Lockdown Protests

discomatt

Its because it just a numbers game to the knuckle heads, easy to do the research on how different time frames make massive difference to efficacy, or don't worry just do what the pollies want

peterfermtech

Its because it just a numbers game to the knuckle heads, easy to do the research on how different time frames make massive difference to efficacy, or don't worry just do what the pollies want
So you finally understand what it is all about or maybe not. Yes it's all about numbers. Controlling the risk, controlling infection rates and the same applies to the vaccination.
The knuckle heads are those that think they can change things by protesting and not following the CHO guidelines because they researched some nutbag expert on social media.

peterfermtech

Now that Vic. has opened up one has to wonder what the protesters now think they achieved. Construction was closed down for two weeks. Protesters caught covid. Cases went up to record levels. Normal people went off and got vaccinated and achieved the vaccination levels that the roadmap had already indicated we would open up at. NSW opened up so Vic. had no choice but to open up.

Last edited by a moderator:

discomatt

And then the government sent a big FU to the anti vaxxers.
No they didn't, the anti vaxxers now have fake passports and certificates, or work from home or are joining the multitude of groups that provide work and goods to those who refused to have it. I know heaps of them
Hopefully the protestors will be in the streets again if Dan's new idea on totalitarian with the pandemic laws get past the upper house

Last edited by a moderator:

dirvine

The protest yesterday was attended by a vast majority of Anti Dan people and anti the new legislation he is trying to ram through with the help of the leg opening Upper House MP. As I said before I have attended two previous protests also on the same grounds as most of those around me..Ie get rid of the Dictator. Yesterday the Gestapo (Vic Pol) stood back, let the march proceed, just making sure property was not damaged. They let the speakers stand on the steps of Parliament House, and everybody just then dispursed peacefully at the end. If they had used this approach on the previous protest marches the outcomes may have also have been similar. It has taken Police some time to wake up to public sentiment rather than enforcing Dan's Laws. They even let people escape to the country before country curfew lock down was removed. So they can be selective in flexing their muscle when they realise the stupidity of the laws and rules of the SOE legislation. Hopefully they will realise that many other rules brought in by this bunch of sheep called MP's are also not worth enforcing for the greater good of Victorians and the rest of Australia. I am vaxed. I can understand those who feel they have been forced to take the jab against their own beliefs, or wishes so they can at least work in a job they are qualified to do. I am also sympathetic to the Non Vaxers. I just wonder when in a few years time, when more people start dying from the Flu and The Premier of the day in Vic trots out the Pandemic card, and forces everybody to take that jab as well. I can almost picture future Victorians looking like a junkie with needle marks in their arms with all the jabs we could be forced to take under this legislation. Think it wont happen.... I suggest you think long and hard the link between is not that long.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Wow. Is that anger, hatred and vitriol?
Or is that typical of the minority of society trying do what they want to with no sense of community responsibility for anyone but themself?

mikehzz

It's just democracy at work. If the protesters can convince enough people that it's wise for everyone to think of themselves instead of the greater good then that's what will happen. Until then, they're just a selfish minority bitching about laws they can't get changed because not enough people agree with them.

dirvine

Not that I agree with Mao but a long march starts with one small step. So often does change. Probably you were not around or old enough to worry about the Vietnam war and conscripts being forced to go there and fight. Those protests against Government legislation took 8 years to finally get change. So if protesting is by "just a selfish minority bitching about laws they cannot change" I suggest there are precidents for change by what starts out as few concerned then soon can grow into a solid movement and with political clout. Just look at the Green party for inspiration of what a minority can do!!!

mikehzz

Not that I agree with Mao but a long march starts with one small step. So often does change. Probably you were not around or old enough to worry about the Vietnam war and conscripts being forced to go there and fight. Those protests against Government legislation took 8 years to finally get change. So if protesting is by "just a selfish minority bitching about laws they cannot change" I suggest there are precidents for change by what starts out as few concerned then soon can grow into a solid movement and with political clout. Just look at the Green party for inspiration of what a minority can do!!!
I voted for Gough at my first election. Like I said, it's democracy at work. Comparing a war that was very questionable, and a government conscripting kids to go and die for no reason, to a worldwide health emergency is drawing a long bow.

Kippie

The world suffered a pandemic of epic proportions which, if let run loose, would have killed many more millions of people. Yet there are still people promoting the thought that protecting life is a fascist thing to do. Dictators, fake news etc. they scream, despite the fact that worldwide governments and scientists proved otherwise. When a vaccine was developed they screamed it's experimental and a mandate is fascist. Yet these screamers never have and never will present a better alternative. All they can do is scream from the sidelines. Great job!

In the early days of the pandemic Sweden was hailed by the anti lockdown masses as the best example to avoid the pandemic without lockdowns. Well, the word is out now. Their own investigation into their covid response concluded that they were slow and insufficient.

boobook

The world suffered a pandemic of epic proportions which, if let run loose, would have killed many more millions of people. Yet there are still people promoting the thought that protecting life is a fascist thing to do. Dictators, fake news etc. they scream, despite the fact that worldwide governments and scientists proved otherwise. When a vaccine was developed they screamed it's experimental and a mandate is fascist. Yet these screamers never have and never will present a better alternative. All they can do is scream from the sidelines. Great job!

In the early days of the pandemic Sweden was hailed by the anti lockdown masses as the best example to avoid the pandemic without lockdowns. Well, the word is out now. Their own investigation into their covid response concluded that they were slow and insufficient.

And Iceland was held up by antivaxxers as an example of how vaccines don't work. Almost zero cases and deaths since vaccination started.

How many times can people misinterpret cold hard facts?

Hundreds apparently. Lol.

Albynsw

Was disappointing to watch an interview last night the number of medical staff and scientists that have been targeted and received death threads because they have spoken out in favour of vaccination. Do the pro vaxx community do this to the antivaxxers?

Was talking with a local shopkeeper at the pub yesterday and she was telling me of three people who were going around abusing local store staff and refusing to wear masks or sign in. The cops were called and they hit them all with a $1,000 fine each.

I get that you may want to protest about it but targeting junior staff in a shop earning twenty something bucks an hour who are just trying to abide by the rules is piss poor form and says a lot about the character of the offenders.

Glad the local copper nabbed them :)

peterfermtech

You just stick to your guns on this one.
Meanwhile I'll just keep flashing my double vax until enough non vax roll over and the remainder succumb to natural immunity at which time you will be able to claim victory.