Lockdown Protests

boobook

I know what I think will happen in 2023 but wont bother being ridiculed and just let it all unfold
What is the point of continually saying you told us so, but you won't tell us till after the fact all the time.

Tell you what. I know the lottery numbers for Saturday night but I won't tell you till Sunday.

peterfermtech

Definitley not. I did do it a few months ago when the "I told you so" all started. There are a lot of predictions that are completely wrong, and lots that blind Freddie could have predicted.
Remember at the time thinking "What's happened to boobook? Plenty of fruit ripe for a picking."

boobook

Remember at the time thinking "What's happened to boobook? Plenty of fruit ripe for a picking."
Yeah chasing rabbits down their self made holes was entertaining for a while, it's a boody good laugh. But I'm working again. Not enough time to do my own research these days. I'm sure I kept a list waiting for the right day. Must see where I filed it. I knew history would be rewritten again.

boobook

Could you possibly get any more offensive to the millions of Christians around the world?
Unbelievable
It's nearly as offensive as saying old people and people with health issues should be left to rot and die in agony with covid so you can have your "freedoms" huh?

Last edited:

Kippie

Many Matt. As I said I have been to every march and protest since Dan opened up. People who think that a mass of the public marching or protesting does not get politicians to change their mind or moderate their legislation then were not around when we had the Vietnam war demos.
It's a very loooong stretch to compare the anti mandate demonstrations with the anti Vietnam war demonstrations. The anti Vietnam demonstrations had the majority of Australians support, which the anti mandate do not have. Moreover, most people were against sending our young men to war where they could die. The anti mandate demonstrators oppose measures that could SAVE lives.

Its a pity the "young" seem to think they are always correct. They do not understand that if it was not for "oldies" that demonstrated when they were young we may well be part of Japan/China/Indonesia, and I am sure they all would love to live under any of those regimes. Large demonstrations do have some effect, and do lead to changes, good and bad.
You incorrectly assume that the persons opposing your views are young.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
It's a very loooong stretch to compare the anti mandate demonstrations with the anti Vietnam war demonstrations. The anti Vietnam demonstrations had the majority of Australians support, which the anti mandate do not have. Moreover, most people were against sending our young men to war where they could die. The anti mandate demonstrators oppose measures that could SAVE lives.

You incorrectly assume that the persons opposing your views are young.
Hey I oppose his views and I reckon I am older than him.

boobook

Hey I oppose his views and I reckon I am older than him.
I oppose his views because he's part of the reason these laws were brought in, supported and passed. Regardless of age, lack of foresight is generally a bad thing with negative results.

You didn't have to be there to see that.