Lockdown Protests

John U

Put your head back in the sand ,you think it’s ok for a law abiding, tax paying model citizen to be treated like that.
You haven’t watched the video in its entirety and you come out with absolute garbage .
Go away you fool your only here to stir shit .
Ok so I watched it. Potentially a set up.
The woman yelling’Avi help. Avi help.’ At the start was very strange. Why would she be yelling to him when her ‘husband’ was right next to her.
We see no footage of what happened in the lead up to her being on the ground to prove anything either way.
Sounds like a she was booked for not wearing a mask and failing to give her address (her words). Things that we should be doing and might get asked to do respectively in this current situation.
I’d say inconclusive but likely BS.
Good money spinner for Avi.

How much of the donated money goes to fighting fines?

John U

Have a read up on the law about giving your details to the police.
In this case, it appears the police were out of line.
Fair enough. I will. I can’t see how they police restriction of movement orders if they can’t ask for id.

Mick_Marsh

The woman yelling’Avi help. Avi help.’ At the start was very strange. Why would she be yelling to him when her ‘husband’ was right next to her.
We see no footage of what happened in the lead up to her being on the ground to prove anything either way.
Sounds like a she was booked for not wearing a mask and failing to give her address (her words). Things that we should be doing and might get asked to do respectively in this current situation.

Ah, a conspiracy theorist.

John U

Ah, a conspiracy theorist.
Based on what? Logic?
The ‘husband’ is filming it ‘wife’ is screaming for Avi.

I imagine this type of sensational thing is his bread and butter.

Geez, lucky he was walking around a park with nothing going on with his body guards in tow when this random event occurred.

Plugs for his fight the fines thing all over it.

Mick_Marsh

Based on what? Logic?
The ‘husband’ is filming it ‘wife’ is screaming for Avi.

I imagine this type of sensational thing is his bread and butter.

Geez, lucky he was walking around a park with nothing going on with his body guards in tow when this random event occurred.

Plugs for his fight the fines thing all over it.
Based on the fact you are theorising a conspiracy.

Last edited:

LongRoad2Go

General comment: there seems to be a lot of dodgy 'Johnny On The Spot' type people purporting to be 'journalists' these days. Any wacko with a mobile phone, a cordless microphone, and a Facebook/Youtube page can play 'Investigative Journalist'. Get enough hits on the website and you accrue bonus points = $$$.

As others have mentioned, there's not enough footage to provide the whole story to this 'SENSATIONAL news report' - looks a bit contrived and not at all spontaneous, that is, they baited the hook and the Police had little choice but to bite.

Hopefully Police body cams will fill in the gaps if there is any footage. Where's that Aussie Cossack dipstick when you (don't) need him? At least he's mildly entertaining in a Three Stooges westie bogan type of way.:)

Last edited:

Albynsw

This is what the police are doing in Victoria

Really Luke? Blind Freddy can see that it is a staged event. She didn’t comply with directions from the Police and didn’t provide her details to show she was a local , what do you think is going to happen next?
I would be more outraged if the police just walked away and did nothing

I have no concerns about my mother or any family members because they would comply and provide their details because they have nothing to hide and are not part of a stooged stage event.

That ”reporter” should of followed the cops all day and watched all their other senseless thuggery harassing old ladies etc :rolleyes:

Last edited:

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I went to bed early last night. Tha't what a couple of reds can do.
So I missed out on seeing the Rebel show. Was that on TV?
Bit late but here is my two bobs worth.
In my opinion the acting was substandard, the Directorship of this movie was a bit wanting, the Director / acting solicitor did point out some legalities however I don't think I would use him , maybe his minder, he might know more legal stuff, like, you know sort of thing.
More specifically, even though the Director asked, I don't think I will donate any of my hard earned money to fund fighting the Director's court cases (a few now) or anyone else's court cases, fines etc. who attended a failed protest.
forehead-slap-slapping-forehead.gif

Toyasaurus

Simple.
He is just another asshole who thinks setting up coppers is news worthy.

I`d really hate to be in there shoes ATM, they seem to copping it from all side`s.

If you want to blame someone for the police acting the way they are,
go look in a mirror, you elected the pollies that tell them what to do.

Bomber2012

Melbourne is the new North Korea
This has to stop, this is really going to hurt Vicpol and will take years to gain the public’s trust .
Good luck with crime stoppers you nazi thugs.

• Haha
Reactions: CTL

Kippie

Rebel News is a far right political media organisation, originally from Canada. They are not a registered news organisation. This guy Avi is their Australian "correspondent". He is not a journalist. They only publish on the internet. Their strategy is to grab headlines by adopting confrontational means. I would not rate them a credible source.

Mick_Marsh

Speaking to the police

There are times when you must give your name and address if the police ask for them. You do not have to answer any other questions the police ask you.

The police do not have the right to demand your name or address without a reason. Generally, a police officer can only ask you to give your name and address if they believe you:

• have committed an offence
  • are about to commit an offence.

For example, a police officer can ask you for your name and address if they believe you bought alcohol and you are under 18.

Other times the police can ask for your name and address are:

• if you are driving a vehicle or boat and a police officer signals for you to stop. You must stop and show the police officer your licence or permit
  • if you are on the tram, train, bus or on public transport property (public transport inspectors and protective services officers can also ask for your name and address)
  • if you are in a hotel or licensed premises (staff can also ask your age)
  • if they believe you have information that could help them investigate an indictable offence. They must tell you what offence they think you can help them investigate.

The police must tell you why they want your details. If they don’t give you a reason, you should ask for it.

It is an offence to refuse to give police your name and address or to give police a false name and address if they have a lawful reason to ask you for your details.

discomatt

Have you read any of the above comments in response to your last video post?
Maybe just maybe he doesn't care about the opinion of a few people here and is more interested in what is happening to our society and doesn't like what he is seeing.
All pretty fair if you have any social conscience

Albynsw

The police do not have the right to demand your name or address without a reason. Generally, a police officer can only ask you to give your name and address if they believe you:

• have committed an offence
  • are about to commit an offence.

For example, a police officer can ask you for your name and address if they believe you bought alcohol and you are under 18.

Other times the police can ask for your name and address are:

• if you are driving a vehicle or boat and a police officer signals for you to stop. You must stop and show the police officer your licence or permit
  • if you are on the tram, train, bus or on public transport property (public transport inspectors and protective services officers can also ask for your name and address)
  • if you are in a hotel or licensed premises (staff can also ask your age)
  • if they believe you have information that could help them investigate an indictable offence. They must tell you what offence they think you can help them investigate.

The police must tell you why they want your details. If they don’t give you a reason, you should ask for it.

It is an offence to refuse to give police your name and address or to give police a false name and address if they have a lawful reason to ask you for your details.

So what is your point? They have a reason so just give them your details, why make an issue of it if you have done nothing wrong?