Local Clubs

drower

Does anyone know of a club in Wollongong. I have found a few on the net but all there links are old and emails not valid anymore. I am new and would like to get a bit of training. Also are there any training courses down this way.

Thanks all.

drower

Thanks I'll drop them an email
Sadly the contacts don't work from there I'll keep looking

Last edited:

Walkabout

1firefighter63 should be able to help, he's down Nowra way and is a member of a local club

Last edited:

BILLBY

yeah shell harbour is closer than nowra and most clubs if affilated to the assoc will now have access to the eastern creek track for training were as you can pay to do an accredited outside course ,clubs are great way to go for group trips and like minded persons
:cool:

BILLBY

I believe they are operating the track commercaily with some driver trainer school/s getting daily use and affiliated clubs are able to book as well free of charge , committee meeting thursday night I will ask our driver trainer, the tracks is a good test for vehicles and provides all type of terrain

geza26

shellharbour is meeting 8th of feb at the showground i am going to join on that date ,they say you have to do driver training down norwa as part of joining :):cool:

Bludge

I believe they are operating the track commercaily with some driver trainer school/s getting daily use and affiliated clubs are able to book as well free of charge , committee meeting thursday night I will ask our driver trainer, the tracks is a good test for vehicles and provides all type of terrain

There is a $20 per vehicle cover charge for members on the allocated days to cover track maintenance, your club will need to book this as a trip and apply via mtec@4wdnow.com or talk with your Association Delegate.
Available club dates on Association Web along with track terms and conditions etc.

:)

Patriot

Administrator
The next feature that we are going to build is a club finder. Club members will be able to list the club, where they meet and what sort of driving they do so anyone who wants to join a club can find a club easily. Shouldn't be too far away, hopefully only a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

James

BILLBY

same page

nice james should be able to put link for our club and other relevant info to prospective members maybe we can discuss the important stuff not just having the publications telling us what they believe they have acheived based on subscribtion numbers (maybe thats another post )
as for the driver trainer courses this will become a prerequiste for clubs ,it will cover liability issues and national parks maybe will require drivers to hold this ticket if they go down the track of user pays

Last edited:

Bludge

The next feature that we are going to build is a club finder. Club members will be able to list the club, where they meet and what sort of driving they do so anyone who wants to join a club can find a club easily. Shouldn't be too far away, hopefully only a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

James

This is already available at Four (4) Wheel Drive NSW & ACT :: Representing 90+ clubs throughout NSW and the ACT under the TAB Club Locations. Club names, descriptions and even Google maps of location thoughout NSW and the ACT http://www.4wdnsw-act.asn.au/maps/google_maps.php Most 4WD State Associations have this function.

It might be worth while piggybacking off this than re-inventing a wheel? :)

Last edited:

Patriot

Administrator
What we want to do is aggregate all of the clubs in Australia. Each of the states have their own pages, but they tend to not have a lot of visitors. About 70,000 people look at our site each month so it is a good way that we can help them all out.

Cheers,

James

Bludge

What we want to do is aggregate all of the clubs in Australia. Each of the states have their own pages, but they tend to not have a lot of visitors. About 70,000 people look at our site each month so it is a good way that we can help them all out.

Cheers,

James

Partiot,

I didn't mean send people to, but grab the information from :)