Lockdown Protests

discomatt

Would you expect the antivaxers to co-operate with the tracers?
If there was a massive amount of cases among the unvaccinated the health authorities would be all over it regardless of whether the filthy ones admitted to going to a rally and it would be in every news flash on every bit of main stream media. But strangely enough its not.
Even the pro lock down and pro mandate crowd here would have to see that such a occurrence would fit right into the pro vaccine agenda and therefore be splashed everywhere to continue the promotion of getting the last remaining over the line but that is simply not happening.
They have even stopped reporting how many vaccinated verses un vaccinated are ending up in hospital, that speaks volumes to anyone who can look at history and think about how the modern media and government works
Talk about clutching at straws

Kippie

Kippie

If there was a massive amount of cases among the unvaccinated the health authorities would be all over it regardless of whether the filthy ones admitted to going to a rally and it would be in every news flash on every bit of main stream media. But strangely enough its not.
Even the pro lock down and pro mandate crowd here would have to see that such a occurrence would fit right into the pro vaccine agenda and therefore be splashed everywhere to continue the promotion of getting the last remaining over the line but that is simply not happening.
They have even stopped reporting how many vaccinated verses un vaccinated are ending up in hospital, that speaks volumes to anyone who can look at history and think about how the modern media and government works
Why would the pro lockdown and pro vaccine crowd bother with that? It's a worn out argument. All the data show the facts.

peterfermtech

Maybe if your understanding of maths was a little better.

Now if we had a jar with 1000 M&Ms
900 are yellow and 100 are blue (approx number of eligible vaccinated to unvaccinated)
the yellow ones have a protective coating
100 get wet with 40 yellow (40%) and 60 blue(60%) turning green (approx number in hospital of vaccinated to unvaccinated)
so 40/900 yellow have turned green whilst 60/100 blue have turned green
or 4.4% yellow turn green compared to 60% for blue
or a factor of 14 times.

Albynsw

Maybe if your understanding of maths was a little better.

Now if we had a jar with 1000 M&Ms
900 are yellow and 100 are blue (approx number of eligible vaccinated to unvaccinated)
the yellow ones have a protective coating
100 get wet with 40 yellow (40%) and 60 blue(60%) turning green (approx number in hospital of vaccinated to unvaccinated)
so 40/900 yellow have turned green whilst 60/100 blue have turned green
or 4.4% yellow turn green compared to 60% for blue
or a factor of 14 times.

This has been the issue all along, people can’t or refuse to understand maths and statistics and just cherry pick bits and pieces to substantiate their view.
Your talking M&M’s and someone will want to add a jellybean into the conversation and the basic fundamentals of the situation are lost

mikehzz

This has been the issue all along, people can’t or refuse to understand maths and statistics and just cherry pick bits and pieces to substantiate their view.
Your talking M&M’s and someone will want to add a jellybean into the conversation and the basic fundamentals of the situation are lost
For a start, this should be in the lollies thread. :)

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Seeing this thread is something/sometimes, along the lines of lockdown, here is some input on current situation regarding lockouts.
Many of my family including myself are now experiencing lockout of the unvaccinated in Melbourne.
Especially food courts in major shopping centres, restaurants, pubs, takeaways, even a Telstra shop yesterday. etc.etc.
Going into supermarkets seems to be a free for all so not all QR coding 100%.
However generally there is a fair bit of checking, to the point where I bought a new phone for the missus and download services app. as well as covid vac cert. for her.
A pub a couple of suburbs away has been fined twice, somewhere in the thousands of dollars, so message is getting out there especially to the eateries, so many are now checking carefully.
Although kids 5-12 years old are not being mandated it appears that many will comply.
So the guts of it is, stand up to the plate, get vaccinated, get out and do what you want to do and live life again.
Even the media is getting tired of reporting the people who are lagging behind and those people will soon be forgotten.
That means this thread will fade away just like them. :).

Kippie

Seeing this thread is something/sometimes, along the lines of lockdown, here is some input on current situation regarding lockouts.
Many of my family including myself are now experiencing lockout of the unvaccinated in Melbourne.
Especially food courts in major shopping centres, restaurants, pubs, takeaways, even a Telstra shop yesterday. etc.etc.
Going into supermarkets seems to be a free for all so not all QR coding 100%.
However generally there is a fair bit of checking, to the point where I bought a new phone for the missus and download services app. as well as covid vac cert. for her.
A pub a couple of suburbs away has been fined twice, somewhere in the thousands of dollars, so message is getting out there especially to the eateries, so many are now checking carefully.
Although kids 5-12 years old are not being mandated it appears that many will comply.
So the guts of it is, stand up to the plate, get vaccinated, get out and do what you want to do and live life again.
Even the media is getting tired of reporting the people who are lagging behind and those people will soon be forgotten.
That means this thread will fade away just like them. :).
I have the same experience. Most shops other than the supermarket ask you for your certificate.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
You should come down to my local woolies,
No one checks anything, some people don`t even have masks on.
Thanks , That's great news for all the non vaxers.
They will be able to plan a trip, a family gathering and play a bit of sport at your local Woolies.
Can you pass the word around, put signs around the suburb, local paper, etc. so that the unvaccinated not only get a feed but have a good life and they won't feel like lepers anymore. ;) .

Corndoggy

Supermarkets cannot stop or refuse entry to anyone, vaxed or unvaxed. It is essential shopping, same at the chemists I use, though I have been asked for proof at another I went to. They should still be checking on masks but some people cannot and will not be told to use a mask in a public area. In a few trips to Bunnings I've seen a few big guys, no masks, not checked in, walk in straight past the guy checking, ignoring the guy and his request, off into the store, no ones stopping me attitude. Wonder if they have a "I'm to big and tough to catch covid" attitude.

Kippie

Exactly...if the MSM could conjure up any kind of twisted slant against the unvaccinated and cases they would.
Is this the sort of twisted slant you're looking for?

I quote:

"Ninety-four per cent of intensive care patients with COVID are not double vaxxed," Professor Cooper said.

"So intensive care COVID is almost entirely a disease of the non-vaxxed or inadequately vaxxed."
Professor Cooper said many of the remaining patients who were double-vaccinated had underlying complications including immunosuppression, or had only recently received their second dose and were yet to benefit from the full immune response it triggered.

He said many of his intensive care colleagues had shared the by-now familiar accounts of those previously adamant about their rejection of vaccines pleading to be given one at the point of intubation.

"And the doctors just have to say, it's too late, you can't have it," he said.

Professor Bellomo said it was "very upsetting" to see unvaccinated patients dying in ICU, when "two little mosquito bites" of vaccination shots could have prevented it.

boobook

Exactly...if the MSM could conjure up any kind of twisted slant against the unvaccinated and cases they would.
The good ol MSM. One unified group of hundreds of thousands of media outlets. From the ABC to Murdoch, from nne, to 7 to the Singapore straits times to the BBC to the China daily.

All unified with a single set of lies about one topic, and no others. The stupidity of antivaxxers.

Maybe it's just a fact.

peterfermtech

Prof. Peter Doherty

@ProfPCDoherty
·
12h

Tattoo ink injected into the arm takes can take exactly the same road to lymph nodes in the armpit as any vaccine. What's in tattoo ink? There are no clinical trials! The price of ‘freedom’: How anti-lockdown protest leaders make money from the movement