Lockdown Protests

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Exactly the same as all the fat and obese people should miss all the health care they need after a life of crap choices catch up and they need treatment for heart disease and diabetes. Good call as it is only fair as they have also know the health risks but ignored them causing more stress on the health system.
come to think of it there are a few cancers that could also be left to die outside due to there life choices
Dead set mate

You do realise that there are medical conditions that cause excess weight, you seem to hate people that are overweight and assume that it is their life choice to be fat and / or obese, not everyone has the body of Adonis and can work out everyday as you obviously do.

I take exception to your comments about cancers, your lower than a snakes ass for that comment

I have come close several times with cancer and know of another member on here that came close too, neither of us chose to get cancer but both of us are survivors. I contribute exceedingly well to the taxation system and have private insurance so am not a burden on the health system, I also am fully vaccinated against anything and everything, wear masks when required and check in as required so play my part in keeping society safe

Kippie

Exactly the same as all the fat and obese people should miss all the health care they need after a life of crap choices catch up and they need treatment for heart disease and diabetes. Good call as it is only fair as they have also know the health risks but ignored them causing more stress on the health system.
come to think of it there are a few cancers that could also be left to die outside due to there life choices
Unlike obesety, cancer etc, covid has a vaccine. It's a personal choice not to take the covid vaccine and clearly there are consequences with that choice. I bet that people who suffer obesety, cancer etc due to "a life of crap choices" would love to have a vaccine against those diseases.

Karl Fehlauer

I've been suffering a continuous and ongoing never before experienced sinus infection since we've had to wear masks, so here I am as a fit 42 year old male who actually ends up with terrible breathing difficulties when wearing one of these useless things- I suggest since you don't have any idea what his problems may or may not be you keep your mouth shut.

More Muppets.

Change the type of mask you are wearing then - there are different types and styles from paper to cloth - it maybe a reaction to the material or what's in the material rather than having to wear a mask.

muffin man

Obese people with medical issues who are that way due to lack of exercise and poor diet should be treated the same as unvaccinated...interesting debate. Of course they do have a vaccine...it's called exercise and eat an apple instead of a Big Mac.

discomatt

Plenty of choices in life, some cause disease simple as that, sure there are exceptions to fat people as with cancer.
the comment was as made that due to some people’s life choices they should be excluded from medical help and treatment, if that’s the case it should be for all bad life choices that cause disease not just one.
@cookie64 really, that s your all eggs in one basket statement, we have met plenty of times and got along well, I know you are smarter than that

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Plenty of choices in life, some cause disease simple as that, sure there are exceptions to fat people as with cancer.
the comment was as made that due to some people’s life choices they should be excluded from medical help and treatment, if that’s the case it should be for all bad life choices that cause disease not just one.
@cookie64 really, that s your all eggs in one basket statement, we have met plenty of times and got along well, I know you are smarter than that
It does frustrate me when I see someone that is terribly overweight eating the biggest Big Mac with super size fries but I don't know what they are going through and so long as they are not affecting anyone else then it just makes me feel a bit sad for them.

If a particular illness can be averted by a simple change of habits then I am pretty sure that already happens, some people have to lose weight before surgical procedures can be undertaken, some people are forced to stop smoking. There are a number of instances that come to mind with regards to poor choices that they either abide by, or they don't get the treatment. If I recall correctly, Derryn Hinch was forced to stop drinking before they would consider a Liver transplant.

Matt you've had a few cracks at me over the last few months mate which I've let ride as I think quite highly of you, but sometimes I think you need to just take a minute on what you write before you hit the post button as some of the stuff you post can be quite offensive and I know you are not a deliberately offensive person, sometimes I think you need Liza to smack you in the head and set you straight :cool:

cheers

shanegtr

Apparently the modelling is showing up to 4,000 cases a day in December so I think this thread has got a little mileage in it yet.
Trend looks like its starting to plateau a little so hopefully on a downward spiral
Capture.JPG

Kippie

Obese people with medical issues who are that way due to lack of exercise and poor diet should be treated the same as unvaccinated...interesting debate. Of course they do have a vaccine...it's called exercise and eat an apple instead of a Big Mac.
Do you know what a vaccine is? It's not diet or exercise.

Toyasaurus

Maybe these blind idiots should actually visit the county before running off their mouths.
I case of the yanks they should clean up their own pool before pissing in ours.

How do people like this have so much influence when all they do is talk shit about things they have never experienced,
and know nothing about.

What is the world coming too.

Albynsw

It is interesting to hear the comments from Americans on Australian affairs. On an American forum I frequent you can see by the comments how misrepresented and out of context some of reporting is, particularly if they are looking at some of the loony “ reporters “ clips that have been shown here.
It also made me stop and question what I think about America and if it is a distorted view as well, it has really highlighted to me how you need to look at things in perspective and context to get a handle on what is happening.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Some anti Covid crazies in the US want to invade Australia!

This particular mob especially are conservatives who are very strong in their 1st and 2nd amendments. They believe one has a legal right under 1st amendment to protect their own personal beliefs. On the other side the Democrats belive in covid and restrictions, mandates,etc.

discomatt

Some anti Covid crazies in the US want to invade Australia!

Or they are just stating what they see, sometimes you get a different perspective when you are on the outside looking in rather than on the inside looking out.
Anti covid crazies? don't they live in a country supposedly decimated by covid with 600,000 deaths?
Maybe they have blinkers on but maybe their experience is very different to ours which has provided them with a different perspective

Mick_Marsh

And I farted 5 minutes before the earthquake the other day but I can assure you they are not even closely related.

Nor is trying to compare the total world population with the number of deaths from covid.
I would have though comparing the total world population with the number of deaths from COVID19 world wide a fair comparison.