Lockdown Protests

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yeah, the damage, the abuse, the spitting, the urinating, throwing of bottles, damage to buildings,flares, assaults, etc. by ferals is probably going to happen again like the other protests. NOT. ??????????? Don't agree with their march from a safety point of view but this is in no way a protest march, which is what this thread is about....I think?????????:p.

Kippie

Does highlight the double standards
What double standards? The health directives are clear. These people chose to ignore those directives. Whether it's a footy celebration or protest, both gatherings are illegal. The question is what do we do about them? Do we expect the police to round up every illegal gathering? Not a realistic expectation in my view. They have better things to do.
It's clear from the Melbourne experience that gatherings that go against the health directives somehow ends up as an infection feast. Covid does not differentiate between a peaceful or not group of people. The infection is the same. Hopefully those who ignore the directives are vaccinated, otherwise they and their families may seriously regret their foolishness.

CaptainBanana

Are you smiling for those of us who have lost our businesses? Is it amusing that people have lost their homes I know personally 1 of my now ex-staff is in the process of having this, is it funny that we can't go out after dark or see our family or friends yet the number still go up and we are still imprisoned in our homes? Is it hilarious that some of us don't live with anyone else and have spent this whole time alone distance from our family and friends under these exclusion rules?

What do you find worth smiling about either in that video or this whole situation especially if you are a Victorian? What a ridiculous thing to say.

Last edited:

discomatt

Well I'm smiling watching it. ;)
Although I shouldn't be as this lockdown could have been over weeks ago if everyone instead of 99% of us had done what was asked.
Except for those enjoying the win of a footy or rugby team.....
There are so many that are totally brain washed its become laughable.
I have had the opinion from the get go as has WHO that long and extreme lock downs have a far worse and long reaching harmful effects on society, we haven't even started to really see them yet in relation to children's development and long term mental health but we have seen huge increases in domestic violence, family break down and divorce, self harming and suicide. that doesn't even start to consider the financial implications and social effects of that yet.
The only critical thing I would point out from the CBN video is they implied it was scomo's responsibility, in a better world it would be but in this time frame its Dan and his small minded party.
I wonder how the people who support the draconian measures will respond to the mess it leaves us in going forward?
I bet they will be the last to support those who have severe mental health issues and the first to complain about the massive inflation and tax hikes

discomatt

I came across that video the other day, I was going to post it here but to a large degree there is no point, we all have chosen what we think is a reasonable response and many are convinced that the heavy handed police are reasonable , nothing will change their minds.
A couple of posts back @Kippie posted a very intelligent and enlightening post regarding how people think and their views shape what they take from a certain piece of info, implying that due to my opinion I only see one aspect of the situation.
What he failed to point out was that way of processing information applies to everyone, those who are pro mandate, pro forced lock down are also jaded in what they see and hear

discomatt

What a disgusting mother, just a piece of s$it. Taking her young vulnerable child to a protest and then using that child as a human shield. Exposing the child to that sort of trauma should be enough to involve Child Services to investigate a child harm report against her.
And I rest mt case....

CTL

And I rest mt case....
No idea what my response has to do with “your case”. I don’t care what side of what fence you sit on, or what your views are, but if you can’t see what harm that women has done to her child but using her child in that manner then you are blind.

Albynsw

Funny how the rest of the world thinks we have lost our freedom yet some of the zombies on earth think everything is fine

Yes it is crap and you guys must be doing it particularly tough down there, the infection rate is running in the wrong direction for you too which is not a good sign.

What do you suggest they do in lieu of the lockdown ?

Albynsw

No idea what my response has to do with “your case”. I don’t care what side of what fence you sit on, or what your views are, but if you can’t see what harm that women has done to her child but using her child in that manner then you are blind.

I have no idea of the background behind that clip but that was my initial reaction too, it is irresponsible to be exposing your children to such events
That woman, rightly or wrongly was not complying with the directive of the police woman and allowed it to escalate to the traumatic event her child endured. Should of left the kid at home rather than using it for fodder if that was her intention.

Bomber2012

Yes it is crap and you guys must be doing it particularly tough down there, the infection rate is running in the wrong direction for you too which is not a good sign.

What do you suggest they do in lieu of the lockdown ?

It’s been managed atrociously , with regard to the government I think this has been well above their capabilities from the start and they have used lockdown as their only defence. A secure quarantine facility and competent people running it 18 months ago would have gone a long way to minimising the lockdown. Locking down the area where 80% of this has started rather than the whole state would have been worthwhile.
Turning Victoria Police into a gestapo , allowing left wing groups like BLM free to protest while sending in the rubber bullets and tear gas to other groups is damming.
Ruling people through police violence is not the answer (nor are violent protests) I like many down here will be selling and moving out once we can , turning the state into a dictatorship will be the end of Dan .

peterfermtech

Are you smiling for those of us who have lost our businesses? Is it amusing that people have lost their homes I know personally 1 of my now ex-staff is in the process of having this, is it funny that we can't go out after dark or see our family or friends yet the number still go up and we are still imprisoned in our homes? Is it hilarious that some of us don't live with anyone else and have spent this whole time alone distance from our family and friends under these exclusion rules?

What do you find worth smiling about either in that video or this whole situation especially if you are a Victorian? What a ridiculous thing to say.
Maybe you should go back and look at the video and my comments so you can put everything in context. The video is titled "Australian Police smile as they arrest..."

Yes just like the police I am smiling at the stupidity of people that think that they can solve the current situation by parading around like that.

And by the way my business of 30 years has not operated since the beginning of this fiasco. I produce for the hospitality industry to large hotels and receptions which have been unable to operate due to density restrictions. Nor am I eligible for any assistance as manufacturing has been exempted by our state government for support even though my business supplies to an industry that is substantially supported. As a company director I am not eligible for any income support. So do I have a reason for not smiling? Probably, but I'm not able to hold back from smiling when I see the ridiculousness of these morons with their shrill and imbecilic behavior and then some trumped up two bit journalist/youtuber trying to make a big deal of it.

Bomber2012

Maybe you should go back and look at the video and my comments so you can put everything in context. The video is titled "Australian Police smile as they arrest..."

Yes just like the police I am smiling at the stupidity of people that think that they can solve the current situation by parading around like that.

And by the way my business of 30 years has not operated since the beginning of this fiasco. I produce for the hospitality industry to large hotels and receptions which have been unable to operate due to density restrictions. Nor am I eligible for any assistance as manufacturing has been exempted by our state government for support even though my business supplies to an industry that is substantially supported. As a company director I am not eligible for any income support. So do I have a reason for not smiling? Probably, but I'm not able to hold back from smiling when I see the ridiculousness of these morons with their shrill and imbecilic behavior and then some trumped up two bit journalist/youtuber trying to make a big deal of it.

True , YouTube “journalists “ are popping up everywhere in Victoria.
Except for those enjoying the win of a footy or rugby team.....
There are so many that are totally brain washed its become laughable.
I have had the opinion from the get go as has WHO that long and extreme lock downs have a far worse and long reaching harmful effects on society, we haven't even started to really see them yet in relation to children's development and long term mental health but we have seen huge increases in domestic violence, family break down and divorce, self harming and suicide. that doesn't even start to consider the financial implications and social effects of that yet.
The only critical thing I would point out from the CBN video is they implied it was scomo's responsibility, in a better world it would be but in this time frame its Dan and his small minded party.
I wonder how the people who support the draconian measures will respond to the mess it leaves us in going forward?
I bet they will be the last to support those who have severe mental health issues and the first to complain about the massive inflation and tax hikes
It will be interesting to see how many in our police force are on indefinite mental health leave after being forced to act this way .
The majority of police join to serve and protect the public not become Nazi storm troopers for a power hungry imbecile.

Albynsw

It’s been managed atrociously , with regard to the government I think this has been well above their capabilities from the start and they have used lockdown as their only defence. A secure quarantine facility and competent people running it 18 months ago would have gone a long way to minimising the lockdown. Locking down the area where 80% of this has started rather than the whole state would have been worthwhile.
Turning Victoria Police into a gestapo , allowing left wing groups like BLM free to protest while sending in the rubber bullets and tear gas to other groups is damming.
Ruling people through police violence is not the answer (nor are violent protests) I like many down here will be selling and moving out once we can , turning the state into a dictatorship will be the end of Dan .

Yep I agree it could of been handled much better and there are plenty of holes in the system but the only underlying first line of defence we had available was to limit the infection spread by limiting the moment of people
A quarantine facility only works for so long until you have a slip up with a delivery driver or some staff member or whoever unintentionally infecting the general public and you are back to square one as if the facility didn’t exist

As much as it isn’t perfect I don’t think there were any other viable options available to take.