Lockdown Protests

Albynsw

I never stated that a vaccine should not be part of the solution, of coarse it should be part of the solution as should all the other components as they are already being implemented in other countries around the world. just like always Australia is way behind.
should vaccines be mandated? NO
They should be an option for those who want it.

Sorry Matt but I am lost with all this. I have tried to grasp and understand your position but I don’t know where you stand on anything

John U

Do tell ?
You got me, and I must say I was surprised given the way the government behaves day to day. I'll need more time but I couldn't find much.

Some things that I think are a very worrying trend in Australia.

Locking up innocent civilians indefinitely.
Holding a person without charge.
Holding secret trials.
Strangling debate in parliament.
Spending way too much time and money on hiding things which the general public should have a fair right to know.

I still don't think being asked to stay home is draconian, as much as I don't enjoy it and it's wearing thin. I don't own a small business that relies on it though.

Bomber2012

Was it 58 charges brought upon the health department for the hotel quarantine stuff up and not 1 person is going to be accountable. 90 odd million dollar fine but it’s one gov organisation fining another gov organisation so it’s us the taxpayers that will pay .
If you can’t see the corruption you have something wrong with you, Dan is a shifty prick and will most likely get away with this .
If this was you or I that was responsible for this you would be going to jail
Hopefully if Dan gets enough rope he will hang himself

Kippie

Was it 58 charges brought upon the health department for the hotel quarantine stuff up and not 1 person is going to be accountable. 90 odd million dollar fine but it’s one gov organisation fining another gov organisation so it’s us the taxpayers that will pay .
If you can’t see the corruption you have something wrong with you, Dan is a shifty prick and will most likely get away with this .
If this was you or I that was responsible for this you would be going to jail
Hopefully if Dan gets enough rope he will hang himself
It's WorkSafe who found the DHSS deficient in their duty of care in relation to the people working at the quarantine hotels. Not sure if the tax payers will pay for it because the money goes out one govt pocket into another govt pocket.

linuxfan66

It's WorkSafe who found the DHSS deficient in their duty of care in relation to the people working at the quarantine hotels. Not sure if the tax payers will pay for it because the money goes out one govt pocket into another govt pocket.

i do love this story. how do you end up screwing this up. but at least what is good for goose is also good for the gander.

discomatt

1.64 million in fines, so what they spent over 4 million on the hotel inquiry to see what went wrong, 3 million on legals in said inquiry to defend themselves in the inquiry they set up only for the public to be told I don;t recall that wasn't me.
Or the 1.4 billion we Victorians spent on a road we didn't get , government are grouse.

discomatt

Sorry Matt but I am lost with all this. I have tried to grasp and understand your position but I don’t know where you stand on anything
Been pretty clear all along, don't mandate a experimental vaccine under a state of emergency, have consistent rules that apply to everyone ( the rules for everyone should be the same as those for the elite, yes you can leave and return, yes you can continue your life, yes there are some changes and restrictions.)
If people cant see the inconsistencies they are blind, latest example, several hundred maybe a thousand protest, massive police presence and its all to dangerous, they will cause everyone to suffer. Massive gatherings of footy fans, no police, no one sufferers, about 3 seconds of media footage

Albynsw

Been pretty clear all along, don't mandate a experimental vaccine under a state of emergency, have consistent rules that apply to everyone ( the rules for everyone should be the same as those for the elite, yes you can leave and return, yes you can continue your life, yes there are some changes and restrictions.)
If people cant see the inconsistencies they are blind, latest example, several hundred maybe a thousand protest, massive police presence and its all to dangerous, they will cause everyone to suffer. Massive gatherings of footy fans, no police, no one sufferers, about 3 seconds of media footage

Matt I 100% agree with you about the inconsistencies with the rules, the footballers going interstate with their wags to play a game when others can’t visit a dying loved one makes my blood boil but bigger picture that is also typical of governments or large organisations clumsy way of administration and goes on regardless of the current circumstances and you should not lose focus of the real issue because of it.

In a nutshell as I see it.
- we have a deadly contagious virus doing the rounds worldwide
- all stops were pulled to fast track the development of a vaccine which in any other scenario would of just toddled along in the background with limited recourses and funding so would typically of taken a long time but it was placed front and centre and given every available resource to be made available
-in the meantime practical measures were taken to try and limit the spread of the virus in the form of lockdown, masks etc. There is no financial gain or benefit to anyone carrying out these measures other than to preserve life and our healthcare system
-when a sufficient amount of the public have been vaccinated the virus whilst still not stopped can be held at a level that can be managed, the longer it takes to get the jab rate up the longer it takes to get to the next stage
-at that point the practical measures of lockdowns etc can be relaxed for us to return to ‘ normal” life pre Covid in the closest possible manor that still allows the virus to be managed.

That is it in a nutshell from where I am sitting, all the governments around the world are trying to get back to normal, I don’t see any using the situation to become dictatorships do you? Dan etc are playing politics nothing more with all their rhetoric and their time will come.

All the other stuff of losing freedoms and exercising my personal rights, new world order etc is just fodder on the sidelines and discussion that goes on regardless of Covid but Covid has given this dialect traction and people are jumping on board which is fine BUT IT IS A SEPARATE ISSUE.
Covid is a health crisis and should be treated as such and people are dying unnecessarily from it thinking they are fighting a loss of freedom issue. Don’t get caught up looking at all the minor points, I agree a lot of them have merit and piss me off too but these things have been going on for years long before you and I got here and will continue to do so and are a separate issue to Covid

Bomber2012

Not sure if the taxpayer will pay for it ???
Where does the govt get their money?

Kippie

Not sure if the taxpayer will pay for it ???
Where does the govt get their money?
It will be paid from general revenue (=our taxes). We won't be getting a separate bill for it. DHSS will probably have to reduce this year's programs proportionally and WorkSafe will put it back in general revenue. In the next financial cycle DHSS will increase their budget proportionally which comes out of general revenue. So it all goes back to where we started.

Reactions: CTL

Kippie

There's probably a big difference between a permitted controlled event (footy) and a demonstration that was not permitted in terms of Covid safety. Already two cases have been associated with the demonstrations.

discomatt

The 1000’s walking by the Tan on Sunday morning with their footy scarfs and jumpers celebrating the win in WA was not a controlled event….

Kippie

1438 cases in Victoria yesterday and many were due to illegal gatherings following the grand final. Goes to show that the lockdown rules are there for a good reason. Victoria will soon get to 2000+ cases a day at this rate. Unbelievable!

Victoria records highest-ever daily COVID total with 1,438 cases and five deaths

John U

Or the 1.4 billion we Victorians spent on a road we didn't get , government are grouse.
Napthine government stitch up. I guess at least it wasn't $66 billion for subs we said we'd want, then said we didn't want. But you know, LNP, excellent economic managers.

peterfermtech

Napthine government stitch up. I guess at least it wasn't $66 billion for subs we said we'd want, then said we didn't want. But you know, LNP, excellent economic managers.
The road that we needed still need and will get built but way too late and in the end way too expensive because of ALP petty BS and needing to support the greens.

John U

The road that we needed still need and will get built but way too late and in the end way too expensive because of ALP petty BS and needing to support the greens.
Don't agree. Infrastructure Australia rated significantly lower than 'do it now'. Return on investment was not good. I don't deny that it maybe needs to be done one day. The LNP's actions were a stitch up for the ALP, which cost Victoria a lot. There's a term for it, I just can't recall.

phs

How were today’s numbers in Victoria?

only going to keep going up from here. Embarrassing really.

over the whole people doing what ever they like as clearly they are, now focusing my anger at the federal vaccine roll out shamble