Let's Do The Right Thing

dno67

I've been told bonno's in NZ has closed the doors to the public, opting for click and collect for the public. Store access still available for tradies. It may end up similar here in the future.

Albynsw

I just got an email from Bunnings saying it is tradies and emergency services personnel only up until 9 am M-F and they are closing at 7pm each night now

03hilux

At home and can't travel. There are going to be some mighty flash 4X4's and home gardens by the end of the year!
Ive stocked up on paint brushes, rollers ,trays and tape ready to finish painting the inside of my house. If im done before the lockdown is, i will be able to re-use the brushes in place of toilet paper.

Albynsw

Word on the floor is, there busier than they were at Christmas.
Yes they are very busy, I have been stocking up with as much gear as I can think of to keep me busy at home. Just had 5 bogies of soil and 4 bogies of mulch delivered in the last two days so I can do some landscaping as well.

re oiled the decking so far this week, just spent $700 down bunnings for timber to build a front fence (with garden beds to follow) a few years ahead of schedule (am doing a slow reno on house & yard working from back to front), might move onto the main bathroom next (thats gunna be big & expensive), gunna try & get out for a fish tomorrow morning first before they lock us down !
20200324_154036.jpg

Triton14

Im sort of at the start of a few projects atm & but the problem is if I want keep going forward I have to keep making multiple trips to Bunnings & other retailers to get parts.

The overwhelming advice is if its not essential then say at home!

Even makes it hard to do the things you really want to do even if your just self isolating because the gov is asking you to!
Bunnings are doing deliveries , ring them order what you need and they deliver it
I am also jobless at the moment so cant finish the projects anyway.
All I can do is plan them out, research the parts & wait until Covid -19 passes by!

Bomber2012

I am also jobless at the moment so cant finish the projects anyway.
All I can do is plan them out, research the parts & wait until Covid -19 passes by!
Sorry to hear about losing your job , its an uncertain time for all of us . Hang in there mate and ride this virus out , its a good time for all of us to re set and plan ahead . :)