Lightforce LED215 vs ARB LED Intensity Lights

Ozbogwam

the ARB AND LIGHTFORCE come from china :

look here : 4x4,Big Discount !!! 9inch 10000lm Ip68 96w Cree Auto Led Spotlight 4x4 Sales, Buy 4x4,Big Discount !!! 9inch 10000lm Ip68 96w Cree Auto Led Spotlight 4x4 Products from alibaba.com AU

i looked at these and they are EXACTLY the same as the ARB AND LIGHT FORCE ... just differant color.

mk

ARB ones don't come from China they come from America. They are an ARB designed light that they partnered with Rigid industries to manufacture them to ARBs specs

Ozbogwam

I would like to actually see proof that ARB designed their lights here in Aus , they have them made in a factory in china that also makes very similar ones at a lower price point, so similar if you pull them apart they are identical inside, if ARB don't have exclusive contracts with the manufacturer then there is not much they can do,
ARB needs to worry about their dealers and how they treat customers .

I know the guy that designed them at ARB

Ozbogwam

Unfortunately arb staff exaggerate just how much arb product is made in Australia. There under investigation right now for there loosely claiming Australian made . its very sad that they have sent most of there manufacturing overseas. Give them a few more years and I doubt they will made much at all in Australia . I was sold a bulbar from them not very long ago then I found out it was made in Thailand this was after the fact the staff and manager quoted me there bars were made in Melbourne. I asked for a refund and bought a xrox bar as I wanted to support Australian made when ever I can afford too. I really wish big brands would stand fast here in Australia and continue to make things here because like your self there is more than one patriot.

ARB do own and operate a factory in Philipines or Thailand can't remember which, which is for the manufacture of some products for the overseas market predominantly. It allows for much more cost effective worldwide divert.

The majority of bullbars are manufactured at Kilsyth.

Everyone complains about how expensive ARB are but that's the cost of quality products manufactured in Australia.

mauriceb

the ARB AND LIGHTFORCE come from china :

look here : 4x4,Big Discount !!! 9inch 10000lm Ip68 96w Cree Auto Led Spotlight 4x4 Sales, Buy 4x4,Big Discount !!! 9inch 10000lm Ip68 96w Cree Auto Led Spotlight 4x4 Products from alibaba.com AU

i looked at these and they are EXACTLY the same as the ARB AND LIGHT FORCE ... just differant color.

mk
Hi all i send an email enquiring about these lights .Im trying to get them in reducing the shipping costs of $90 I have removed persons name as respect .Use a alternate email address or you will be flooded with sales emails
''QUOTE''Thanks for the inquiry of our hot sale 96w led spotlights.this is XXXfrom XXX company.

This one are our 9" 96w led spotlights, if you want red ring, that's ok because the red ring is available . One pair 96w includes 2 clear covers , 2 flood covers, and 2 mounting brackets .it's water proof up to IP68, we use real Cree chips and you must be satisfied with its perfect light output .

1.exw price : $85 each light(the more you buy, the cheaper it will be)
2.total freight: $90 by DHL . Please give us your zip code, we need to check if you are in remote area or not. If you are in remote area, you would need to pay $45 remote fee.
3.our main products: led light bar, spot lights,headlight, hid lights ect.
4.quick delivery time: because we have stocks!

Can we know your zip code?

Thanks ,xxx

Swaggie

ARB ones don't come from China they come from America. They are an ARB designed light that they partnered with Rigid industries to manufacture them to ARBs specs

Yeah and I think that's the whole point, just because a company is the first to lodge a patent does not mean it hasn't been designed and manufactured earlier by someone else. The hassle and cost to patent something can be herendous and people cannot be bothered outlaying the costs and time etc.. They just make it and pump the product out mostly from China..Also I think a product only has to change 10-20% and there not infringing the original patent :eek: and that change could easily be achieved just in a bracket...

Last edited:

Albynsw

Do Rigid Industries make all their gear in USA ? I suspect that it is all Chinese components regardless
Patents are not such a big deal these days as China does not recognize them and will copy your product regardless and you have little or no recourse through the legal system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozbogwam

Yeah and I think that's the whole point, just because a company is the first to lodge a patent does not mean it hasn't been designed and manufactured earlier by someone else. The hassle and cost to patent something can be herendous and people cannot be bothered outlaying the costs and time etc.. They just make it and pump the product out mostly from China..Also I think a product only has to change 10-20% and there not infringing the original patent :eek: and that change could easily be achieved just in a bracket...

That percentage thing is just one of those urban legends. You can't judge if something is 10% different to avoid copyright infringement. There is a whole host of criteria that comes into play when determining if an infringement has happened.

I believe Rigid are a proudly made in America company utilising their own R&D in the manufacture of quality products.

Just like ARB are and their considerable investment in R&D for their own designed and manufactured products.

The problem with the Chinese doing cheap ripoff a of everything, you'll get to the point that no other companies will be able to compete and this won't develop new and innovative products

Swaggie

That percentage thing is just one of those urban legends. You can't judge if something is 10% different to avoid copyright infringement. There is a whole host of criteria that comes into play when determining if an infringement has happened.

About 10 years ago I liked a design of a house that had been drawn up by a company but i wanted to include my own changes, he (architect) wouldn't touch it unless the changes were around 20‰ of the overall design..Diff to the original..Certainly wasnt Urban Legend then..;). Now that's Copyright and where talking Patents which maybe a bit different...

achjimmy

Do Rigid Industries make all their gear in USA ? I suspect that it is all Chinese components regardless
Patents are not such a big deal these days as China does not recognize them and will copy your product regardless and you have little or no recourse through the legal system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep in mind most US companies especially high volume production either Manufacter in Mexico or use Mexicans to manufacture. Not far removed from China rates. The biggie for LED production is cost of components. There are automatic placement machines in Australia that could Manufacture these lights but you can't source the bare LEDs cheap enough here to do it.

Young Nomads

Sooooo..what's the answer to the original question as I too would like to know..for those who have ARB intensity 32's how have you found them..spot or spread/ both.
Cheers
Robyn