Lockdown Protests

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Rogerrazz, I dont care if they were looking for a fight or not, or a lunch room taken aweasy. Under the current lockdown rules neither protest should have been tolerated. The Police should have made arrests at both demonstrations. However one was ignored and the other actively pursued. Hence my comments. Laws and application of laws not consistently applied. I guess have a look at this and tell me that that sort of violence by police is acceptable
Every situation is different. It became obvious over ongoing protests that the thug element was growing and they were looking to bash the police. Actually many of those arrested were charged for assault etc. and many were even on bail. The thugs deserved what they got.
You only had to see the blokes in handcuffs and how they behaved to see that Doh!

Corndoggy

No sympathy from me for the old lady. She was young enough to go out and attended the rally, young enough to front up to the cops, who knows what was coming out her mouth, and slow enough not to get away. Like the so called news, Rebel News, with Avi Yemini, think that says it all. I do believe he was right there on the spot. Sounds just like him, "did you get that".

dirvine

I wonder if you would be happy if your mother was treated that way. Even if she was spewing forth profanities, she was shoved, shouldered knocked off her feet and then pepper sprayed. Police said the only people causing trouble were young aggressive males. (listen to mainstream media reports) Maybe he was dressed in drag!!! I guess all of you who think this is Ok will no doubt be more than happy and sell all your 4Wd's and have no protests when the Green Government closes off all the forests. At some point in time some people have had enough and protest. At some time the majority may have had enough and the protests gets bigger and bigger. If Dan does not open up soon it will get bigger again, and people will just ignore the rules. I have noticed that there is less compliance with lockdown 6 than the other 5 before. I guess those of you who are accepting of the police behaviour and what you see with your own eyes have all been law abiding and following the rules 100% with the lockdowns. Many now dont. Mainstream media seems to me to be very biased in whats reported. And yes I was there yesterday, not by choice but because I was collecting grog from Dan Murphy's and I was appalled at what I saw from BOTH sides. But what is reported on Free TV is very one sided.

Lost1?

Journalism always was, always will be edited to suit the message they want to convey. Sky news, any of the free to air channels or anyone just like Avi. They all have a spin to put on the message they deliver. It suits their agenda. You can quote Fake News throw away lines and edit video all day long to suit your agenda. Doesn't make it any more factual than the rubbish dished up on mainstream channels. Another case of come in spinner.

boobook

Oh yeah.Rebel news. That says it all. Funny as. They and their cohorts hate cops.

Yes it's interesting how Avi Yemini is so concerned about a woman's rights.

Pity he wasn't concerned about women's rights when he attacked and injured his wife and was convicted of domestic violence several times. And his own brother had to sue him for lies.

The police warned the public many many times not to attend the protest. So the woman in the video only has herself to blame.

Albynsw

I wonder if you would be happy if your mother was treated that way. Even if she was spewing forth profanities, she was shoved, shouldered knocked off her feet and then pepper sprayed. Police said the only people causing trouble were young aggressive males. (listen to mainstream media reports) Maybe he was dressed in drag!!! I guess all of you who think this is Ok will no doubt be more than happy and sell all your 4Wd's and have no protests when the Green Government closes off all the forests. At some point in time some people have had enough and protest. At some time the majority may have had enough and the protests gets bigger and bigger. If Dan does not open up soon it will get bigger again, and people will just ignore the rules. I have noticed that there is less compliance with lockdown 6 than the other 5 before. I guess those of you who are accepting of the police behaviour and what you see with your own eyes have all been law abiding and following the rules 100% with the lockdowns. Many now dont. Mainstream media seems to me to be very biased in whats reported. And yes I was there yesterday, not by choice but because I was collecting grog from Dan Murphy's and I was appalled at what I saw from BOTH sides. But what is reported on Free TV is very one sided.

I don’t condone violence from the police but to put it in perspective look at the pressure they are put under with these situations. I appreciate that they are professionals but I can imagine you natural instincts would still be triggered in the heat of the moment
Several police were hospitalised with broken bones and other injuries so it was no teddy bears picnic
That footage was cleverly edited to not show the preceding events only the outcome. Was it a little old lady ????
Also you say that you wouldn’t want your mother treated like that but so would the family members of those police officers who are forced into these situations

These type of demonstrations serve no purpose

dirvine

As per my original post all protests should have been shut down and all people involved fined. Rebel news or its reporters private actions have nothing to do what they film and post up. It is just that there is no "balance" on main stream, so you need to look at things from all perspectives. It seems many on here just have rose coloured glasses for the police, Dan Andrews and cannot see anything from any other perspective or are dismissive of it. There needs to be a balance in reporting, not bias one way or the other.

dirvine

I don’t condone violence from the police but to put it in perspective look at the pressure they are put under with these situations. I appreciate that they are professionals but I can imagine you natural instincts would still be triggered in the heat of the moment
Several police were hospitalised with broken bones and other injuries so it was no teddy bears picnic
That footage was cleverly edited to not show the preceding events only the outcome. Was it a little old lady ????
Also you say that you wouldn’t want your mother treated like that but so would the family members of those police officers who are forced into these situations

These type of demonstrations serve no purpose
Alby have a look at about 50 secs in, there is film before she is knocked to the ground. there is no police near her at the very start so at best she was being "verbal". As I say they are too scared to take on CFMEU members but happy to do what it takes with anybody else. Balance and even handed outcomes is what we need.

discomatt

That footage was cleverly edited to not show the preceding events only the outcome
Exactly the same as that " thug " who was all over the news after punching the police horse, wasn't a good look and the media along with society sucked it up.
Anyone here see the full video before it was removed from the internet? I doubt it...
it clearly showed the police hitting, shoving and threatening the protestor for several minutes before the 3 second clip that went viral.
Like always there are 2 sides, one side is edited, one side is deleted

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
After all the warnings by Police and Government who would be stupid enough to turn up? Your mother?
Even dumbo knew what was going to happen after what happened last time.
And guess what happened. ...Umm, let me think. No way, really? I can't believe that would happen, says ?????
Can't fix stupid.

Karl Fehlauer

And that Mark twit would like to see WA set back into the stone age if he could & someone should tell him he's dreaming if he thinks he will keep Delta out of his state.

Really?? - life is pretty good here in the Democratic Republic of WA and has been for a very longtime.

Yes the Delta strain will be a problem but the biggest issue is stupidity which I think is more contagious as can be seen from the way people have behave in Sictoria and New Sick Wales.

Most of those protestors in Melbourne were just there to stir up and cause trouble - what they did isn't protesting it was pure mob violence just like the idiot protestors in the USA when they go on a rampage.

The longer we can keep those idiots out of our state the better our life is here.

Corndoggy

Makes me wonder how long into the near future, that for state and federal elections, we will see what happened in America, because who I wanted voted in, wasn't. Never happen you say. Could say the same for the land of the free, home of the brave and the icon of a democratic system.

Albynsw

@discomatt @dirvine I am not backing the police as they get it wrong sometimes too but the whole event should not of happened in the first place and that includes the BLM and the Union ones
The warnings were very clear beforehand and they did their best to stop the march. If you are still stupid enough to disobey the law and get yourself into these situations you have to accept part of the responsibility for the outcome

I have never felt threatened or intimidated by the coppers so it takes two to tango

Triton14

Really?? - life is pretty good here in the Democratic Republic of WA and has been for a very longtime.
For you maybe, usually people who make statements like that have not lost any money through loss of job or business from this pandemic so only see things one sided.

Im sure there are still thousands of businesses & people who work in areas like tourism & hospitality that are still doing it tough in WA.

The comments McGowan makes re zero covid to me means that the border will never open to the rest of the country or internationally either.

Pretty grim outlook for a lot of people even if things seem rosie to some.

boobook

Exactly the same as that " thug " who was all over the news after punching the police horse, wasn't a good look and the media along with society sucked it up.
Anyone here see the full video before it was removed from the internet? I doubt it...
it clearly showed the police hitting, shoving and threatening the protestor for several minutes before the 3 second clip that went viral.
Like always there are 2 sides, one side is edited, one side is deleted

There are lots of videos. None taken off the internet. That's just ridiculous BS.
The guy clearly hit the horse with no direct provocation immediately before.

There are dozens of videos. Do your own research lol.

peterfermtech

Alby have a look at about 50 secs in, there is film before she is knocked to the ground. there is no police near her at the very start so at best she was being "verbal". As I say they are too scared to take on CFMEU members but happy to do what it takes with anybody else. Balance and even handed outcomes is what we need.
I have seen very little of either protest and I am far from a supporter of the CFMEU but I imagine the police had an agreement with the CFMEU that it would be peaceful which I doubt they would have been able to get from the other group.