Lockdown Protests

Corndoggy

The fan has stopped that much shit has hit it. Cant understand the mentality of some of these people. Have had it so good since this started. I couldn't believe they were classed essential in the first place but they were. Most would have lost miminum time over the period. I give them a little leeway last week with the stage show street lunch, they maybe shouldn't have done that, at least it was peaceful. You can't drink, eat, piss or shit on the worksite, stand them all down, send them all home and wait till everything conforms to the standard then back to work, including vaccinations. Like everyone else should be doing. After today, close the building industry down. Those not vaccinated come startup, sorry don't meet the criteria of employment, come back when covid disappears. Today those union members should be ashamed of themselves, those that were members. Been a union member (not CFMEU) all my working life, by choice, worked in construction over 30 years of it, been fully vaccinated and have no problems about supporting no jab, no work. They want the right not to have a jab, the right to not being employed also becomes a right. To be fair I think and hope a great deal of unionists would not support them. And yes there would have been some non member trouble makers there.

LurchWA

Interesting to see how others see the things here in WA. It isnt perfect by any stretch but its a lot better than what the rest in OZ have to offer. Credit where credit is due to McGowan in keeping WA operating at around 75% capacity. He is no saint and his govt isnt doing a whole lot of anything aside from building a few trainlines. It will be quite ironic in a few years that a child will have more chance of catching a train than they will of being seen by a doctor in emergency on a sunday afternoon buts already happening anyway!
For all the talk of a 5B surplus, anyone can do that if they dont spend any money and these guys have spent squat, hence the issues WA has with a non existent health & hospital system amongst a myriad of other issues.
McGowan has no factional support within the ALP and relies on popularity for his job, much like Rudd was, when things go bad & they will, he will be looking for a new job in my opinion.
A lot of people miss another issue that so many over here sought to thank their illustrious leader that they voted for the ALP in droves for little more than their Covid response. A compliant media and rabble opposition certainly didnt help though it is unlikely the ALP will lose govt over here for at least another 3 terms so there are plenty here who will get to repent for their bad choices at considerable leisure

Bomber2012

The CFMEU being set upon by thugs.
Who said there was no such thing as Karma?

According to Trades Hall they were all "Right Wing Extremists".
Apparently there is no such thing as left wing extremists or left wing anti vaxxers.
Apparently Setka called in his bikie mates yesterday afternoon who started the violence, it maybe that right wing activists have now joined the demonstration but they certainly weren’t there yesterday when this started. Those sitting at home watching the MSM and believing the garbage they are being fed are a joke.

muffin man

I only saw a bit of footage on the tv this morning. By only seeing MSM footage what have I missed by the MSM hiding/not reporting ?

peterfermtech

Just watching these idiots getting herded up like cattle. Now that they've got them on the west gate they should get out the cattle trucks and take them away for a compulsory 14 day quarantine. They could get out the water cannons and load them up with invermectin and give them a drench

John U

Online reports I've read mentioned an app called telegram being used to organise these goons. The same platform was used to organise the protests on the weekend. It sounds like it's not well covered by the police so it works for them.

John U

Australians are generally too apathetic to protest about anything. Today’s action showed the police to be undergunned. They needed tear gas and water cannons.

Bomber2012

It will be interesting to see what pans out over the next few days, the protesters have said they will protest every day.

CTL

Australians are generally too apathetic to protest about anything. Today’s action showed the police to be undergunned. They needed tear gas and water cannons.
Does any Australian state have a water cannon?

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I believe even in the States during the Portland BLM riots they and other jurisdictions banned water cannons.
They don't seem to use them anywhere over there supposedly because of the injuries they cause.
They were one of the most effective tools for quelling riots.

peterfermtech

I reckon they could have used a few fire trucks today. The protesters would have been pretty buggered by the time they climbed the westgate after their wander around the city. It would have been a much easier to round them up then.

Actually I just remembered how cold it was today. It would have been absolutely miserable if you were soaking wet on top of the bridge.

John U

I doubt it. That's what I was trying to get at but didn't. Because Australians or so apathetic, and we don't have soccer riots, I don't think the police are equipped to deal with it. I was actually pretty surprised to hear they had rubber bullets.

allanmac

4x4 Earth Contributer
A few days ago Setka said, on 3AW if I remember correctly, in a round about way that he supported mandated vaccination, not just for construction workers, but pretty well across the board. It seems he has changed his tune somewhat as a result of these protests; maybe trying to save his job..:confused:. Personally, I have no time for the CFMEU as I believe they are the most militant union in the country, not unlike the old BLF, but in the current situation I have some sympathy and understanding for their reason to protest, if they do it in a peaceful manner. Whether they were all union members or not, doesnt matter, the behavior by many has been disgusting, whether it be damage to the union office, assaulting police etc and that dickhead on Monday who kicked a dog; again it is all disgraceful...:mad:.

BUT I wonder if part of this anger, not just from construction workers but the majority of Victorians now, is being caused by the inconsistency of decisions being made by the Vic Govt? By this I mean that according to Sutton & Co, 10-15% of Covid cases here are as a result of the construction industry, so their rationale is 'let's shut it down'. 80% of our Covid cases here are in the Northern & Western suburbs of Melbourne, so why not just shut down those areas and let the rest of Melbourne have some freedoms and let businesses start reopening...:confused:. No,cant do that, it is discrimination against those who live in those areas.....:rolleyes:.

Again, I dont condone violence/disgusting behavior that has been part of these protests, but I believe more and more Victorians are totally fed up with our continual lockdowns and have some sympathy for those taking part, with many I guess considering taking part themselves. Anyway, just my thoughts.

Skurfer

Just dumb. You really need to get your head read if you think any sort of protest would make any sort of difference or make it better. The bloody virus spreads from person to person. It's not the government spreading it, it's not the phone reception, it's not dan Andrews coming to your house to give it to you. Minimise your contact with people, wear a mask when you can't to add a layer of protection for you and others and get vaccinated. So simple. Basically what the government is telling you to do every day, and because people aren't capable of doing such a simple thing and thinking of the greater good, we now have a million rules in place to make it happen. NSW tried the common sense treat adults like adults approach and look how well that played out. Should have just played everyone as kids like they have done here from the start.

I'm unsure what more people think the government could do or how they could do it better. No country has managed to do it well. Apart from maybe North Korea but I'm unsure how well people would take it that if you got covid, dan Andrew would get someone to take you out the back and shoot you, and your family just in case you gave it to them. Or maybe take chinas approach and weld the doors shut on your apartment complex/house until everyone tests negative, although that could take a few months of there is a fair few people in your apartment complex. If you escape you get to go to the happy forced labour camp for a decade or so to smash out some cheap manufacturing for a government run clothing company. At least you'll have a job I guess

Unfortunately we have so many people that "do their own research" as in their heads, the internet is some vessel of truth that somehow the overlord lizard people haven't managed to or haven't thought to infiltrate like the media and are happy to believe in what Davo from Facebook comments as he definitely knows a doctor that told him so. People are being protected from themselves at the moment until we can get enough people vaccinated. Same as seatbelts, drink driving laws the list goes on.

Makes my head spin how people can't even do basic things for their own safety. Its like people must self sabotage to make themselves feel smarter than the actual experts in these fields. We are stuffed if China does come for us in the future. But I guess if the rumours are true, all the world's heads of country are working seamlessly together on this fake virus story to hold down their people and destroy their own economies. Even our different states with their different flavour of political parties and supposed incompetence have managed to do it perfectly. Amazing. Dan Andrew must have really hated getting revoted back in at the last election in a landslide victory to change what he was doing and lock everyone in their homes so they hate him..

Last edited by a moderator:

CTL

That anger is understandable. But if anyone wants to discuss the injustice of COVID, the headquarters of the nurse's union is just across the road from the CFMMEU's office.

Or, less than a kilometre up the road, is the Royal Melbourne Hospital. You can't go in to the COVID ward, but you can catch exhausted doctors, nurses and paramedics outside having a break as they prepare for the coming surge of patients.

They've been in full PPE at work and unable to congregate inside for almost 18 months.

Something to think about, as the building industry waits to resume.

boobook

Just one more example of how selfish, brainless antixaxxers are putting their shallow wants ahead of everyone's rights.

The result will be tougher laws, longer lockdows, less freedoms.
It is very clear these antivaxxers are just simple minded morons.

Sheez

Komang

Welcome to western controled society
Theres no karma but theres word what came around swing aroung.
Chip,5g anti vax and what next

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CTL