.
    Then the deal normally is that you attend a few meetings and go on a couple of trips to see if there's a social fit. It's good idea to check out a few if possible since there are different things that clubs value.

callmejoe likes this.
  5. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

I'd suggest doing a couple of independent 4x4 courses,try and go out with mates with experience as you know them etc....

Clubs can be very hit and miss....

Goodluck tho.....

callmejoe and dno67 like this.
  6. mikehzz

mikehzz Well-Known Member

I'm in 2 clubs, mostly only attend training days or day trips, no meetings, hardly know anyone in them. It's been good value I reckon.

80lover96gxl and abw like this.
  7. RODEODAVE

RODEODAVE Well-Known Member

Whats wrong with this club:cool: ....
    Get on the trip section and go on some drives, meet a group that you get on with and the rest is .........Posted in the trip reports section :D:D

callmejoe, greenmav, Ramm and 3 others like this.
  8. greenmav

greenmav Active Member

Well said Dave. Been on quite a few trips with the sa guys. Nice bunch. GEts better as you get to know the regular bunch. Scariest thing is doing the 1st one. Looking forward to meeting some Vic/nsw. Folks in two weeks.....:)

callmejoe and Spooner like this.
  9. RODEODAVE

RODEODAVE Well-Known Member

Mate your not the only one ... Heading down with the NSW CREW for this event ...

greenmav likes this.
  10. greenmav

greenmav Active Member

I will see you there then, last two weeks of work are gunna drag out the way things are going.....

RODEODAVE likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I'm a member of 2 clubs and have been in another.
    What's a good club for me may not be for another as interests and needs vary, but in general a good club will
    * have formal or informal induction for a newbie to integrate them into the social life of the club
    * have both a social and a trips program advertised well in advance so you can plan and can work your leave to suit
    * have a variety of trip types and length
    * have a driver training program
    * run workshops on recovery and demonstrate the various recovery tools (and as there are choices you'll save yourself money getting the tools that work for you)
    * may have a discount scheme for parts and accessories purchases
    * likely have other owners of wagons like yours whose brains you can pick

Some drivers like pushing themselves and their vehicles to the limit, others are out there to enjoy the scenery and company. That's why you start as a visitor/provisional member, to see if their pattern will work.

dno67 likes this.
  12. dno67

dno67 Well-Known Member

^ Sounds like an amarock advertisement. :D

greenmav and callmejoe like this.