lookin for easy tracks melbourne

D

djodojo

Hey guys!!

I was wandering if any of you can indicate me some good easy tracks not to far from melbourne (in winter ;))?

i'm a beginner so nothing too technical !

thAnks!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

djodojo

cool oznog05!! i'll give it a shot, so i just go in any tracks west of tallarook ?

Grumpy, i'd like to be able to go for a day trip so i'd say no more than 100km :D

thks guys!

jimbob

gday dj, there are some really good tracks just north of lilydale or some easy ones around Warburton (be carefull here though), JUST make sure you get yourself some maps from Melbourne map centre Ph. 95695472 (top hema maps,be make sure you get the topical ones.)
And keep checking in here for local trips, also there are some good pople with advise here !!!!

D

djodojo

Hey jim!
thanks for that mate i'll do it! Tell me, why do i have to be careful in warburton ?
and... I flew here :p:eek:

monk2

Hi djodojo there is a lot of good tracks at Tallarook state forrest but do not go alone and make sure you have the right recovery equipment with you, there are tracks from beginner to wild but as i say do not go on your own make sure there is at least two 4bys so if you get in trouble some one can help you out of it have fun

Triplayhard

there are some easy ones up neerim east way,(Sweetwater NCR) but also some difficult ones. read any tracks listed by Davidman in the tracks list he's added photos and video on most of them. I've done some of them -they are challenging, but generally much easier in the downward direction.

Sambartom

We have some easy tracks around Erica and Rawson and hard ones.If you only drive the one 4x4 when out bush and ya do come up this way drop me a PM and ill give you my number so if you do get stuck up my way i can try to help you out as long as your with Telstra if not hope you have a UHF..

russell1974

hey djodojo I am always up for a day trip you can pm me and we can organize warby has a fair bit of red slippery stuff but is some good fun I just need a few days notice normally

D

djodojo

Howdy guys!!
thanks a lot for all that!! i guess i'll never gonna go just by myself (ths monk2) oooor may be around erica even if on vodafone...

Russell i'd love to join you for a day trip!! what do you think of the next weekend ??

thanks again and enjoy the rain!!

Howdy guys!!
thanks a lot for all that!! i guess i'll never gonna go just by myself (ths monk2) oooor may be around erica even if on vodafone...

Russell i'd love to join you for a day trip!! what do you think of the next weekend ??

We are heading out tomorrow see the toolangi post and also we are heading out again next weekend waburton way also on sunday everyones welcome

Sambartom

Howdy guys!!

Hi mate vodafone will not work around my area but we have plenty of UHF reapeters and i have a home base so should be able to get you when out bush.Yep the rain is great has not stopped all night and day and last week we got 26.2 mm. Mmmm MUD.....:D

Sunava

Wombat Wonderland....

Being new to 4wd myself, I dont know of to many tracks, but the best i,v found around melbourne is the Lerderderg/Wombat state forest,, On the bacchus marsh-gisborne rd,turn of onto Carrolls rd, pick a track and have fun, thay spiderweb though out the hole forrest.
Some big bog holes and steep climbs, that place has the lot.
You will have a ball. :D

Cheers..

Being new to 4wd myself, I dont know of to many tracks, but the best i,v found around melbourne is the Lerderderg/Wombat state forest,, On the bacchus marsh-gisborne rd,turn of onto Carrolls rd, pick a track and have fun, thay spiderweb though out the hole forrest.
Some big bog holes and steep climbs, that place has the lot.
You will have a ball. :D

Cheers..

Come out and we will show you around toolangi tomorrow check the thread in trips and gatherings

phs

Hey guys!!

I was wandering if any of you can indicate me some good easy tracks not to far from melbourne (in winter ;))?

i'm a beginner so nothing too technical !

thAnks!

try the sites tracks section plenty of easy trks around + most of the are well detailed and you'll have a map ref. too. good luck..

russell1974

Howdy guys!!

Hey djodojo next weekend sounds good had a thought of saturday as sunday we are going to 4x4 show going to post on trips and gatherings later today hope to see you

D

djodojo

hey mate whats happening finaly ? \\
have you seen wallywombat post for saturday?

thanks guys! ill check leiderberg forest soon !

Last edited by a moderator:

warfer

Believe it or not Polleti Track and Mt Terrible Track and Ryans Spur etc etc (east of Jamieson,near Kevington) are very drivable these days,some are a little steep in some areas but the tracks are smooth,IMHO there like bloody freeways now with all the grading and bushfire breaks...AWD's will do it quite comfortably..

DFantastic

Hello

Hey guys i noticed some of you guys are newbies like me, ive been very keen to go my self if anyone wants to team up im willing to go