Lockdown Protests

Kippie

In Melbourne the antivaxers erected nooses to hang Dan Andrews. In Germany they were caught actually plotting to kill them. Freedom of choice to some antivaxers clearly means you do as they tell you otherwise you're going to be killed. Deranged!

German police 'foil anti-vaxxer murder plot' against state premier

Mick_Marsh

boobook

The unvaccinated are now allowed in non-essential retail.

Call me cynical but, I'm tipping the unvaccinated will be allowed into venues (such as Melbourne Park) by the 17th of January 2022.

Geez, some antivaxxers here will be sorry they caved in and got injected with devils seamen.

Last edited:

dirvine

In Melbourne the antivaxers erected nooses to hang Dan Andrews. In Germany they were caught actually plotting to kill them. Freedom of choice to some antivaxers clearly means you do as they tell you otherwise you're going to be killed. Deranged!

German police 'foil anti-vaxxer murder plot' against state premier
So I gather Kippie you were there? They were not Antivaxxers driving that car. Most were people who were Anti Dan Andrews and his power grab compliments of the leg opener upper house member and her mates. I stayed one night and purposefully asked all I could if they were antivaxers. Only one said yes the others all said they were anti the legislation that was being brought to the Upper House. I wish people would not just believe everything they hear on TV or read in the papers. I am vaxxed. I am not an anti vaxer. But I do believe we have a choice to be jabbed or not. If you dont want to be jabbed, then you take the risk (if indeed there is one) and you suffer the restrictions imposed on society by those who make the rules. Dont like the rules, then protest (like I did re the legislation) or vote them out at the next opportunity.

Kippie

So I gather Kippie you were there? They were not Antivaxxers driving that car. Most were people who were Anti Dan Andrews and his power grab compliments of the leg opener upper house member and her mates. I stayed one night and purposefully asked all I could if they were antivaxers. Only one said yes the others all said they were anti the legislation that was being brought to the Upper House. I wish people would not just believe everything they hear on TV or read in the papers. I am vaxxed. I am not an anti vaxer. But I do believe we have a choice to be jabbed or not. If you dont want to be jabbed, then you take the risk (if indeed there is one) and you suffer the restrictions imposed on society by those who make the rules. Dont like the rules, then protest (like I did re the legislation) or vote them out at the next opportunity.
They were antivaxers, anti Dan, anti 5G, anti police, you name it, a rag tag bunch of no hopers. Being there gets you tarred with the same brush, as none of the participants denounced erecting the gallows and calling for Dan to be hanged. Call it what you want, but it was clearly mob mentality. I would never associate myself with such a mob, even if I would agree with some of their points. It's not what you say, but how you say it that counts. Calling to hang a person is not the way to do it. I feel sorry for you being there and for your presence to be abused by those callous idiots by pretending that they have your support.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I don't shame anti vaxers I just let things take it's course. As a result, two from one family of mine have now been vaxed. Need to see an other family member now diagnosed with cancer.
Five from another family were unsure, however are now vaxed because father drives public transport.
One partner from another family has now been vaxed because of job.
Kids at school next.
I just wait for logic to prevail.
And so it goes, life continues.

LongRoad2Go

In regards to the FREE-DUMB ball, I encourage people to seek out YouTube videos by the celebrated journalist, essayist and intellectual the late Christopher Hitchens and his pursuit of free enquiry.

So, it is particularly important in a democratic society to allow these people to have a voice and fifteen-minutes-of-fame because, through their own actions and rhetoric, larger society will judge them and come to an ultimate conclusion they are crackpots.

Though, it is often the case, many of these types of groups tend to implode after a while because there is rarely consensus amongst individuals. Indeed, their psychological makeup means they all want to be heard and lead = too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Open-minded and responsible people will dismiss them as extremists, social and cultural pariahs deserving at best to be ignored, at worst, openly ridiculed.

For example, the Aussie Cossack and Craig Kelly are smarmy, fringe dwelling cretins whose only agenda is self-promotion and easy bucks. The former exemplifies these traits – dumb grin, heavy use of catchphrases that draw people in, and basically confrontational to those who don’t agree or show authority (Police, elected representatives), and panders to anyone that agrees with his views.

(I’ve seen that bloke with the medals somewhere before, but don’t know where. Could be wrong but I’m guessing he’s an ultra-right wing, ex-military type - many of those medals he wears are typically called TFC’s i.e. service medals they get just for being deployed somewhere or doing training. TFC = ‘Thanks For Coming’. So making out he and his wife are some kind of heroes because they ‘served’ diminishes real ‘heroes’. Being in the military is voluntary – it’s a job by choice. Also, the military has two branches: Arms and Services. Arms are the combat troops, Services support them. So he could've been anything from infantry, a cook, to a truck driver. We are not ‘Mericans who put every solider up on a pedestal as an exemplary person just because they wear a uniform!)

dirvine

They were antivaxers, anti Dan, anti 5G, anti police, you name it, a rag tag bunch of no hopers. Being there gets you tarred with the same brush, as none of the participants denounced erecting the gallows and calling for Dan to be hanged. Call it what you want, but it was clearly mob mentality. I would never associate myself with such a mob, even if I would agree with some of their points. It's not what you say, but how you say it that counts. Calling to hang a person is not the way to do it. I feel sorry for you being there and for your presence to be abused by those callous idiots by pretending that they have your support.
So no hopers that in the end at least got parts of the legislation changed. Not perfect by any means but at least a start. As I said YOU were not there so you do not know the feelings or views of any that were there except that you watched and believe what main stream reporters say. Baa Baa Baa

Last edited:

discomatt

got parts of the legislation changed.
And isn't that an absolute blessing to society that so many would have absolutely no clue about and how lucky they are that so many took the time to look at the proposals and say no way then take the time out of their life to try and make change.
Hats off and a lot of appreciation should be sent their way not all the ridicule and BS that is poured onto them by those who just follow the politicians blindly and would not have even looked into the original proposal put out the the Labour government,

boobook

While I admire the genuine, legal protesters against Dan and the bill, unfortunately most people switched off the protests because the agenda was hijacked by antivaxxers, pro choice, and anti 5g. They had almost zero support in the end and not much influence on parliament. Another opportunity lost due to unfocussed self interest groups. Who knows what the protests were for. Certainly not the protesters with 5 to 6 different agendas.

There is one person that stopped the bill going through, and that was Adem Somyurek. His motivation wasn't the bill, or lockdowns, it was to screw Dan over. It was a pure political power play. As a result they tempered the bill, and Dan needed the support of independents. So it was watered down to get their support.

Just another day in politics, and almost nothing to do with the protesters.

It's not rocket science and it's playing out right in front of our noses.

Last edited:

Albynsw

I don’t see that the protests have any bearing on the changes and if anything discredit the cause as you just get blown off as a bunch of lunatics walking the streets, clashing with authorities and damaging other people property

Much better to lobby the members to fight for change in parliament.

discomatt

@boobook so you think none of the pollies voted the way they did due to the numbers of letters they received and the amount of protestors that were there day and night day after day along with the 10's of 1000's that gathered every weekend, a large portion of the the labour party only voted the way they did to save their own job and statues, Dan has made it very clear what happens to those who challenge his authority.
@Albynsw the clashing with police and destruction was a very small minority that was put at the forefront by the media to suit the agenda of the time and it all stopped when the police stopped there brutality and authoritarianism approach to the protests.
Its a very different picture depending on what news and footage you look at and the perspective and light they paint the picture with, watch the live streams of the protests or attend and it comes accross very differently as to what the main stream media portrays

Albynsw

@boobook so you think none of the pollies voted the way they did due to the numbers of letters they received and the amount of protestors that were there day and night day after day along with the 10's of 1000's that gathered every weekend, a large portion of the the labour party only voted the way they did to save their own job and statues, Dan has made it very clear what happens to those who challenge his authority.
@Albynsw the clashing with police and destruction was a very small minority that was put at the forefront by the media to suit the agenda of the time and it all stopped when the police stopped there brutality and authoritarianism approach to the protests.
Its a very different picture depending on what news and footage you look at and the perspective and light they paint the picture with, watch the live streams of the protests or attend and it comes accross very differently as to what the main stream media portrays

Matt the problem is that what people see is a bunch of rowdy people who are disobeying public health guidelines with what the overwhelming majority see as a sensible thing to do.
Regardless of the personal reasons you attend, all you are doing is adding fuel to the extremist nutters who turn up to any form of rally with the sole purpose of causing anarchy so all credibility is lost.
Your concerns to protest might be very reasonable and valid but I think that they are lost in the fodder when you engage in this type of activity.

There are better ways to go about things IMO