Lockdown Protests

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Basically this is it. The time of internet arguing is rapidly coming to an end and there is no point trying to convince people to help themselves, man up and don't be afraid of a needle. 80% vaccinated and the restrictions are let off and it's let it rip time, and not with basically 0 cases around like when the modelling and plans were made on. It really will be let it rip time.

It's sucks for all my family members in the health system. They are already overloaded whist we are in severe lockdowns to manage the patient numbers so everyone gets the best possible treatment for the best possible outcome. Not just those with the virus, but those that get sick from other things, have a heat attack, get injured in a car accident etc. This is about to end once the virus starts running free through the 20% unvacced (and don't forget kids under 16 aren't counted in this and under 12 aren't even eligible to be protected yet). You only need to look at what's happening in the US at the moments especially in places with lower vac rates such as Florida.

Currently my wife gets probably on average 2 calls a week from her sister who is an ambo in western Melbourne in tears about how bad her day was dealing with covid patients and the stress about how just 1 small ppe slipup could mean you could get it if you were unlucky enough to get a breakthrough infection or have to spend 14 days in a seperate room in her house not able to hug her kids or just bring it home unknowingly. Like imagine walking into a household where there are 6 or more family members all positive to treat one who is showing low oxygen levels, and their kids are walking in as they are excited to see Ambos and tugging at your gowns and masks and wanting hugs and stuff. On top of that being delayed to cardiac arrest patients by more than 20 or 30 minutes due to workload and ppe requirements which is basically a death sentence for those people. Those numbers never get reported. Cardiac arrest saves are at an all time low due to response times. Would hate to know about others such as asthma, critical injuries and such.

I'd imagine those phone calls are going to increase a little in the months to come.

Is what it is I guess. No one's changing their minds 18 months in.
Thanks to someone who is at the face of this pandemic. Good to hear the truth and reality. Not like people who quote rubbish by so called experts who have no real idea or personal experience. Pity some on here think only of themselves and their people but have no thought for others.

Corndoggy

Skurfer, know exactly what you and family are going through. Unfortunately it is only going to get worse. 20% unvaccinated is a bloody lot of people. Those that get sick enough to need treatment are all to happy to receive it when a jab might have kept them out of hospital. No thought of the people that have to treat them and possibly catch it. Then they say its their right to not get the jab, very selfish. Pity health workers don't get a choice not to treat those that make that decision. Then those that complain about wearing a mask when they have to go out. Try wearing full protective gear for your 8,10, 12 or 16 hours at work cause your over run. Mask, face shield, gloves, scrubs and gown then come home with red marks and sores on your face, then go back the next day for the same. Wonder how many of the selfish do appreciate just what gets done to help keep them alive. I think not many would. Tell the wife and her sister to be strong and be safe, same for the rest of you. There are people out there that do appreciate what's done, even not needed directly.

Albynsw

If you think the protesting is bad now wait until they turn off the 4G network because we are all running 5G now and they can’t pick it up, they are not going to be happy…………. :p

discomatt

The health system has been broken for years, nothing new about health workers been run off their feet, the covid virus has made it worse of course, if only Dan actually had increased capability by the 4000 beds instead of more political spin and lies.
I hope I am wrong but anyone who thinks he is going to open everything up when we hit our targets is dreaming, the line will be " I know its hard but we just have to hold the line a little longer, the health system just cant cope with the un vaccinated"
The health workers say they are over run now with just over 200 covid cases in hospital, its a very sad joke. But keep lapping it up people, believe the spin and create more division and hate in society.
People keep asking what I would do different, mmmm lets see, maybe fix the health system would be a good start.
My wife is also a nurse of 25 years, I think I know a little about how it works and whats going on

Robbo63

Skurfer, know exactly what you and family are going through. Unfortunately it is only going to get worse. 20% unvaccinated is a bloody lot of people. Those that get sick enough to need treatment are all to happy to receive it when a jab might have kept them out of hospital. No thought of the people that have to treat them and possibly catch it. Then they say its their right to not get the jab, very selfish. Pity health workers don't get a choice not to treat those that make that decision. Then those that complain about wearing a mask when they have to go out. Try wearing full protective gear for your 8,10, 12 or 16 hours at work cause your over run. Mask, face shield, gloves, scrubs and gown then come home with red marks and sores on your face, then go back the next day for the same. Wonder how many of the selfish do appreciate just what gets done to help keep them alive. I think not many would. Tell the wife and her sister to be strong and be safe, same for the rest of you. There are people out there that do appreciate what's done, even not needed directly.
The people that treat them have been vaccinated and therefore should have nothing to worry about. This is still a virus that has a very low death rate. Not like a disease such as TB or the Spanish flu. CFR's have never been consistent ranging from 20% to under 1% depends on multiple factors. Condemning people for a choice (which should be theirs) is unfair.

Kippie

The people that treat them have been vaccinated and therefore should have nothing to worry about. This is still a virus that has a very low death rate. Not like a disease such as TB or the Spanish flu. CFR's have never been consistent ranging from 20% to under 1% depends on multiple factors. Condemning people for a choice (which should be theirs) is unfair.
Don't know where you get your data from, but in the US covid has already killed more people than the Spanish Flu and is still going. Moreover, in 1918 they didn't have a vaccine and medical knowledge was far more limited. Without the Covid vaccine and our current medical knowledge I dare say we would have been in a far worse situation.

Robbo63

Don't know where you get your data from, but in the US covid has already killed more people than the Spanish Flu and is still going. Moreover, in 1918 they didn't have a vaccine and medical knowledge was far more limited. Without the Covid vaccine and our current medical knowledge I dare say we would have been in a far worse situation.

And you rely on the guardian for your info.

Robbo63

I only pass things on. I'm not an anti Vaxer but every person should have a choice

Attachments

• 20210926_094134.jpg
    20210926_094134.jpg
    980.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210926_094144.jpg
    20210926_094144.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 20210926_094157.jpg
    20210926_094157.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 20210926_094210.jpg
    20210926_094210.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17

peterfermtech

Been fully consistent. The CFR when it first came out of Wuhan was from memory 2.7%. Only better medical treatment has changed that down. Without that intervention it would still be the same.
And it is your choice not to get vaccinated. Not your right to infect others. Just keep away from the rest of society as you obviously don't give a rats about anyone else if you don't get vaccinated. So why don't you take your propaganda and use it to clean up the BS that you and your fellow cohorts are trying to spread.

Corndoggy

Well my daughter and all the other heath professionals don't get a choice of treating you when you rock up to hospital with your choice not to have a jab. Maybe we should be protesting that, marching in the street because they don't have a choice of that, give them the right to treat or not treat those not vaccinated. You can't do that you say. I'm sick I need help. It's their job. Ohh, poor you.

Albynsw

Well my daughter and all the other heath professionals don't get a choice of treating you when you rock up to hospital with your choice not to have a jab. Maybe we should be protesting that, marching in the street because they don't have a choice of that, give them the right to treat or not treat those not vaccinated. You can't do that you say. I'm sick I need help. It's their job. Ohh, poor you.

Mate how it works is
-It is my right to make a decision ( even if it is a poor one)
-It is my right that my government will provide a medical system to support me (even though I didn’t accept their advice that was in my interest in the first place)
-And then of course I shouldn’t have to pay for it because I am Australian and I have a right to free medical like everyone else

Get it. :rolleyes:

Kippie

I only pass things on. I'm not an anti Vaxer but every person should have a choice
Your freedom to choose ends where it impinges my freedom to choose. I choose not to be infected by Covid. If you are unvaccinated you are a high risk to me. Me being vaccinated is a low risk to you.

Corndoggy

Then the poor bugger that needs an icu bed, not through his own decisions doesn't get one because you have taken it up, from your decisions. They can't get the care necessary and end up dead. But you wouldn't care, you got all your rights.

Robbo63

Your right

Robbo63

Then the poor bugger that needs an icu bed, not through his own decisions doesn't get one because you have taken it up, from your decisions. They can't get the care necessary and end up dead. But you wouldn't care, you got all your rights.
Why would they need an ICU bed if vaccinated

Robbo63

Well I can see the intellectual people on this site get very nasty when confronted with someone who wants to exercise his or her democratic rights.

peterfermtech

Well I can see the intellectual people on this site get very nasty when confronted with someone who wants to exercise his or her democratic rights.
No ones stopping you from voting or suggesting you shouldn't. However they are defending their right of expression in criticizing your promotion of not acting in a manner that would be conducive to the communities right to basic health.