Lockdown Protests

cam04

I never understood what retards ever thought there was to gain arguing with coppers at a protest, especially when they are clearly moving the crowd along. “I’m a special retard, I’ll just prop here and have an argument with a bog squad on clean out duty”.
I have zero sympathy for them and thank the police very much for their service.
Ill bet she was informing them she was a sovereign citizen’ and doesn’t recognise them. Well she will next time hahahaha.

Bomber2012

Really?? - life is pretty good here in the Democratic Republic of WA and has been for a very longtime.

Yes the Delta strain will be a problem but the biggest issue is stupidity which I think is more contagious as can be seen from the way people have behave in Sictoria and New Sick Wales.

Most of those protestors in Melbourne were just there to stir up and cause trouble - what they did isn't protesting it was pure mob violence just like the idiot protestors in the USA when they go on a rampage.

The longer we can keep those idiots out of our state the better our life is here.
Really , you have no idiots in WA ?
Wake up Karl your premier is one of the biggest idiots in the country, the man is bullshitting himself.

synchro1

Really?? - life is pretty good here in the Democratic Republic of WA and has been for a very longtime.

Most of those protestors in Melbourne were just there to stir up and cause trouble - what they did isn't protesting it was pure mob violence just like the idiot protestors in the USA when they go on a rampage.

The longer we can keep those idiots out of our state the better our life is here.
So Perth in the Democratic Republic of WA (sounds a bit like the Hermit Kingdom of Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) had no protests either.

So https://www.watoday.com.au/national...ckdowns-vaccine-mandates-20210918-p58stt.html

Corndoggy

I have seen very little of either protest and I am far from a supporter of the CFMEU but I imagine the police had an agreement with the CFMEU that it would be peaceful which I doubt they would have been able to get from the other group.
I would point out that the protest by the building workers only had those that have been working on that site for weeks if not months together, hopefully following covid safe restrictions, not a group that have gathered from all over Melbourne that have spent no time together, most not following any covid restrictions and a lot looking for a not so peaceful protest.

dirvine

I have seen very little of either protest and I am far from a supporter of the CFMEU but I imagine the police had an agreement with the CFMEU that it would be peaceful which I doubt they would have been able to get from the other group.
Peter any protest at the present time whether its "peaceful" or not is illegal under the Victorian State of Emergency Act.

dirvine

I would point out that the protest by the building workers only had those that have been working on that site for weeks if not months together, hopefully following covid safe restrictions, not a group that have gathered from all over Melbourne that have spent no time together, most not following any covid restrictions and a lot looking for a not so peaceful protest.
Again it was illegal under the current State of Emergency legislation. Also they were not following social distancing rules,, nor wear masks when not eating. Have a look at the news reports even those on mainstream media and you can see the fragrant non compliance of the SOE Act. Wrong is wrong in all these "demonstrations" and all participants should be fined,

discomatt

Peter any protest at the present time whether its "peaceful" or not is illegal under the Victorian State of Emergency Act.
The construction workers had no choice, they cant socially distance on the footpath and abid by coucil laws regarding blocking pedestrian access, they cant have a picnic in the local park so the road is the only logical and legal solution:rolleyes:

Laingy

Hmmmm. So many wise words from so many folk. I guess everyone thinks their words are more truthful than the next, eh? And that's what makes this country so great! We all have the right to not only voice our opinions on forums such as this, but to take part in legal protests/gatherings/meetings and such, so that others may hear our thoughts and hopefully join us. And the key word in all my diatribe is LEGAL! If you don't want to be arrested and pepper sprayed, don't attend meetings that aren't deemed as LEGAL! I can make my voice heard in many ways, and this forum is only one. I have been gassed before, but only in my military career, and only with my consent, so why would anyone wish to join a mob of "RentaCrowd" thugs (sprinkled with some groups of people with genuine grievances) and push the peacekeepers beyond their limit, and get capsicum sprayed in the bargain not only confuses me, it bemuses me. That's what I think folks. No need to thank me. I'm over 70 and free to do what I like, only because thousands of my countrymen and women have laid down their lives for our freedom!
Cheers and Stay Safe.
Laingy
PS I've also worked on many, many building sites, so I know their conditions too!

CTL

I agree with everything @Laingy said above.

In Qld, the key word is not legal, but “peaceful”. Under Qld law, everybody has the right to peacefully protest. It is enshrined in legislation.

The protests in Melbourne and Sydney were never going to be peaceful.

Albynsw

I think the main point here is the format of the protests be it anti lockdown, BLM, tradies lunchrooms or whatever is that they are not an effective tool to get your point across and probably polarise more people than what get onboard with your point

There are much better formats of getting your point heard with the added bonus of not getting a free sample of capsicum spray on the way

Karl Fehlauer

Really , you have no idiots in WA ?
Wake up Karl your premier is one of the biggest idiots in the country, the man is bullshitting himself.

He may well be (and I am not an ALP or Lib voter and I defiantly don't support the Greens!!) but life here in WA is great at the moment and there are major issues in which the ALP are failing to address here including our health system which is in crisis and hence why they are taking a very heavy line in regards to Covid because if we get it here like over east then our health system will crash. The ALP have done nothing to fix the problem but then neither did the Libs.

But as long as life is normal here West Aussies for the most part will continue to support him and unfortunately there is no viable opposition to them at the moment.

Karl

Karl Fehlauer

So Perth in the Democratic Republic of WA (sounds a bit like the Hermit Kingdom of Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) had no protests either.

So https://www.watoday.com.au/national...ckdowns-vaccine-mandates-20210918-p58stt.html

Of course we have had protestors here in WA and on the last two occasions as well - the difference that they protested peacefully and there was no outbreak of violence.

What I and others that I know, don't understand is why those people are protesting as we are pretty much free to live our lives as normal with a few minor inconveniences. Good luck to them and their protests as it is their right but I really think they need to take a long hard look at themselves o_O - there are more important things that people in this state should be worried about rather than protesting about their freedom??

Karl

synchro1

there are more important things that people in this state should be worried about rather than protesting about their freedom??

Karl
Like a $5b surplus based on an iron price way above $200 but has dropped to below $120 and heading south. Maybe instead of a surplus McHermit should have used a lot of that to improve the health system that it is one of the worst in the country.

CTL

36ED85F2-14F5-498A-B3B6-9610F55DFFDB.jpeg

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Been watching a fair bit on live streaming this afternoon. Like a lot of stop works I have seen and some been involved in, it was a good day to have a get together, smoko, and a bit of a punch up. A show of force to the usual biased You tube channel ( won't give those scums names). Lots of the trouble makers greeted the camera and mike operators by first name. They always turn up to film them cause trouble like in the other protests.
Setka the union boss copped it, so his heavies had to protect him from idiots who were not even union members who were just pushing anything and everything. Would not let Setka speak, instead started throwing stuff and breaking glass. You could see ringleaders trying to cause a fight.
For what?
Oh, that's gunna work ?????????

Karl Fehlauer

Like a $5b surplus based on an iron price way above $200 but has dropped to below $120 and heading south. Maybe instead of a surplus McHermit should have used a lot of that to improve the health system that it is one of the worst in the country.

Without a doubt - there is a lot of things that could have had the money spent on.

Karl

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Many were from movements who caused trouble at the protests last Saturday and are not members of the CFMEU.
However just heard on news right now that the building industry is going to be shut down.
Ah yep.
Can't help stupid.
Maybe CFMEU members should go sort it out with the scum who caused this to happen.