Looking for 4wd fun

Samothx

Hi 4wd enthusiasts!

I am a German citizen, resident of New Zealand, currently stranded in Ozz after the Tasman travel bubble burst..

To make the most of my time here I have purchased a 2007 Ford Ranger 4wd with lots of mods, half of which I do not understand and I am currently exploring around Brisbane.
Around end of September I will be making my way up north, probably heading north to Cooktown quickly before it gets too hot & wet and then coming back to Brizzie slowly, exploring along the way.
I quickly found out that a lot of the tracks here are beyond exploring on your own, specially being rather unexperienced. So I am looking for like minded people to share the fun and learn from.

Cheers Thomas

Albynsw

Welcome Thomas
Depending on where you go of course but I would feel confident in travelling up to Cooktown from Brisbane solo. North of Cooktown it requires a bit more experience though

Samothx

@Albynsw, thanks for the warm welcome. I a aware that it is not a problem getting to Cooktown. But I have been exploring some tracks around Brisbane in Connondale & Mount Me parks, going into random off road tracks that I found on my hiking app or just by chance. Things get pretty narly quickly when you do that. The day before Yesterday I went down rather mean slope only to discover that the track stops there and I had to make my way back up which worked - but only just. Yesterday I discovered a promising track in the glass house mountains but it started so rough and was so narrow, that I decided not to enter on my own.. So I was wondering if there is such a thing as a site for 4wd enthusiasts to meet for trips.

Albynsw

I know what you mean with things getting ugly quickly. I once went for a day trip in a state forest and ended up stuck at the bottom of a gully for 3 days and had to get recovered by a logging contractor :eek:

Sorry but can’t help you with a travel buddy as not in the area

cam04

Social media will have meet ups, I’m not up to date anymore but did a lot when i was younger through internet forums that no longer exist.